Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

ford-bronco-sport-spy-screenshot.jpgford-bronco-sport-spy-screenshot.jpg

new spy shots give a glimpse of a new orange color. It’s hard to tell if it’s the same shade of orange as the dealer leak. Maybe it just had different lighting? It looks a bit different to me.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR9w6cgStTOtRWB3zv_d4f

I wouldn’t buy orange to begin with, but I think a darker shade would look better. A dark reddish copper would look pretty good.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, T-dubz said:

new spy shots give a glimpse of a new orange color. It’s hard to tell if it’s the same shade of orange as the dealer leak. Maybe it just had different lighting? It looks a bit different to me.

I wouldn’t buy orange to begin with, but I think a darker shade would look better. A dark reddish copper would look pretty good.

more I see it, more I like the proportions....look like they've kept overhangs in check for once...

24 minutes ago, Deanh said:

more I see it, more I like the proportions....look like they've kept overhangs in check for once...

I like the exterior, I just hope it’s offered with some bigger tires and different wheels. All the wheels we have seen are ripoffs of the Jeep renegades wheels and the tires just seem too small. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, T-dubz said:

It seems like someone went through quite a bit of trouble to show the color. Are we sure this isn't photoshopped?

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I like the exterior, I just hope it’s offered with some bigger tires and different wheels. All the wheels we have seen are ripoffs of the Jeep renegades wheels and the tires just seem too small. 

easy aftermarket upgrade...Ive noticed most manufacturers being very conservative given the impact beefy gumbos has on gas mileage....

5 hours ago, sullynd said:

I have a deposit on a Mach-E. I could see myself going with a Bronco or Bronco sport. I like what I’ve seen of all three. 

Why? Is it toward a limited edition model? Buying a brand new model is risky enough, putting money down sight unseen is even more sketch!

3 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

It seems like someone went through quite a bit of trouble to show the color. Are we sure this isn't photoshopped?

It's probably a preproduction vehicle so they applied the camo on the paint but they have to leave the seam because the doors and hood has to be able to open. maybe if they had more time, they can wrap the door handle too but someone probably had to clock out that day by 5 pm ?

Previous camo were done on prototype and they are typically just painted with primer so you don't see the seams where the camo wrap end at the edge of each panel.

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

It's probably a preproduction vehicle so they applied the camo on the paint but they have to leave the seam because the doors and hood has to be able to open. maybe if they had more time, they can wrap the door handle too but someone probably had to clock out that day by 5 pm ?

Previous camo were done on prototype and they are typically just painted with primer so you don't see the seams where the camo wrap end at the edge of each panel.

I'm thinking they could have just wrapped the camo around the edges to hide the paint. Not only that, why did they even bother to camo it when the other pics  without camo have been seen weeks ago?

10 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

I'm thinking they could have just wrapped the camo around the edges to hide the paint. Not only that, why did they even bother to camo it when the other pics  without camo have been seen weeks ago?

Because we wouldn't be talking about it.   I don't think that was an accident.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, probowler said:

I would hope that an off-road oriented SUV comes with proper wheels over some blingy 22s...

heck...I would say over half of the 4x4 F-150s we see go straight to Tire Rack for wheel upgrades....remember...mileage and whats on the window sticker are somewhat more important in the big picture....even the ranger loses a couple of MPGs when one options the more aggressive OEM tire.... and that's just tread type not size...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Deanh said:

heck...I would say over half of the 4x4 F-150s we see go straight to Tire Rack for wheel upgrades....remember...mileage and whats on the window sticker are somewhat more important in the big picture....even the ranger loses a couple of MPGs when one options the more aggressive OEM tire.... and that's just tread type not size...

Absolutely correct sir. You won't see those all-weather tires coming onto OEM tires any time soon as the price and MPG numbers are just too important.

One can see the review on the OEM tires on Tire Rack and it's easy to see a pattern that the rolling resistance or the MPG is good, but terrible at a lot of other things.

I still remember laughing so much from an article at thetruthaboutcars that it's the smartest idea to replace the tires with the same ones that was originally equipped.. ?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dlghtjr90 said:

Absolutely correct sir. You won't see those all-weather tires coming onto OEM tires any time soon as the price and MPG numbers are just too important.

One can see the review on the OEM tires on Tire Rack and it's easy to see a pattern that the rolling resistance or the MPG is good, but terrible at a lot of other things.

I still remember laughing so much from an article at thetruthaboutcars that it's the smartest idea to replace the tires with the same ones that was originally equipped.. ?

How are new vehicles getting 4 and 5-start vehicle crash ratings if the stock tires are so bad?  Not disputing your claim, just something that on the surface seems odd. They should definitely be lowering the rating if these cars are using low-traction tires to gain extra MPGs.

29 minutes ago, probowler said:

How are new vehicles getting 4 and 5-start vehicle crash ratings if the stock tires are so bad?  Not disputing your claim, just something that on the surface seems odd. They should definitely be lowering the rating if these cars are using low-traction tires to gain extra MPGs.

Tires have nothing to do with crash ratings,

• Like 1