Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, tbone said:

This is what I’m hoping for, which will get me to trade.  The Ram TRX is supposed to be getting another motor as well that is 500+ hp, so Ford will need to respond to that in some way too.  

not all about the engine...no doubt in my mind Dodge couldn't engineer a truck anywhere close to how well buttoned down the Raptor is...they literally NAILED that truck.

19 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Which would be an extremely low volume HALO vehicle that would most likely retail for 2 -3 times that of a Bronco...that's like comparing a Fusion to a GT500..... 

So? It's still cool. Why can't there be a Bronco equivalent to the GT500?

If Bronco is going to be a Brand equal to the Mustang, I think they deserve a Halo model too!

58 minutes ago, probowler said:

If Bronco is going to be a Brand equal to the Mustang, I think they deserve a Halo model too!

Who's to say that one won't appear someday.  But forget ICE power, most likely it will have four electric motors, one for each wheel.  Instant torque and a 0-60 time of two seconds.  

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

not all about the engine...no doubt in my mind Dodge couldn't engineer a truck anywhere close to how well buttoned down the Raptor is...they literally NAILED that truck.

The Raptor is a fantastic truck, but I have been wanting more power out of it.  I was thinking there were going to be some factory upgrades  but they never materialized. 

With that said, you could build a Ram Raptor competitor right now out of the Mopar catalog, unless it has been discontinued.  They have the Ram Runner package that is comparable and quite competent.   A comparison was done with the old Raptor back in day, which the Raptor won, but the Ram was competitive.  I never want to underestimate the competition.  

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/f-150/2012/2012-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-mopar-ram-runner/amp/

4 hours ago, probowler said:

You seriously lack imagination,

Sad!

Has nothing to do with imagination.  Maybe they should put a jet turbine in Bronco, then it'd be SOOOOOO fast.

It's being realistic and realizing what options are legitimately on the table.  Do I think a 5.0 Bronco would be awesome?  Sure, I love my 5.0.  Do I think it's going to Will it happen?  Not at all, so why bother discussing something that's not within the realm of possibility?

Edited by rmc523

53 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Has nothing to do with imagination.  Maybe they should put a jet turbine in Bronco, then it'd be SOOOOOO fast.

It's being realistic and realizing what options are legitimately on the table.  Do I think a 5.0 Bronco would be awesome?  Sure, I love my 5.0.  Do I think it's going to Will it happen?  Not at all, so why bother discussing something that's not within the realm of possibility?

Ok now you're talking! Maybe not an actual Jet, but they have made a flying Bronco!

th?id=OIP.Cd9kqeQtpruHLLYXnLceWQHaE8%26p

To answer your question, it's simple... in the off-chance that Ford or their research monkeys visits this and other boards, I want them to see that some of us DO want a V8 option so that if it is eventually possible via the next model refresh or a bigger full-size bronco, they remember the demand and don't forget about us V8 boys :thumbsup:

5 hours ago, probowler said:

Ok now you're talking! Maybe not an actual Jet, but they have made a flying Bronco!

th?id=OIP.Cd9kqeQtpruHLLYXnLceWQHaE8%26p

To answer your question, it's simple... in the off-chance that Ford or their research monkeys visits this and other boards, I want them to see that some of us DO want a V8 option so that if it is eventually possible via the next model refresh or a bigger full-size bronco, they remember the demand and don't forget about us V8 boys :thumbsup:

You really like to beat that dead horse, don’t you? If you want a V8 in your Bronco, then mod away. I bet if you did, TFL might do a story on you. Otherwise, get a Landcruiser and be done with it. Stop with this nonsense, and it is total nonsense. Ford isn’t Burger King, and isn’t going to make it your way!

Edited by jcartwright99

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

You really like to beat that dead horse, don’t you? If you want a V8 in your Bronco, then mod away. I bet if you did, TFL might do a story on you. Otherwise, get a Landcruiser and be done with it. Stop with this nonsense, and it is total nonsense. Ford isn’t Burger King, and isn’t going to make it your way!

V8s.jpg.50841ab8ba6bdd9b5928860e3382b00d.jpg

14 hours ago, tbone said:

The Raptor is a fantastic truck, but I have been wanting more power out of it.  I was thinking there were going to be some factory upgrades  but they never materialized. 

With that said, you could build a Ram Raptor competitor right now out of the Mopar catalog, unless it has been discontinued.  They have the Ram Runner package that is comparable and quite competent.   A comparison was done with the old Raptor back in day, which the Raptor won, but the Ram was competitive.  I never want to underestimate the competition.  

