Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

It's not just Facebook, it's anything with an online comment system. I am fairly certain that many companies pay contractors (or contract companies) to trash their competitors online. I know Tesla does this. Basically, without moderators online comment systems get taken over in various different ways. Tip of the hat to the moderators here!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

It's not just Facebook, it's anything with an online comment system. I am fairly certain that many companies pay contractors (or contract companies) to trash their competitors online. I know Tesla does this. Basically, without moderators online comment systems get taken over in various different ways. Tip of the hat to the moderators here!

I'm pretty sure it happens in politics too... it's pathetic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, T-dubz said:

do customer orders get built before dealer stock? I thought they usually pumped out high optioned versions for the dealers, then customer orders, but honestly I have no idea.

I meant even more simply than that - that if you have an earlier place in line, you'll get it earlier than if you wait to order one.

5 hours ago, Twin Turbo said:

Would you say that screen in the Bronco is the same size as in the F150? To me, they look as if they have the same width, but the Bronco one looks shorter in height. Could just be a trick of the camera, but it definitely looks a little smaller in the Bronco. Perhaps it's because the Bronco's one is slightly inset?

Screen A.jpg

Screen B.jpg

I think it's the same size screen.

45 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

So glad I got off Facebook 

Yeah, I don't need to see Karen posting about how she went to Starbucks this morning and asked to see the manager.

I've always viewed it as an "I'll post on if I do something special/out of the ordinary (like a trip or something)" - otherwise, meh.  Don't need to read fake articles about all sorts of things.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, akirby said:

Never heard of Ford delaying an order like that.  They get delayed if certain colors or options are not available or if the dealer doesn’t have enough allocation.  Has nothing to do with popularity and retail orders always come before stock orders within a dealers allocation of the priority is set correctly.

referred to as commodity issues....

5 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Initial scheduling and production is restricted to Dealer stock orders and vehicle colors are not a factor. I've never seen a paint color listed as "late availability". Retail orders don't start scheduling until the "Okay to Buy" status is achieved which is after 5 consecutive days of production without defects which is usually when the initial shipping authorization is issued. The "Okay to Buy" status is usually achieved within the first 4-6 weeks of production. Until then, all produced units are held at the plant pending additional potential work to repair detected defects in units produced prior to the "Okay to Buy' status being achieved. It takes time to clear out and ship all the stock units that have been sitting at the plant but once the "Okay to Buy" status is reached, units produced are released for immediate shipping.    

I have...Silver Spruce in an F450 King Ranch monotone package....literally customer swapped color to Star White just to get it built.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Wonder what grey this is

3.JPG

I'm hoping Area 51 is a Grey-Green color...that Bright Blue metlcatic would be a good choice too with a white top. 

I believe that's the Carbonized Gray Metallic? It could be Area51... it's also mostly just a dark gray with a different metalflake treatment. 

48 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm hoping Area 51 is a Grey-Green color...that Bright Blue metlcatic would be a good choice too with a white top. 

Blue and white top is my plan (it'll be perfect to replace the Flex with (with its light blue body/white top).

@rmc523 and I were just discussing this privately, but it's likely worth bringing to the group at large:

I understand that my sources are only releasing tiny corners of things, but they've been absolutely solid so far. 

An interesting inference here is  that they've mentioned to me the Badlands, Outer Banks, et al more as curated packages and less like trim levels. I'm getting the vibe that these may be more in line with the Black Label "themes" than a ladder of trim options. 

So, the natural question is... *will* there be conventional trim levels as well? Or will it just be a Bronco to which you add options packages and the desired themed trim package? 

I've not heard a lick about conventional trim levels. That's not to say they definitely aren't happening, but it's worth asking. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

So, the natural question is... *will* there be conventional trim levels as well? Or will it just be a Bronco to which you add options packages and the desired themed trim package? 

I've not heard a lick about conventional trim levels. That's not to say they definitely aren't happening, but it's worth asking. 

I'm wondering with Ford''s mantra of making the build part of things simpler, that alot of options are going to be put on post build in the new trim plant?

I'm trying to figure out how they can make trim levels different-but I'd assume that there wouldn't be that much difference in material types on the Bronco interior. 

Yup, my example was how FX4 can now be had as an option across the F-150 lineup - perhaps they'll just have equipment option groups (your typical 200A, 300A, 401A, etc) that build upon a "base" trim, and then you could have the option of tacking say the Badlands package on any model regardless of how many features you want.

My thought was that each package could be geared more toward a different type of offroading - (ex. Badlands = rock crawling oriented, Big Bend = desert geared, etc), so that people could pick their ideal setup without being locked into particular trim levels or having to pay top dollar to get a particular type of offroad setup.

Just speculation right now, but a potential idea.

Though I also noticed that earlier interior spy shots showed models with the smaller screen (indicating a lower model) that had the full complement of dash top mounted switches, whereas the photos from yesterday showed a more optioned model (with the bigger screen), but was missing some buttons on the upper dash - don't know if that's proof of this theory or not, but at minimum, it means that particular offroad features don't appear to be locked to technology features.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm wondering with Ford''s mantra of making the build part of things simpler, that alot of options are going to be put on post build in the new trim plant?

I'm trying to figure out how they can make trim levels different-but I'd assume that there wouldn't be that much difference in material types on the Bronco interior. 

Well, it also sounds like they're wanting to offer a ton of factory accessories from the get go, which sound separate from these "trim levels", so that's what I think is more in line for that trim plant.

20 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

An interesting inference here is  that they've mentioned to me the Badlands, Outer Banks, et al more as curated packages and less like trim levels. I'm getting the vibe that these may be more in line with the Black Label "themes" than a ladder of trim options. 

I really like the idea of it just being a Bronco and adding options packages from there over trim levels. It's different than anything anyone else is doing right now and it's a bold decision.

Ford needs more of that. I hope that turns out to be the case. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

My thought was that each package could be geared more toward a different type of offroading - (ex. Badlands = rock crawling oriented, Big Bend = desert geared, etc), so that people could pick their ideal setup without being locked into particular trim levels or having to pay top dollar to get a particular type of offroad setup.

This would be AWESOME. Jeep wouldn't be able to match that at all. 

Love the green light thinking. Please Jeebus let this be true. 

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

This would be AWESOME. Jeep wouldn't be able to match that at all. 

Love the green light thinking. Please Jeebus let this be true. 

As I said with PD privately, perhaps in interviewing potential buyers, Ford may have identified that as a weakness in Wrangler - that you have to go all the way up the ladder price wise to get certain offroading options - and as I've definitely seen over at Bronco6g, there are a lot of guys over there hellbent on having an absolute base model but with the offroading goodies.

It really does make a ton of sense, and it'll be interesting to see.

Only thing is, I can see Dean's head spinning from a dealer's perspective if there's a ton of different combos available before you even get to factory accessories.

• Haha 5