Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

13 minutes ago, probowler said:

I don't know how credible this site is but I like it

No Ford Bronco Raptor, But 2022 "Warthog" Will Have 400 HP From 3.0-Liter Turbo

Honestly I wasn't too fond of "Bronco Raptor" But Bronco Warthog" has a nice ring to it, especially if it is going to more rock crawler than dessert runner. I still think it would be cool for a Go-Fast Bronco to come out, but perhaps such a model will be called the " BRONCO R" or something like that. I have to think Ford used the R branding on the test truck for a reason, perhaps they intend on using it in the future?

99.999% sure there is a Bronco R from what I was told yesterday (claims to have seen it).  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

There were never serious plans for a Bronco to wear the Raptor badge. 

I am confident that you're going to love the alternatives.

Can't wait to see the reveal and further announcements regarding the lineup, including the higher performance model. Also, can you comment on the floating Bronco video that was posted above? Is that legit or some clever edits?

3 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

There were never serious plans for a Bronco to wear to Raptor badge. 

I think it's good to have a separation between Raptor and Bronco for strategic purposes. If Ford really wants to grow the Bronco, it is probably better to let Bronco be defined differently than Raptor. Like I could see an Expedition Raptor be made well before a Bronco Raptor, which I am okay with.

I don't even know if the "top" Bronco will come out the first model year or not.

8 minutes ago, pffan1990 said:

Can't wait to see the reveal and further announcements regarding the lineup, including the higher performance model. Also, can you comment on the floating Bronco video that was posted above? Is that legit or some clever edits?

As far as I know I believe it's legit... I sent a text to a friend for confirmation. 

1 minute ago, Broncofan7 said:

I don't even know if the "top" Bronco will come out the first model year or not.

There will be a nice cadence of additions over the next 2 years or so. 

There will be a top dog this coming model year, though it may be "late availability" and I'm not sure how much they'll spill about it next week. 

• Like 3

Just now, PREMiERdrum said:

As far as I know I believe it's legit... I sent a text to a friend for confirmation. 

There will be a top dog this coming model year, though it may be "late availability" and I'm not sure how much they'll spill about it next week. 

That sounds like a good decision to keep interest going for the medium term. If the recent leaks (especially TFL's) are any indication, these more capable models should be something to look forward to.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, probowler said:

wtf.gif.92e055ff1ccc9597d2b7c4f51a1c8f48.gif

It can... SWIM??????

That's impressive, but....  Ship in the background isn't moving with the waves, it's beached.  The Bronco is fording, it's going up and down a bit but not in cadence with the waves.  It's rolling on the sand under the water.  Great gag!  Must have a good snorkel kit.

45 minutes ago, 7Mary3 said:

That's impressive, but....  Ship in the background isn't moving with the waves, it's beached.  The Bronco is fording, it's going up and down a bit but not in cadence with the waves.  It's rolling on the sand under the water.  Great gag!  Must have a good snorkel kit.

I still want the Dory Edition lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Sometimes when engineering modules are shared, the business case can be made another way...

5 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

There were never serious plans for a Bronco to wear the Raptor badge. 

I hope they stick with the Warthog badge.  I love that name.  I don’t know if it’s a shout-out to the A-10 or not, but it is one of the toughest, baddest planes in the US arsenal, so it would make sense. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, MKX1960 said:

The Ranger has a 45 HP tune directly from Ford that keeps the warranty though.

If it’s like the Ford Performance tune for the Mustang, the warranty is not the same.  For the Mustang, you get a 3yr/36k mile warranty from Ford Performance.  If you have a tune related failure after 36k miles, repair costs come out of your pocket. So, you potentially lose the last part of the 5yr/60k mile warranty on the engine.

15 hours ago, probowler said:

I'm telling you guys, people want V8s. First gen raptors are HOT for that very reason. I just read an article a week back saying how it's quickly becoming a collectors vehicle.

I think the ‘V8 or nothing/no replacement for displacement’ crowd is segregated by age, mostly. They came up when forced induction was both gimmick and a way to get around the new emission requirements   and they came with issues and early engine failures.  Sure, I miss my V8 exhaust note but that’s literally the only thing my 3.5EB is lacking.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, tbone said:

I hope they stick with the Warthog badge.  I love that name.  I don’t know if it’s a shout-out to the A-10 or not, but it is one of the toughest, baddest planes in the US arsenal, so it would make sense. 

Considering the proximity of the Selfridge ANG base to Dearborn, that's a hell of an Easter Egg.  Much cooler than just showing the 419 area code,,,

HRG

B9316311916Z.1_20150222152833_000_GT5A18L39.1-0.jpg

Edited by HotRunrGuy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, tbone said:

I thought it was named after the Warthog vehicle from the Halo games on Xbox.

164821.jpg