Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

23 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

And don't forget, Bronco Sport is also considered a premium product, so they're not looking to pump out 8 billion of them for cheap.  They're wanting to charge a higher pricepoint and make more on them, and AWD helps justify that higher pricepoint too.

It’s only premium in ford’s eyes. Your average consumer is going to look at it as just another escape. So far, the interior and the 1.3L engine don’t scream premium to me. Maybe there’s some really cool stuff we don’t know about yet that really separates it, but as of now, I’m just not seeing it.

13 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

It’s only premium in ford’s eyes. Your average consumer is going to look at it as just another escape. So far, the interior and the 1.3L engine don’t scream premium to me. Maybe there’s some really cool stuff we don’t know about yet that really separates it, but as of now, I’m just not seeing it.

AWD only and it’s a 1.5 not 1.3L

I’m sure there is other stuff too that we don’t know about. 

23 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Premium as in more expensive than a similar Escape.  Why?  Very little direct competition.  Folks who love the styling won’t mind paying a little extra for it.  And they can load it up with off-road accessories and options for a much higher top end price than Escape,

And they don’t need to even worry about fleet sales or filling up a factory since they have other products going to Hermosillo.

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

AWD only and it’s a 1.5 not 1.3L

I’m sure there is other stuff too that we don’t know about. 

I would hope that Ford does an R or Rubicon type version of the Bronco Sport. If not the first year, then midyear to compete with Jeep Rubicon versions. That 2.3 Turbo is a sweet motor with lots of grunt. 

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

Premium as in more expensive than a similar Escape.  Why?  Very little direct competition.  Folks who love the styling won’t mind paying a little extra for it.  And they can load it up with off-road accessories and options for a much higher top end price than Escape,

And they don’t need to even worry about fleet sales or filling up a factory since they have other products going to Hermosillo.

I guess it really depends on how you view the bronco sport. ford probably thinks it will bring in this new untapped group of customers. I think it’s just going to get customers back who would have bought an escape but were put off by its styling.

40 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I guess it really depends on how you view the bronco sport. ford probably thinks it will bring in this new untapped group of customers. I think it’s just going to get customers back who would have bought an escape but were put off by its styling.

Yes, some customers will be just that.  But the other abilities/options it'll presumably have will let it access some untapped customers.

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

And what’s wrong with that?  There must not be a lot of them because Escape sales aren’t down very much.  If they can go from 175k Escape sales to 275k sales with Bronco Sport ATPs being a lot higher then that’s a big win.  Much bigger than Bronco Sport by itself.  Without Escape Bronco Sport would have to cover the low end of the price range.

1 hour ago, akirby said:

And what’s wrong with that?  There must not be a lot of them because Escape sales aren’t down very much.  If they can go from 175k Escape sales to 275k sales with Bronco Sport ATPs being a lot higher then that’s a big win.  Much bigger than Bronco Sport by itself.  Without Escape Bronco Sport would have to cover the low end of the price range.

And what I’m arguing is escape, plus 2WD cheaper sport, plus 4wd sport would be more profitable then just escape and 4wd sport.

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Also made in Mexico makes the  Bronco Sport even more profitable than Escape, Ford is on a big cost turnaround with Mexico.

Edited by jpd80

45 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

And what I’m arguing is escape, plus 2WD cheaper sport, plus 4wd sport would be more profitable then just escape and 4wd sport.

Why? All your doing is making the Sport more like the Escape. Lots of what is going on with the Bronco is about tapping into intangables of marketing...Think Apple or Tesla. Your selling a lifestyle vs the run of the mill Escape...

A Escape and a very little discounted Bronco Sport are going to be more profitable then what your talking about. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, akirby said:

SUV buyers in GA opt for AWD a lot, even though it’s rarely needed.

I don’t think the sport will match Escape just because of price.  Ford wants it to be more premium than Escape but still sell well.  It also may sell more Escapes if buyers come in to look at the Sport but get a cheaper Escape,

Some over at Bronco6g think the Sport will be cheaper than Escape because it's a little smaller. I don't agree with that. I think the Sport will be a more premium vehicle and cost more.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, probowler said:

Well at first my thinking was the escape and the Real Bronco would target two very distinct groups of buyers... but then I wondered if simply by being the middle of the road option... not a street queen like the escape or a Mountain Warrior like the Bronco, that would potentially give the Sport the widest appeal range and thus potentially make it the most popular.

