Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

In the recent Jim Farley interview, he mentioned that F Series had good sales in May, did he mention year over year increase?

According to Bill Ford, sales increased 5.3% from last year and F-series picked up 2.4 points of market share.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/business/columnists/carol-cain/2020/06/13/bill-ford-motor-company-coronavirus-covid-19/3177229001/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-ordering-reportedly-begins-in-december-for-april-deliveries.1447/

0F7765E5-D6F8-4C43-A94C-8A37DAA2A80D.jpeg

Apparently from dealer email, posted from Facebook. The time line makes sense outside of being able to order the smaller one before seeing it?!

I think the Sport is also going to be revealed on the 9th. 

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I think the Sport is also going to be revealed on the 9th. 

Yea which makes it kinda weird that they're going to take orders for the Sport before even officially showing it and giving specs / pricing.

19 hours ago, Lavien said:

Yea which makes it kinda weird that they're going to take orders for the Sport before even officially showing it and giving specs / pricing.

That is very weird. I guess they think they have the 1964 Mustang coming and people will line up around the block waiting to get their hands on one no matter what trim line or color it is.

17 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

That is very weird. I guess they think they have the 1964 Mustang coming and people will line up around the block waiting to get their hands on one no matter what trim line or color it is.

The order bank is mostly for dealer stock orders, not customer special orders,

22 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-ordering-reportedly-begins-in-december-for-april-deliveries.1447/

0F7765E5-D6F8-4C43-A94C-8A37DAA2A80D.jpeg

Apparently from dealer email, posted from Facebook. The time line makes sense outside of being able to order the smaller one before seeing it?!

color me skeptical...I would add, due to prior instances...3 months to this at least...

On 6/14/2020 at 7:30 PM, silvrsvt said:

The 2021 Ford Bronco Debuts On July 9th… O.J. Simpson’s Birthday

https://www.carscoops.com/2020/06/the-2021-ford-bronco-debuts-on-july-9th-o-j-simpsons-birthday/

Nicole Brown Simpson's sister Tanya commented to Detroit Free Press about this. https://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2020/06/18/ford-bronco-release-date-oj-simpson/3204513001/

Tanya Brown didn't know whether to laugh or cry when she learned that Ford Motor Co. planned to reveal the all-new Ford Bronco on July 9.

"Is that on purpose?" she asked. "My first reaction was, 'are you kidding me? This is funny?' "

The Brown family is surprised the world premiere of the popular SUV falls on the birthday of former football star Orenthal James "O.J." Simpson, who led police on a slow-speed chase in a Ford Bronco through Los Angeles after the stabbing deaths of his ex-wife Nicole Brown Simpson and her friend Ron Goldman in 1994.

"I just don't know if it's a good marketing twist," Tanya Brown, Nicole's sister, told the Free Press.

The timing was "purely coincidental," a Ford spokesman said.

Tanya Brown wondered whether people realize that the case also involved domestic violence. In fact, the domestic abuse of Nicole Brown Simpson created a national outpouring that has endured all these years.

"Thousands, I can't tell you, thousands of letters came to our home," Tanya Brown said.

25 minutes ago, Lavien said:

Oh wtf, they actually moved the 2021 Bronco reveal date because of this OJ Simpson birthday thing! ?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-reveal-officially-comes-july-13-moved-from-july-9.1403/

What a bungling this reveal has been.

I’m confident the reveal will be well done and will generate a huge amount of attention.

• silvrsvt changed the title to Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!
3 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Sure would have been nice if ford pushed it forward instead of back for once.

Yep they could have spun it as we wanted to show it to everyone early, instead of we're delaying because of this negative date connection. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trader 10 said:

I’m confident the reveal will be well done and will generate a huge amount of attention.

Sure will.  There are advertising types who will tell you that any publicity is good publicity.  There are now millions of ordinary people out there, who don't follow cars, who now know that a new Bronco is on the way.  And now that Ford has changed the reveal date, the "controversy" is over.  

3 hours ago, Lavien said:

Oh wtf, they actually moved the 2021 Bronco reveal date because of this OJ Simpson birthday thing! ?

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/2021-bronco-reveal-officially-comes-july-13-moved-from-july-9.1403/

What a bungling this reveal has been.

Bungling is putting it mildly! But it's good if Ford took Tanya Brown's concerns seriously in making this change.

July 13 marks the birthday of these famous people.

• Nathaniel Bedford Forrest
  • Harrison Ford
  • Cheech Marin
  • Cameron Crowe
Edited by rperez817

6 minutes ago, rperez817 said:

Bungling is putting it mildly! But it's good if Ford took Tanya Brown's concerns seriously in making this change.

July 13 marks the birthday of these famous people.

• Nathaniel Bedford Forrest   <<<----thats a really bad one ?
  • Harrison Ford
  • Cheech Marin
  • Cameron Crowe

As I said earlier, Ford puts out the date only and let's social media do the rest

and if the date is too controversial, they claim coincidence and move it.

Hard to believe  that Ford didn't do a quick Google search of July 9,

coincedence my ass.....they wanted people talking about it and also

wanted to be seen as sensitive to the Brown family....win,win, win.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

As I said earlier, Ford puts out the date only and let's social media do the rest

and if the date is too controversial, they claim coincidence and move it.

Hard to believe  that Ford didn't do a quick Google search of July 9,

coincedence my ass.....they wanted people talking about it and also

wanted to be seen as sensitive to the Brown family....win,win, win.

They generated Bronco news twice by doing this. Deliberate in my opinion.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not normally a fan of yellow cars but that doesn't look bad to me 

It does look good. But I think any color would look nice on that body. Blows away the 2-door Wrangler in looks department.

Edited by Lavien