Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

7 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Not to mention they most likely don't have a licencing deal with Eddie Bauer...plus whats the point of paying a company to use their name on your product?!

I was just using Eddie Bauer as an example of a special edition bronco from the past. I wasn’t suggesting to actually make another Eddie Bauer bronco.

6 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

King Ranch would like a word 

Without knowing what it is, it really doesn't have any impact on it. I didn't connect the dots till I went to Kingville, TX for work a few months ago ;)

I'm curious as how much those trim deals cost automakers and I guess its apparently worth it?

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2020 at 8:20 AM, probowler said:

That's just awful.... They should have stuck with Custom, XL, XLT, Eddie Bauer/Platinum/Whatever and First Edition which is fine for a one-off.

oh I don't know...a Badlands version painted in Area 51 sounds other worldly...

• Like 1

Do you guys think there's a chance sony surprises us with an early surprise reveal, perhaps late june? Or are they pretty set on July?

Just thinking if the protests chill out and the final embers of covid extinguish maybe ford will reward our patience!

5 hours ago, probowler said:

Do you guys think there's a chance sony surprises us with an early surprise reveal, perhaps late june? Or are they pretty set on July?

Just thinking if the protests chill out and the final embers of covid extinguish maybe ford will reward our patience!

You waiting on the PS5 or the bronco????

16 hours ago, T-dubz said:

All of that really depends on who actually ends up buying the bronco sport. In my opinion, people looking for nostalgia will buy a real bronco. People who are looking for an alternative to an escape will buy the sport. People who want to buy custom wheels and tires for off-roading will buy a bronco. How many renegades or compass or cherokees do you see with custom wheels? I think the renegade and compass actually offers steel wheels but only on its base model, and that’s probably because they are $22k tiny vehicles that they are trying to save money on. From what I can find, the cherokee does not offer steel wheels.

I mean, if the take rate on them is ultra low, or people complain about them, I'm sure Ford will quickly pull them.  Until then, they're trying something different.

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Not to mention they most likely don't have a licencing deal with Eddie Bauer...plus whats the point of paying a company to use their name on your product?!

They don't.  At my former job, we worked with Eddie Bauer on a project designing a line of outdoor furniture for them/using their brand, and at one point in conversations with one of the top Eddie Bauer people, Ford came up briefly and about how they decided to part ways in the late 2000s.

8 hours ago, probowler said:

Sony?

6 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I mean, if the take rate on them is ultra low, or people complain about them, I'm sure Ford will quickly pull them.  Until then, they're trying something different.

Other thought is these Steel wheels could be like the ones found on the Fusion at one point in time with cover over them? 

IMO the steelies don't look bad on it...lets see what the finished product actually is before flying off the handle...then again what is the fun in that?!!

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Other thought is these Steel wheels could be like the ones found on the Fusion at one point in time with cover over them? 

IMO the steelies don't look bad on it...lets see what the finished product actually is before flying off the handle...then again what is the fun in that?!!

Yeah, this is what forums are for, to BS about cars, although we’ve been talking about Broncos for so long, I don’t remember what else we will talk about after it’s revealed ?.

maybe they will look good. To me it looks like it has four spares on. I can’t see them offering plastic covers either. That doesnt really sound like something that belongs on a bronco product.

3 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I dig em to tell the truth, simple, easy to clean and somewhat retro...AND cheap to replace should they get damaged...in that respect, they may atone better to grueling off roading than the expensive alternatives...

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I dig em to tell the truth, simple, easy to clean and somewhat retro...AND cheap to replace should they get damaged...in that respect, they may atone better to grueling off roading than the expensive alternatives...

but would you want to pay a premium for them? 

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I would say they would be somewhat cheaper than a full fledged 5 spoke aluminum with painted pockets...I doubt there will be an upcharge...so, being unable to positively confirm...thats speculating...personally, given the amount of Customers that go Liberace on their aftermarket wheels...maybe this is a wheel "delete" option...wont know until the ordering guides released...

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

simple answer...unless its part of a serious off road package...no I wouldn't pay extra...now if its in conjunction with say more aggressive tires..more off road tuned suspension, winch, upgraded skid plates etc etc ( I didn't mention SRA  for fear of going overboard ) ...then yes... 

Just now, akirby said:

How did you go from a spy shot to paying a premium for them?

The story mentioned they would come on the badlands trim. Since badlands will be a higher trim then the base trim, you are paying a premium.

2 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

The story mentioned they would come on the badlands trim. Since badlands will be a higher trim then the base trim, you are paying a premium.

You may be paying a premium for the package but not necessarily for the wheels.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Eh, I doubt they'd do something like that, especially on a "premium" product.  I think if they're offered at all, they'll be as you see there.

Your idea of them being a "delete" option is interersting.

i haven’t really paid much attention to the defender, but I watched this video yesterday and came away impressed (besides the weird square thing on its side). I really liked the interior. The exposed screws in the door panels and center console are a cool touch. Doug says most of the interior feels like it’s made out of rubber instead of plastics, and there’s no carpet anywhere. There’s also a grab handle going across the dash. I hope the bronco has a similar interior.

P1090652.jpg.jpg