Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

3 hours ago, sho94_2000 said:

Not at all.  Slab sides, basic door handles.

The grille has some character but the rest looks rather generic.  I see a lot of the Wrangler influence in the design which is a little disappointing.  Idk maybe it was the entirely too long ramp up or the spy shots but, like others here, I wasn’t wowed.  

That being said, once the official press shots drop, I may change my tune.  But that deliberately released factory pic is pretty detailed.  

IIRC the "bronco" pre-dated the Wrangler quite significantly...that changes somewhat when  you utilize the word "Willy's" ( ok, that just came out wrong...)

1 hour ago, blazerdude20 said:

That power top has been around for years on the Wrangler.  Since the JL launch (2018 Wrangler) and was shown off in November of 2017 at the intro.

Here's an article from January of 2018:  https://www.quadratec.com/c/blog/jeep-rolls-out-jl-wrangler-power-soft-top-pricing

3 hours ago, akirby said:

In other words it looks exactly like a Bronco and nothing like a Wrangler.

Ok. 

3 hours ago, probowler said:

You have to remember though, It's not simply the goal to "look good". Ford wants this thing to PERFORM and live up the Bronco name. Much of that time was probably spent beating it to hell and making sure this thing is tough.

For sure.  Never doubted that. I can’t imagine how Ford would be laughed off the automotive world stage if they came out with the Bronco version of the Sport Trac Adrenaline.  But like you I’m just not wowed by it.  But that’s not even an indication I wouldn’t buy it.  I very well may as it will tow infinitely better than the Wrangler.  

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I do have to say that I'm slightly impressed so far that they haven't stepped on their dicks with the styling of it with all the anticipation its had. 

I agree with everything you said and especially the last part.  I was skeptical that Ford could pull this off with some of the recent introductions they’ve had. 

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Im thinking its like the cargo covers in the back of the SUVs. Cylinder that clicks ito receptacles then one pulls out the cover , in this case roof, and theres Velcro ties to stop flapping.....just a guess though...but kinda makes perfect sense... 

Yeah, that could make sense - I also was wondering how they'd handle it flapping in the breeze while driving.

18 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, that could make sense - I also was wondering how they'd handle it flapping in the breeze while driving.

and I HOPE its sectional.. maybe 3 sections on 4 door, two on the 2 door...then one could have part or Bimini type coverage...although if its one piece maybe theres stops at intermittent lengths...would be a shame if its either fully open, or the whole roof... 

Edited by Deanh

6 minutes ago, Deanh said:

and I HOPE its sectional.. maybe 3 sections on 4 door, two on the 2 door...then one could have part or Bimini type coverage...although if its one piece maybe theres stops at intermittent lengths...would be a shame if its either fully open, or the whole roof... 

Yeah, it'll certainly be interesting to see how it all works.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Yeah, it'll certainly be interesting to see how it all works.

it could be one piece I guess, but then it would have to start at the front...and then be either half closed or full...or in the 4 door variant maybe in 3 sections...

7 minutes ago, Deanh said:

it could be one piece I guess, but then it would have to start at the front...and then be either half closed or full...or in the 4 door variant maybe in 3 sections...

The Wrangler setup has ribs in it - I'm definitely concerned with it flapping around if it covers the entire passenger compartment if it were just a fabric piece, unless it's not meant for use while in motion?

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've heard yes, and I've heard no

So I guess we'll find out in a few weeks when they actually reveal this thing. 

Unless they pull a Corsair and pretend the hybrid/plug in doesn't exist until closer to launch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've heard yes, and I've heard no

So I guess we'll find out in a few weeks when they actually reveal this thing. 

Honestly, I think it will be a no brainer for me if it does. As long as there aren't too many performance sacrifices and the price doesn't sky rocket too much.

17 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Honestly, I think it will be a no brainer for me if it does. As long as there aren't too many performance sacrifices and the price doesn't sky rocket too much.

what about potential curb weight...well, likely that's not an issue to those lamenting a hybrid I guess

I don't care about the weight if performance is equal and there is a somewhat of a gain in FE, especially city since I spend time in traffic. I won't be rock crawling or anything. Mountain bikes and potentially a trailer towed going to camp sites and trails.

Edited by jcartwright99
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, LoveTaurus said:

New York International Auto Show has been postponed to Aug28 to Sept6. Made me think that, the unveiling of Bronco and Bronco Sport plans might be affected in someway. May be Ford change the unveiling as an Online event instead?

Or do it at Ford Field again like they did with Explorer 

• Like 2

Can a hybrid drive through water?   I've seen people drive through water up to the hood snorkeled and keep chugging along, can the hybrid battery and electronics endure that?

I was never really interested in a Bronco Hybrid but now that you guys bring it up it reminds me of the old pre-2013 hybrid escapes which got 30MPG in the city!   That's an attractive proposition.

Edited by probowler
2013 not 2012
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, probowler said:

Can a hybrid drive through water?   I've seen people drive through water up to the hood snorkeled and keep chugging along, can the hybrid battery and electronics endure that?

I was never really interested in a Bronco Hybrid but now that you guys bring it up it reminds me of the old pre-2012 hybrid escapes which got 30MPG in the city!   That's an attractive proposition.

We’ll have to wait and see. The Explorer hybrid can go into a 18 inches of water.

22 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

We’ll have to wait and see. The Explorer hybrid can go into a 18 inches of water.

If they are really going after the Wrangler it needs to ford at least 30 inches, the new defender can do 35.  Maybe Hybrid won’t be on the most off-road packages.

Edited by boredinbirmingham
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, probowler said:

I was never really interested in a Bronco Hybrid but now that you guys bring it up it reminds me of the old pre-2013 hybrid escapes which got 30MPG in the city!   That's an attractive proposition.

The Rivians can drive through 3 feet of water, they start to float if you go deeper.

• Haha 1