Or I'm just an idiot and have no business whatsoever trying to predict consumer behavior and product sales. T-Dubz makes some solid points too!

Since at least 90% of off road vehicles are never taken off road, I think the biggest and most expensive model will do well with the mall crowd. If I decide to buy, it will be for strictly street use. I would be looking for one like the black 4 door that has been frequently shown.

7 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

Some over at Bronco6g think the Sport will be cheaper than Escape because it's a little smaller. I don't agree with that. I think the Sport will be a more premium vehicle and cost more.

if Anything, the exterior size might be slightly smaller with slightly less cargo room, but the passenger area will be identical. 

11 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Why? All your doing is making the Sport more like the Escape. Lots of what is going on with the Bronco is about tapping into intangables of marketing...Think Apple or Tesla. Your selling a lifestyle vs the run of the mill Escape...

A Escape and a very little discounted Bronco Sport are going to be more profitable then what your talking about. 

But it IS just an escape. I wouldn’t be surprised if ford uses the same AWD setup that the escape has too. Again, it all depends on what comes standard. From what we have seen of the interior, it looked cheaper then the escapes (although it did appear that it was using the IP from the explorer, so that could be a plus, unless it’s replacing the full digital ip and then it would be a negative). we know it’s using the same engines, and most of the interior is the same (to be fair, there are reports that it will have better materials, but then again I’ve heard the same for the escape too) I believe someone said even the tires were the same. If you want to charge a premium, then have premium content, not just a premium name.

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

If you want to charge a premium, then have premium content, not just a premium name.

But we also don't know what exactly it has...its just easy to besmirch it as just a fancy Escape because thats the information we have. 

People are far too easy to go the quick and dirty route of saying something looks like a lifted Flex, reskinned Escape and all the other BS just because they have zero cognitive ability to look for actual differences or even acknowledge there is a difference. You see this in everything. People spend way too much time trying to find things that support their their views without actually challenging those views they may have.    

8 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

The Sport will start at $4,000-$5,000 more than a Escape, however as you go up in trim line the Sport/Escape will be less in price difference when you get to similar features. There will be no Base Sport like there is with the Escape, so the idea of a base S 2wd with no options isn't happening on the Sport. Think 4wd SE Escape, for base equipment along with some special features the Escape doesn't have . Ford is also projecting a 50/50 male/female split on the Sport where the Bronco will skew very heavy toward male buyers. 

17 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

But it IS just an escape. I wouldn’t be surprised if ford uses the same AWD setup that the escape has too. Again, it all depends on what comes standard. From what we have seen of the interior, it looked cheaper then the escapes (although it did appear that it was using the IP from the explorer, so that could be a plus, unless it’s replacing the full digital ip and then it would be a negative). we know it’s using the same engines, and most of the interior is the same (to be fair, there are reports that it will have better materials, but then again I’ve heard the same for the escape too) I believe someone said even the tires were the same. If you want to charge a premium, then have premium content, not just a premium name.

From today's Ford Authority.........

Sources familiar with the product told Ford Authority that the 2021 Bronco Sport will feature the same four-wheel independent suspension setup as used on the Escape. That consists of an independent MacPherson strut design with a stability bar, plus twin-tube hydraulic gas-pressurized shocks at the front. The rear, meanwhile, features an independent double lateral link setup with a stabilizer bar, progressive-rate springs and hydraulic gas-pressurized shocks. In other words, this won’t be a hardcore off-roader.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

But we also don't know what exactly it has...its just easy to besmirch it as just a fancy Escape because thats the information we have. 

People are far too easy to go the quick and dirty route of saying something looks like a lifted Flex, reskinned Escape and all the other BS just because they have zero cognitive ability to look for actual differences or even acknowledge there is a difference. You see this in everything. People spend way too much time trying to find things that support their their views without actually challenging those views they may have.    

Dude, we're talking about the general public here, not the small community of auto enthusiasts like ourselves who visit a Ford Forum. Even here, the amount of people who have your eye for detail is small. Yeah we can see those little details and differences you talk about, but we can also see what the normies will see, and here and on other forums people say it looks like a Flex, or it looks like a Jeep from behind.

To most people, little details don't matter because most people don't study vehicles like we do. They see them in motion driving down the road, or at best sitting still in a parking lot. It is what it is. You need to go big if you want people to notice, this is one of the reasons I think Ford fucked up by not including a real Bronco tailgate instead of copying Jeeps stupid swing gate.  It's a classic Bronco feature that could have set it apart from the Wrangler. I would have also tried to incorporate the triangle vent windows, give it another old-school touch.

