Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, Broncofan7 said:

That's a really good question. The best answer I got is that there will likely be V-6 in the Bronco, based on the Bronco R race vehicle having one. I don't recall them saying which one that was or if that would even be the only one.

My overall impression (without much evidence) is that there would be a 2.7l in some versions with a more powerful 3.0l on really high trims.

Or you could just do one V6 with two tunes....

No more for now.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

Or you could just do one V6 with two tunes....

No more for now.

Definitely would not mind that all.

All in all, I feel that the Bronco still has a few big surprises left. Some of which we might not officially know even after July 13.

From all the leaks and rumors so far, it appears they hit many different people's wants in the Bronco so far. I'm very pleased with so many of the features.

What benefit would the 2.7 provide? The 2.3 already has 310hp. The video said that the 2.7 has 325hp. The gap between the two engines doesn’t seem that much. Would they increase the hp of the 2.7 or possibly lower the hp of the 2.3?

28 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

What benefit would the 2.7 provide? The 2.3 already has 310hp. The video said that the 2.7 has 325hp. The gap between the two engines doesn’t seem that much. Would they increase the hp of the 2.7 or possibly lower the hp of the 2.3?

400 lb/ft of torque vs 310 and the ability to tune even higher.  They could also do the 3.0L.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Broncofan7 said:

From all the leaks and rumors so far, it appears they hit many different people's wants in the Bronco so far. I'm very pleased with so many of the features.

I'm not pleased at all... we just got the Aviator GT so a Bronco isn't in the cards for awhile.?  Sure glad the new Mach 1 isn't more retro, at least I can scratch it off the must have list!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

I'm not pleased at all... we just got the Aviator GT so a Bronco isn't in the cards for awhile.?  Sure glad the new Mach 1 isn't more retro, at least I can scratch it off the must have list!

I saw a GORGEOUS '69 red Mach 1 last weekend. God I want one of those so bad. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CoolScoop said:

That is certainly a great crossover! Congrats on the purchase! That was the only manufacturer car I ever got to see testing on the road before production (I'm in NJ, not too much testing here afaik) along with a tagalong Navigator. Great body lines for sure.

58 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Word on the street is you would be correct. 

No doubt about it. I have high expectations for the Bronco, Ranger, and even F-150 Raptor to have many cutting-edge features over the next few years. I fully expect at least some of the features on the Bronco to eventually make it to the Ranger in a few model years. For example, I am sure that at least one upgrade engine on the Bronco makes it to the Ranger and maybe even the manual for economies of scale (if the Ranger has enough demand of course). The small potential exists for a Supercharged F-150 Raptor according to some rumors.

Edited by Broncofan7

3 hours ago, T-dubz said:

The 2.3 only has 310 hp in the Mustang.  The Ranger only has 270, right?  So, the 2.7 would provide significantly more hp.  Akirby has already mentioned the torque difference.  

11 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I know you’re one of those V8 or nothing guys, but if you don't like what’s in store then I can't help you. 

Possible solution: buy 2.7L Bronco of your choice;  purchase 7.3L Godzilla crate engine along with cutting torch, welder and heavy duty front springs;  swap engines;  sell 2.7L "crate" engine on EBay as new car take-off;  enjoy monster V8 Bronco!

Edited by CoolScoop

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm hoping for either a hybrid 2.3L or 2.7 V6

I'll "settle" for a regular 2.7L if I need too ?

If the Bronco does not offer the GT's 660-hp 3.5EB, it's an absolute failure and should be cancelled and I won't be buying.

Lol.  I'd love a 2.7 (or 3.0 ;) ) hybrid.  Mileage plus power.

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

If the Bronco does not offer the GT's 660-hp 3.5EB, it's an absolute failure and should be cancelled and I won't be buying.

If your on any of the Facebook groups...people are having shit fits about it not having a V8

29 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

If your on any of the Facebook groups...people are having shit fits about it not having a V8

I'm telling you guys, people want V8s. First gen raptors are HOT for that very reason. I just read an article a week back saying how it's quickly becoming a collectors vehicle.

18 hours ago, CurtisH said:

The 2.3 only has 310 hp in the Mustang.  The Ranger only has 270, right?  So, the 2.7 would provide significantly more hp.  Akirby has already mentioned the torque difference.  

The Ranger has a 45 HP tune directly from Ford that keeps the warranty though.

I don't know how credible this site is but I like it

No Ford Bronco Raptor, But 2022 "Warthog" Will Have 400 HP From 3.0-Liter Turbo

Honestly I wasn't too fond of "Bronco Raptor" But Bronco Warthog" has a nice ring to it, especially if it is going to more rock crawler than dessert runner. I still think it would be cool for a Go-Fast Bronco to come out, but perhaps such a model will be called the " BRONCO R" or something like that. I have to think Ford used the R branding on the test truck for a reason, perhaps they intend on using it in the future?