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/ford/f-150/2012/2012-ford-f-150-svt-raptor-mopar-ram-runner/amp/

catalog trucks aren't exactly production are they...and Id say a majority of Raptor owners are quite happy with a 450 horsepower engine that can hit 60 in around six seconds....and that's with a HUGE disadvantage with wheels and tires...maybe you guys can continue harping....but your forgetting one thing....more powere usually equates to higher costs...and even now the Raptor borders on being a Rich boys toy....and that's at MSRP...

• Like 2

16 hours ago, probowler said:

cool doesn't pay Fords bill...just strokes the weathys egos...the Bronco R will be quite sufficient if I were to guess...an d if it doesn't have a V8....they are more interested in RTOI than a small percentage of peoples wet dreams...

15 hours ago, snooter said:

I can only only describe the drivetrain as weaker than what was installed in the amc pacer

The most powerful Pacer built was the 78-79 model with an available heavily “smogged” 304 V8. It made a whopping 125 HP. Most Pacers were sold with straight 6s that made from 90-120 HP depending on the year and size. Transmissions offered were a 3 and 4 speed manual or a 3 speed automatic.

Are you telling us that the Bronco will have between 90-125 HP and offer 3 and 4 speed transmissions? You were already wrong about there being no 2 door model so think you’ll be wrong about this too.

You claim to hate this vehicle more then just about anything else ever built, but you keep commenting about it and following this thread. What is wrong with you?

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

The most powerful Pacer built was the 78-79 model with an available heavily “smogged” 304 V8. It made a whopping 125 HP. Most Pacers were sold with straight 6s that made from 90-120 HP depending on the year and size. Transmissions offered were a 3 and 4 speed manual or a 3 speed automatic.

Are you telling us that the Bronco will have between 90-125 HP and offer 3 and 4 speed transmissions? You were already wrong about there being no 2 door model so think you’ll be wrong about this too.

You claim to hate this vehicle more then just about anything else ever built, but you keep commenting about it and following this thread. What is wrong with you?

Don't feed the troll 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

catalog trucks aren't exactly production are they...and Id say a majority of Raptor owners are quite happy with a 450 horsepower engine that can hit 60 in around six seconds....and that's with a HUGE disadvantage with wheels and tires...maybe you guys can continue harping....but your forgetting one thing....more powere usually equates to higher costs...and even now the Raptor borders on being a Rich boys toy....and that's at MSRP...

I understand a catalog truck is not a production truck, I was only mentioning it to point out that Ram has a competent off road package which could subsequently be converted into a production truck. 

Please don’t misunderstand, I like my Raptor a lot, other than the lack of V8 sound, and I certainly don’t think it is underpowered, but at the same time I would also like a little more power.  By all accounts the competition is coming after the Raptor with substantial engine packages that will require a response from Ford, which I will likely benefit from.  

And don’t confuse me with those that are complaining about the 4 cylinder in the Bronco/Ranger, I’m not in that camp. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, tbone said:

I understand a catalog truck is not a production truck, I was only mentioning it to point out that Ram has a competent off road package which could subsequently be converted into a production truck. 

Please don’t misunderstand, I like my Raptor a lot, other than the lack of V8 sound, and I certainly don’t think it is underpowered, but at the same time I would also like a little more power.  By all accounts the competition is coming after the Raptor with substantial engine packages that will require a response from Ford, which I will likely benefit from.  

And don’t confuse me with those that are complaining about the 4 cylinder in the Bronco/Ranger, I’m not in that camp. 

problem is at what cost...I heard the GT500 engine in the Raptor...that's insane...and I stand by my catalog truck statement...you pour the same money into a Raptor with catalog parts...game over for the Ram....we had a Raptor here in service a while ago...guy had spent $250k...…………..INSANE

Edited by Deanh

6 hours ago, 2005Explorer said:

He's an attention whore who thinks he's witty.

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

problem is at what cost...I heard the GT engine in the Raptor...that's insane...and I stand by my catalog truck statement...you pour the same money into a Raptor with catalog parts...game over for the Ram....we had a Raptor here in service a while ago...guy had spent $250k...…………..INSANE

Yes that is quite insane.  I wouldn’t want to spend much more than I already have so hard to say where those things will be priced at, but it does appear they are coming so we will see. 

29 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Even though it has camo-you can see some more details-of interest is the thing in the middle of the front of the hood and how the rearview mirrors are done...with an antenna sticking out one of them

20200625_125529-jpg.8144

I really want to like it - I just can’t get past that front bumper.

• Haha 1