Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

9 hours ago, zgxtreme said:

I only drive black trucks. This leak; is mentally writing checks I can’t cash without being served divorce papers. 

ZG,

On the way to the dealer, take her to a jewelry store. Something around 5 carats or so should win her over,,,,

HRG

5 hours ago, probowler said:

Well color me UNIMPRESSED.... this thing looks more Jeep than classic Bronco. Other than grille, what is there that is "Bronco"No power rear window, no tailgate, obnoxious looking fender flares.  Maybe the 2 door hiding in the corner looks better but I am not a fan of this 4-door. Also don't like the black, plasticky looking bumpers.   I think I might be waiting a few years for the refresh ?

I know these photos suck, and I'm sure it will look better in person, but as of now I'm just a little disappointed. I also wish we'd get a proper reveal instead of these "leaks".  Now we know what it looks like and the wow factor is gone. I think Ford could do better than this.

PB, you sure about that power rear window feature on the 1st Gen?  Every picture I look at I see hinges at the top, just like the spy shot.  The upper-edges of the front fenders have that "raised" area, just like the 1st Gen.  I'm more than satisfied with how they payed homage to the original.

Heck, if they would have put "little" tires on it, like the original, there would be people complaining about that.

HRG

AR-301169960.jpg

• Like 1

One thing I'm curious about-the leaked photos are showing a piano black or black grill for the Bronco-is because they are preproduction parts or is that the color they are going to be in? I was thinking grey/chrome or even body colored like the OG Bronco?

4 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

PB, you sure about that power rear window feature on the 1st Gen?  Every picture I look at I see hinges at the top, just like the spy shot.  The upper-edges of the front fenders have that "raised" area, just like the 1st Gen.  I'm more than satisfied with how they payed homage to the original.

Heck, if they would have put "little" tires on it, like the original, there would be people complaining about that.

HRG

AR-301169960.jpg

If we're going to pay homage to the original, then we're gonna have to get rid of ALL the power windows. Manual Windows, manual locks, manual transfer case!

Obviously the new bronco is more geared towards the classic Bronco, I don't care. I'm a FSB guy, I like the power rear window, but that's just my personal preference since It's what I grew up with.

I’d actually like to see a version that doesn’t have a removable roof. While it’s a cool feature, I’d never take the top and I’d rather have a quieter cabin. It won’t happen which is why I’d like to see the Everest come to the USA too. The bronco would be the wrangler competitor and the Everest would be a 4Runner competitor.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I’d actually like to see a version that doesn’t have a removable roof. While it’s a cool feature, I’d never take the top and I’d rather have a quieter cabin. It won’t happen which is why I’d like to see the Everest come to the USA too. The bronco would be the wrangler competitor and the Everest would be a 4Runner competitor.

I'm willing to bet that Ford has a solution that will make a removable top about 90% as quiet as a non-removable one. Keep in mind Ford is aiming the Bronco as a more civilized Wrangler for the most part. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm willing to bet that Ford has a solution that will make a removable top about 90% as quiet as a non-removable one. Keep in mind Ford is aiming the Bronco as a more civilized Wrangler for the most part. 

I wonder if it could be as simple as putting some nice sound mat on the inside of the hard roof. That's a home brew solution but I imagine it would be fairly effective

7 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I hope your right, but I also really liked the look of the bronco R body where it was all one piece. There are so many panel lines all over the removable roof that make my OCD go a little crazy ?.

• Like 1

Just now, blwnsmoke said:

More leaked images.  No way ford isnt leaking these on purpose.  Especially with the NY auto show postponed.

The Bronco is supposed to shown off officially in the next 20 days...the Bronco Sport was supposed to be at the NYIAS

Latest rumor I heard was maybe this weekend for the Bronco....

1 hour ago, probowler said:

If we're going to pay homage to the original, then we're gonna have to get rid of ALL the power windows. Manual Windows, manual locks, manual transfer case!

Obviously the new bronco is more geared towards the classic Bronco, I don't care. I'm a FSB guy, I like the power rear window, but that's just my personal preference since It's what I grew up with.

Then just say that YOU don't like it instead of saying it looks like a Wrangler more than a Bronco which it clearly does not.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Pffft.  3 feet.  I heard Cybertruck will be able to drive thru 26 feet of water ?

10 hours ago, boredinbirmingham said:

I heard it can walk on water!

I like a CyberTruck joke as well as any other, but you guys are just being silly. It doesn't drive through deep water or walk on it. It transforms into a submarine.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, probowler said:

If you don't like reading other peoples opinions, GTFO the internet.  There's always one of you types rolling their eyes when someone doesn't follow the herd.

If it looks better in real life, great! Maybe some higher trim levels look better. Hopefully it will make people happy and be a big success, even if I don't buy one. In the meantime, I'll keep talking and asking about certain features I like, and maybe one day Ford will listen and add some of those things. Change can't occur if we remain silent. What I certainly won't do, is tell other people what to like ?

We could take your opinion and 2 dollars and buy a Mountain Dew.  You think your opinion is sung by angels in heaven. The truth is if we never heard from you again we'd never lose a minute's sleep or shed a single tear.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, probowler said:

I know these photos suck, and I'm sure it will look better in person, but as of now I'm just a little disappointed. I also wish we'd get a proper reveal instead of these "leaks".  Now we know what it looks like and the wow factor is gone. I think Ford could do better than this.

Thing these photos don’t suck.  They’re not the usual potato shots taken and “leaked”, these are very high quality.  

But I agree......the more I see, the more it screams Wrangler. I showed it to a buddy who’s going to be in the market soon and is very interested in the Bronco (He’s a Ford guy having owned an F150, Escape, and a 2010 Mustang GT).  He said it looks just like a Wrangler and that given the choice he’d go with the Jeep due to the vast aftermarket support.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Gurgeh said:

I like a CyberTruck joke as well as any other, but you guys are just being silly. It doesn't drive through deep water or walk on it. It transforms into a submarine.

It actually looks a lot more like a submarine than a pickup truck... 

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Haha 1

Just now, sho94_2000 said:

Thing these photos don’t suck.  They’re not the usual potato shots taken and “leaked”, these are very high quality.  

I don't like the angles we've seen so far, which make it hard to fully appreciate the entire vehicle. Also while the pixels are there, the photos themselves are very amateur/leak style... not a professional/advertisement quality level.  It may look better in person still.

9 minutes ago, akirby said:

Yes and you all need new glasses.

You REALLY don't think it looks a little Jeepish, even from the back?

5367f1b9eaf60633eddfad98e0605c77.jpg

It's not just a couple of us here, I've read on other forums people who also got jeep vibes too.  I won't beat a dead horse but they definitely could have added a little more bronco touch with a proper tailgate and power window... and by incorporating a design element from the newer full-size broncos I think you could have made a really cool fusion and homage to entire Bronco legacy in one vehicle.

Edited by probowler