Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

i haven’t really paid much attention to the defender, but I watched this video yesterday and came away impressed (besides the weird square thing on its side). I really liked the interior. The exposed screws in the door panels and center console are a cool touch. Doug says most of the interior feels like it’s made out of rubber instead of plastics, and there’s no carpet anywhere. There’s also a grab handle going across the dash. I hope the bronco has a similar interior.

P1090652.jpg.jpg

Personally, I am just as excited about the Defender as I am the Bronco.  We are considering both to be our dedicated 4x4 to pull our Conqueror UEV490.  Off road prowess is a major part of the decision but we also want on road ride quality and refinement.  Reliability may be the deciding factor, since we won’t be buying for a couple years we’ll be watching both closely. 

49 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Anyone have any idea what IMG means?

Isn't it that International Markets Group? This seems to be a newly created group, headed by Lyle Watters (formerly in charge of South America only).

There were rumours of getting the PHEV Escape in Brazil. Maybe there's no indication of that because the Kuga has already been lauched in Argentina.

9 minutes ago, passis said:

Isn't it that International Markets Group? This seems to be a newly created group, headed by Lyle Watters (formerly in charge of South America only).

There were rumours of getting the PHEV Escape in Brazil. Maybe there's no indication of that because the Kuga has already been lauched in Argentina.

Yep- from BroncoG6

IMG = International Markets Group

About Ford International Markets Group

Ford Motor Company’s International Markets Group (IMG) is Ford’s newest and most diverse business unit, spanning 100 emerged and emerging markets. IMG is focused on four key strategic priorities, including driving the continued success of its flagship vehicle, the Ford Ranger pickup truck; implementing and driving a world-class export model as a core part of the business; delivering affordable vehicles through partnerships as a key to future growth; and providing unmatched aftersales support to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty.

14 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

The new Defender looks like, well, a Defender. Personally, I love it. 

However, this approach would make a really bad Bronco. 

There are a few things I don't like about it, but overall, it seems to look good.

13 hours ago, Deanh said:

too much going on in the interior..and as far as Im concerned...the exterior borders on bland...but, that could just be the color...Silvers not flattering...

I don't mind the interior.

Actually one of the things I like about the exterior is how clean it is - they did a lot of work on smoothing out body lines, panel seems, etc. it seems - however, I do agree it's borderline bland.

8 hours ago, T-dubz said:

21-ford-bronco-removable-top-center-latc2021-ford-broco-removable-top-front-latc

is this what jeeps fiberglass roof looks like inside?

Hmm.  I was hoping the roof might have some sound deadening material built into it.  I can still hold out some hope, as this looks unfinished.

9 hours ago, akirby said:

Creeper gear?

latest?cb=20110411121220

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQesSDZOc62nleaaApiXAI

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

Also, apparently TFL was uninvited from both the Bronco and F-150 launches because of these pics/this leak.

How do you get uninvited form an online....

stan.jpg.5e6a7f1593140054ceb1306ff3783244.jpg

Edited by probowler
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, probowler said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQesSDZOc62nleaaApiXAI

How do you get uninvited form an online....

stan.jpg.5e6a7f1593140054ceb1306ff3783244.jpg

Hmm, good point.

This means at minimum there's some sort of live Q&A ish/interactive portion for them to have been uninvited from..........perhaps each magazine gets a time slot where they have a Ford employee on site/at the vehicle live streaming and/or recording and the magazine can say "hey can you point the camera at this", "now can you move over here and open this door please", etc while they talk about it?  In lieu of being able to have their reporter walk around the vehicle like a traditional launch?

That obviously wouldn't be the same as being there and seeing it, but pretty close.

Unless there's an in person thing after all.

Edited by rmc523