Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

Yeah if the color goes well the the rest of the interior, it would look pretty good. I like the aluminum or brushed aluminum look too, but man I can already imagine all the reflections coming off that when the top is off. Especially with the shape of that dash, it’d probably blind you ???

As long as it's not chrome. There's several places in my Fusion that have chrome that kept reflecting straight into my eyes so I covered them with electrical tape. 

9 minutes ago, Donaldo said:

I'm having trouble understanding what advantages there are to putting down a $100 deposit for a vehicle that isn't in production yet. It won't be a limited production vehicle like the GT, where buyers are hand selected by Ford. It seems to me that trying to get to the front of the line will just encourage dealers to charge full MSRP plus ADM for the 'privilege' of having an early production Bronco. Or do I have this all wrong?  

You get it sooner.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

As long as it's not chrome. There's several places in my Fusion that have chrome that kept reflecting straight into my eyes so I covered them with electrical tape. 

don't get me started on Chrome....that went out with Bellbottoms and Afros...even Man buns....I sat in a continental the other day...holy crap...mucho take it easy on the Bling Ford....the inside of that car is just Chrome for Chromes sake...

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

You get it sooner.

do customer orders get built before dealer stock? I thought they usually pumped out high optioned versions for the dealers, then customer orders, but honestly I have no idea.

9 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

do customer orders get built before dealer stock? I thought they usually pumped out high optioned versions for the dealers, then customer orders, but honestly I have no idea.

in my experience no...they like to do a run of stock orders to weed out any QC issues before build of Retail ( ie customers ) orders....and of note, initial orders are usually to a constant matrix, you order , you get to specifically check the options you do/ don't want....y'know....like something other than White, Black, Silver or Grey...if you get my drift.

Edited by Deanh

3 minutes ago, Deanh said:

don't get me started on Chrome....that went out with Bellbottoms and Afros...even Man buns....I sat in a continental the other day...holy crap...mucho take it easy on the Bling Ford....the inside of that car is just Chrome for Chromes sake...

The little strip right at the tip of the hill start assist button (or whatever that button behind the shift dial is) is the WORST offender. I've never actually used it and if I wasn't leasing the car I would have popped the chrome bit off long ago. 

They build stock orders starting job 1 until they go 5 straight days with no problems, then they start shipping and building retail (sold) orders.  The ones previously built are inspected and repaired before shipping which might take a few days to several weeks.   After that retail orders have a lower priority (numerically) so they get built before stock orders within a particular dealers allocation.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Donaldo said:

I'm having trouble understanding what advantages there are to putting down a $100 deposit for a vehicle that isn't in production yet. It won't be a limited production vehicle like the GT, where buyers are hand selected by Ford. It seems to me that trying to get to the front of the line will just encourage dealers to charge full MSRP plus ADM for the 'privilege' of having an early production Bronco. Or do I have this all wrong?  

Earlier delivery and getting exactly what I want in it.

Also, the Sr. GM of the dealership is my cousin, so I'm not too concerned over ADMs. 

• Like 2

I think you make a good logical point.  My guess?  Just a bone thrown to the dealers.  Unfortunately some will not take advantage but I'm sure many will.  You walk in with whatever you get for your deposit receipt.  Think they are n going to be in any kind of mindset to give you a deal????

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah my Ranger has chrome rings around the panel vents and it dresses it up, but if the sun is just right... holy glare!

3 hours ago, akirby said:

They build stock orders starting job 1 until they go 5 straight days with no problems, then they start shipping and building retail (sold) orders.  The ones previously built are inspected and repaired before shipping which might take a few days to several weeks.   After that retail orders have a lower priority (numerically) so they get built before stock orders within a particular dealers allocation.

If a customer places an early order with one or more unpopular options or colors, it could be delayed while dealer stock orders are filled?  I remember Jeep does this, customers get upset waiting 4+ months for a special order, while others with different build orders get their new Jeeps in a few weeks. I think Ford manages their suppliers better than FCA though. 

12 hours ago, zipzoomflyfast said:

I'm praying for a Bronco Sport Trac (Pickup). I own a Gen II Sport Trac and love it. The short bed is perfect as I don't haul or need it to do any major work. Just weekend warrior stuff. The short bed will also allow for better break over and departure angles than the Gladiator. Bring it on Ford!!!! DO it!

They already have what your looking for on the lot and it’s called a Ford Ranger SuperCrew.

• Like 1

If a customer places an early order with one or more unpopular options or colors, it could be delayed while dealer stock orders are filled?  I remember Jeep does this, customers get upset waiting 4+ months for a special order, while others with different build orders get their new Jeeps in a few weeks. I think Ford manages their suppliers better than FCA though. 

Never heard of Ford delaying an order like that.  They get delayed if certain colors or options are not available or if the dealer doesn’t have enough allocation.  Has nothing to do with popularity and retail orders always come before stock orders within a dealers allocation of the priority is set correctly.

• Like 2

Would you say that screen in the Bronco is the same size as in the F150? To me, they look as if they have the same width, but the Bronco one looks shorter in height. Could just be a trick of the camera, but it definitely looks a little smaller in the Bronco. Perhaps it's because the Bronco's one is slightly inset?

Screen A.jpg

Screen B.jpg

6 hours ago, Donaldo said:

Initial scheduling and production is restricted to Dealer stock orders and vehicle colors are not a factor. I've never seen a paint color listed as "late availability". Retail orders don't start scheduling until the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved which is after 5 consecutive days of production without defects which is usually when the initial shipping authorization is issued. The "Okay to Buy" status is usually achieved within the first 4-6 weeks of production. Until then, all produced units are held at the plant pending additional potential work to repair detected defects in units produced prior to the "Okay to Buy' status being achieved. It takes time to clear out and ship all the stock units that have been sitting at the plant but once the "Okay to Buy" status is reached, units produced are released for immediate shipping.    

• Like 1

For those that are in the know, without divulging anything that’d end up in a trip to HR... what can we expect for backseat width on the 4-door?

We’re in an Escape now but with a third due in November will obviously need to upsize to allow for the three car seats. 

The focus has been Explorer. But the 4-Dr Bronc going to be “workable” in that regard until we can start sliding boosters into the mix and freeing up more room?

11 minutes ago, zgxtreme said:

For those that are in the know, without divulging anything that’d end up in a trip to HR... what can we expect for backseat width on the 4-door?

We’re in an Escape now but with a third due in November will obviously need to upsize to allow for the three car seats. 

The focus has been Explorer. But the 4-Dr Bronc going to be “workable” in that regard until we can start sliding boosters into the mix and freeing up more room?

Based on what I've seen, I think three carseats is a stretch.... unfortunately. 

$100 also is a significant psychological way of making a buyer commit to the purchase.  Also, think of deposits as a sieve, it gives Ford the ability to track real interested buyers from the lookers.  Sales 101!

Edited by Anthony