Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

EXCLUSIVE: Ford Bronco Pickup Coming to Battle Jeep Gladiator!

Ford is planning to launch a pickup truck based on the 2021 Bronco SUV to compete with the just-minted Jeep Gladiator. The Ford Bronco pickup truck is scheduled for production in July 2024, according to AutoForecast Solutions, which indicates design and engineering began no more than a few months before the Jeep pickup launched. That launch date would be well within the lifecycle of the upcoming 2021 Bronco, a Ranger-based Jeep Wrangler competitor. Another source notes that with both a Ranger Raptor (based on the next-generation of that midsize pickup) and the Focus-based unibody 2021 Ford Courier on the way, he doesn't expect the Bronco pickup earlier than calendar 2022.

Full story

48 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Bronco pickup is not confirmed, and is *not* a pickup variant of the Bronco that launches next Monday. 

It isn't - and God willing won't be - a Gladiator competitor. 

So... What other kind of bronco is there that isn't launching Monday?

Perhaps the full-size kind? ?

• Like 1

I'm praying for a Bronco Sport Trac (Pickup). I own a Gen II Sport Trac and love it. The short bed is perfect as I don't haul or need it to do any major work. Just weekend warrior stuff. The short bed will also allow for better break over and departure angles than the Gladiator. Bring it on Ford!!!! DO it!

• Like 1

I knew it was going to be there but now that they posted that I feel comfortable talking about it.

It's interesting to me that they put the blue oval on the back of it. I know the old one had it but I figured since they’re turning Bronco into a brand like Mustang, they would take a page out of the Mustang book and not put the blue oval on it, just the Bronco horse logo. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I knew it was going to be there but now that they posted that I feel comfortable talking about it.

It's interesting to me that they put the blue oval on the back of it. I know the old one had it but I figured since they’re turning Bronco into a brand like Mustang, they would take a page out of the Mustang book and not put the blue oval on it, just the Bronco horse logo. 

IMO, glad they did!

• Like 1

The AC controls look kinda weird. It’s almost like they designed the interior and forgot to include them, so they just made a box with the controls and stuck it under the dash. The rest of it looks good though. It’d be cool if the dash was offered in body color.

whats the button behind the cup holders? Is that for the mirrors?2021-ford-bronco-spy-photo.jpg

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

The AC controls look kinda weird. It’s almost like they designed the interior and forgot to include them, so they just made a box with the controls and stuck it under the dash. The rest of it looks good though. It’d be cool if the dash was offered in body color.

whats the button behind the cup holders? Is that for the mirrors?2021-ford-bronco-spy-photo.jpg

Totally disagree. That's the way it used to be done in the 60's and 70's before designers started incorporating them into designs better. They hit the retro look dead on from that standpoint.

I think you're right about the mirror controls. Where else are you going to put them if the doors are allegedly removable? 

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Totally disagree. That's the way it used to be done in the 60's and 70's before designers started incorporating them into designs better. They hit the retro look dead on from that standpoint.

I think you're right about the mirror controls. Where else are you going to put them if the doors are allegedly removable? 

I get what you are saying but out of all the nostalgic things to put on the vehicle, that would be the last thing I’d choose. 

Also back in the 60s and 70s AC was optional so they didn’t have to incorporate it into the design. You could buy an after market ac that attached to the dash and install it yourself if you wanted. Now you can’t find a new car without AC so it should be designed like it belongs there.

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Unless they're going to sell them in special bronco - only dealers and showrooms, i dont think completely divorcing the brands is necessary. 

Plus if they're offering the Ford branded grills then it seems double now that they don't mind maintaining the Ford connection. 

I'm glad to see it there in its rightful spot. 

8 minutes ago, probowler said:

Unless they're going to sell them in special bronco - only dealers and showrooms, i dont think completely divorcing the brands is necessary. 

Plus if they're offering the Ford branded grills then it seems double now that they don't mind maintaining the Ford connection. 

I'm glad to see it there in its rightful spot. 

yeah I like the smaller emblem on the lower corner. I wish ford would bring that back on all its truck tailgates too.