Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

12 minutes ago, probowler said:

Unless they're going to sell them in special bronco - only dealers and showrooms, i dont think completely divorcing the brands is necessary. 

Plus if they're offering the Ford branded grills then it seems double now that they don't mind maintaining the Ford connection. 

I'm glad to see it there in its rightful spot. 

Oh I agree with you, but seeing how the Glass House has made decisions lately I'm just surprised that's all. 

8 minutes ago, probowler said:

Unless they're going to sell them in special bronco - only dealers and showrooms, i dont think completely divorcing the brands is necessary. 

Plus if they're offering the Ford branded grills then it seems double now that they don't mind maintaining the Ford connection. 

I'm glad to see it there in its rightful spot. 

yeah I like the smaller emblem on the lower corner. I wish ford would bring that back on all its truck tailgates too.

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I knew it was going to be there but now that they posted that I feel comfortable talking about it.

It's interesting to me that they put the blue oval on the back of it. I know the old one had it but I figured since they’re turning Bronco into a brand like Mustang, they would take a page out of the Mustang book and not put the blue oval on it, just the Bronco horse logo. 

In the first few years, I think non-informed people will just look at it and assume it is a different-ish Jeep.  I think they need to put the Blue Oval on it to say "this is not a Jeep, its something else"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

yeah I like the smaller emblem on the lower corner. I wish ford would bring that back on all its truck tailgates too.

If not all, Maybe on the not this bronco, not a Gladiator-fighter truck ?

I just had a thought but if such a truck is being considered, Ford will wait a few years to announce it. It would be a perfect way to drum up continued bronco excitement after the initial launch hype starts to fade. 

Edited by probowler

Just now, probowler said:

If not all, Maybe on the not this bronco, not a Gladiator-fighter truck ?

I just had a thought but if such a truck is being considered, Ford will wait a few years to announce it. It would be a perfect way to drum up continued bronco excitement after the initial launch hype starts to fade. 

One of the most interesting things about such a truck to me is what it will be targeting, if anything.

Welp, I guess I'll post it and make it official. I'm planning on putting a deposit down next Monday for a 4 door. 

Have to make sure the numbers work out in the next few months (I haven't had a car payment since the Fusion was paid off in 2015), but I'm going to go ahead and get the wheels turning. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Welp, I guess I'll post it and make it official. I'm planning on putting a deposit down next Monday for a 4 door. 

Have to make sure the numbers work out in the next few months (I haven't had a car payment since the Fusion was paid off in 2015), but I'm going to go ahead and get the wheels turning. 

Ill be right behind you...but need to see ordering guide first...2 door manual trans....I know it will most likely be the 2.3 but if its the 2.7 HALLELUYAH! 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

IMO they could have gone with Brushed Aluminum or even replicate the exterior color for a real retro look....

Who's to say it's not a silver model? ;)

I agree - a brushed aluminum look would've been nice - I'm not big on the body color dash, though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Well you got a year before it comes out:)  well not quite, but at least 9 months to save a few more bucks!

10 minutes ago, Deanh said:

Ill be right behind you...but need to see ordering guide first...2 door manual trans....I know it will most likely be the 2.3 but if its the 2.7 HALLELUYAH! 

Tempting, no doubt about it.  But I need to see what the prices are and. most importantly, how much room in the front seat.  I'm 6'4" tall.  I need room.

Just now, kyle said:

Well you got a year before it comes out:)  well not quite, but at least 9 months to save a few more bucks!

That's the plan! I'm buying out the business I've existed under for 6 years this fall, so unless things really nosedive even further I expect to be in good shape. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I find it hard to believe that they would only put in an awesome trans with crawler gear in the 4. That doesn't make sense to me. I just get the feeling they spent a lot to make the manual happen so they might as well spread it around. If it were just economy and being cheap to produce (ala manual in the Fusion S) then it would be different but it's got a freaking crawler gear. I am hopeful that it will be in the 6.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I think you'll really like it in the context of the vehicle (and with final finishes). 

It's very retro and a bit chunkier than what translates here. 

If there's anyone's judgment I trust, it's yours buddy!  Looking forward to seeing some real "finished" pics of the interior.

Edited by Anthony
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mackinaw said:

Tempting, no doubt about it.  But I need to see what the prices are and. most importantly, how much room in the front seat.  I'm 6'4" tall.  I need room.

get your legs surgically shortened if necessary....lol...Im hyped...

2 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Who's to say it's not a silver model? ;)

I agree - a brushed aluminum look would've been nice - I'm not big on the body color dash, though.

I dunno….body colored dash insert, if done correctly is perfectly retro, and breaks up the sea of Blacks and greys...

Edited by Deanh

26 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I dunno….body colored dash insert, if done correctly is perfectly retro, and breaks up the see of Blacks and greys...

Yeah if the color goes well the the rest of the interior, it would look pretty good. I like the aluminum or brushed aluminum look too, but man I can already imagine all the reflections coming off that when the top is off. Especially with the shape of that dash, it’d probably blind you ???

3 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I'm having trouble understanding what advantages there are to putting down a $100 deposit for a vehicle that isn't in production yet. It won't be a limited production vehicle like the GT, where buyers are hand selected by Ford. It seems to me that trying to get to the front of the line will just encourage dealers to charge full MSRP plus ADM for the 'privilege' of having an early production Bronco. Or do I have this all wrong?  

• Like 1