The Broncos going to do just fine, and maybe in time and with future refreshes it will better grow into its design, and really stand out from the crowd.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Sources familiar with the product told Ford Authority that the 2021 Bronco Sport will feature the same four-wheel independent suspension setup as used on the Escape. That consists of an independent MacPherson strut design with a stability bar, plus twin-tube hydraulic gas-pressurized shocks at the front. The rear, meanwhile, features an independent double lateral link setup with a stabilizer bar, progressive-rate springs and hydraulic gas-pressurized shocks. In other words, this won’t be a hardcore off-roader.

Thank you Bob Rosadini sir. Do you or Ford Authority sources know whether Bronco Sport will offer low range or locking rear differential for the 4x4 system?

34 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

The Sport will start at $4,000-$5,000 more than a Escape, however as you go up in trim line the Sport/Escape will be less in price difference when you get to similar features. There will be no Base Sport like there is with the Escape, so the idea of a base S 2wd with no options isn't happening on the Sport. Think 4wd SE Escape, for base equipment along with some special features the Escape doesn't have . Ford is also projecting a 50/50 male/female split on the Sport where the Bronco will skew very heavy toward male buyers. 

The escape se awd has a base msrp of $28,870. So you are thinking that the lowest level sport is going to start at $33-34k? That’s ridiculous. That’s basically the starting price for the real bronco.

15 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Thank you Bob Rosadini sir. Do you or Ford Authority sources know whether Bronco Sport will offer low range or locking rear differential for the 4x4 system?

I think that's a negative boss. Compare these interior shots from the Bronco to that of the Bronco sport. The Bronco has 2 major control panels that the Bronco Sport appears to lack:

Bronco:

2021-Ford-Bronco-Interior-spy-photo-03.j

2021-Ford-Bronco-Interior-spy-photo-02.j

Bronco Sport:

Bronco_Sport_Interior_0011.jpg

Bronco_Sport_Interior_0041.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-5-door-prototype-shows-

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

I expect it to have a locking rear diff and some software based 4WD modes beyond what Escape offers.   Even if it has the same type of suspension as Escape I would expect it to be a little beefier to handle larger tires.

This is all about marketing and buyer perception and making a vehicle that people desire and not something that looks like all the rest that has to be heavily discounted to sell.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bob Rosadini said:

Uh, duh! Anyone who thought it would be a serious off-roader was dreaming from the start. It might be more capable than an escape but it won't be a Bronco or a Truck. 

42 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

The escape se awd has a base msrp of $28,870. So you are thinking that the lowest level sport is going to start at $33-34k? That’s ridiculous. That’s basically the starting price for the real bronco.

No what I'm saying is that the Sport will be slightly higher than that price point, there will not be a 24K model like the Escape has. 

Edited by jasonj80

10 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

Since at least 90% of off road vehicles are never taken off road, I think the biggest and most expensive model will do well with the mall crowd. If I decide to buy, it will be for strictly street use. I would be looking for one like the black 4 door that has been frequently shown.

I agree with this as well.  I know I want a Bronco, despite there not being many places to offroad near me.

1 hour ago, Bob Rosadini said:

0 people have ever said/expected Sport to be a hardcore off-roader.  Just that it'd be more capable than Escape, and marketed toward the buyer that might like the Bronco look but at a lower price and size.

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Dude, we're talking about the general public here, not the small community of auto enthusiasts like ourselves who visit a Ford Forum. Even here, the amount of people who have your eye for detail is small. Yeah we can see those little details and differences you talk about, but we can also see what the normies will see, and here and on other forums people say it looks like a Flex, or it looks like a Jeep from behind.

To most people, little details don't matter because most people don't study vehicles like we do. They see them in motion driving down the road, or at best sitting still in a parking lot. It is what it is. You need to go big if you want people to notice, this is one of the reasons I think Ford fucked up by not including a real Bronco tailgate instead of copying Jeeps stupid swing gate.  It's a classic Bronco feature that could have set it apart from the Wrangler. I would have also tried to incorporate the triangle vent windows, give it another old-school touch.

The Broncos going to do just fine, and maybe in time and with future refreshes it will better grow into its design, and really stand out from the crowd.

I really don't understand the obsession with having a tailgate on the Bronco.

Or why having a swinggate is such a big deal.

• Like 1