Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Okay, I just got a pseudo-answer when it comes to stacking conventional trim levels and the packages we know about. 

Quote-

"Go to the Jeep website and try to build a Wrangler. How many trim options do you see on the first page? Does that make things easier or more complicated?"

So, not a direct answer but a *heavy* lean. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

As I said with PD privately, perhaps in interviewing potential buyers, Ford may have identified that as a weakness in Wrangler - that you have to go all the way up the ladder price wise to get certain offroading options - and as I've definitely seen over at Bronco6g, there are a lot of guys over there hellbent on having an absolute base model but with the offroading goodies.

It really does make a ton of sense, and it'll be interesting to see.

Only thing is, I can see Dean's head spinning from a dealer's perspective if there's a ton of different combos available before you even get to factory accessories.

trust me Ill have this vehicle down pat....

• Like 6

I think Ford is going to do what luxury brands have done the last 10 years or so - the themed is going to be independent of equipment level. And instead of trim levels, just put the popular options in some sort of tier packages e.g. value package, premium package, luxury package, tow package, offroad 1 package, offroad 2 package, snorkel package etc. 

The theme will be special color/trim/facia/wheels/roof configuration combos that are only available to that theme and some may require certain package to default. 

So in theory, you can build a Bronco without theme but with luxury and other package. Or a Bad Lands or Big Bend or Outer Banks theme with just value package. But of course most people who want theme will probably also load up on option packages too. 

Think BMW's no line vs. Luxury line vs. M-sport line theme exterior. Or Mercedes' Elegance vs. Avantgarde vs. AMG Sport theme exterior.

Edited by bzcat

51 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

This gets more interesting every day. I mean, this is starting to sound like Burger King, "order it your way". Not in a complicated way but in an FX4 way, as mentioned above.

you just made me hungry dammit...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I hope you guys are right. I really wanted the black wheels on my explorer but didn’t want to pay for the ST. If there was a “theme” available with the black wheels I would have definitely taken it.

they have that option on the Explorer now....

On 7/4/2020 at 11:52 PM, CurtisH said:

The 2.3 only has 310 hp in the Mustang.  The Ranger only has 270, right?  So, the 2.7 would provide significantly more hp.  Akirby has already mentioned the torque difference.  

1988 460 was only rated at a little over 200hp and I guaran-fricking-tee it will out haul a 2.3 any day of the week.

Quoting 4000rpm HP numbers as an end-all, be-all is really naive and shows an unfamiliarity with trucks.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

Hmmm, I don’t see that option on ford’s build and price and it surely wasn’t there when the explorer came out.

49 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You sure you aren't thinking of Ranger? They came out with a black pack for Ranger about a year ago. 

Guys, go easy on him. He's (rightfully) 100% focused on Bronco right now.  ?

Edited by PREMiERdrum
/s
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, J-150 said:

1988 460 was only rated at a little over 200hp and I guaran-fricking-tee it will out haul a 2.3 any day of the week.

Quoting 4000rpm HP numbers as an end-all, be-all is really naive and shows an unfamiliarity with trucks.

I thought the exact same way for a long time too.  But as I recall the 460 made 200 hp at 4500 rpm while the Ranger 2.3 with Ford's new performance kit makes 315 hp at the same 4500 rpm.  In the past I would have argued that the big block V8 was still a superior truck engine because its huge low end torque couldn't possibly be trumped by a little 4 banger.  Pretty sure the 460 I had made 200 ft-lb at 3000 rpm and maxed out at 280 ft-lb at 3500 rpm.  But surprisingly (at least to me) the 2.3 with performance kit is already making it's max torque of 370 ft-lb at just 2500 rpm!  I've had numeous Ford V8 trucks and SUVs over the years, but I had to totally reprogram my big block vs turbo banger way of thinking when I purchased my F150 Ecoboost... which easily trounces my 5.4 3V Expedition at any rpm.

Edited by CoolScoop
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J-150 said:

I’m not sure what your point was here.  I was responding to T-dubs.  He said he didn’t see a benefit in offering the 2.7 because the HP numbers were so close.  I was pointing out that there was a bigger difference in factory HP rating between the 2.3 and the 2.7 than he implied.  

I do believe CoolScoop’s quote regarding the 460’s torque was low.  I thought it was around 380-390 and I thought peak torque was around 3000 rpm. That is a good bit more than the 2.3 has from the factory.  The 2.7, however has 400 @ 2,750 rpm in the F-150.

Edited by CurtisH

Pretty much as expected, but it confirms all the good stuff that we expected. Lots of top options, which I'm excited to see. Some of the neat stuff: power outlets, a portable fridge, Winch, the retractable awning, rock lights, Air compressor, the 7-speed,  Base standard trim will make people happy. Really just a ton of options and goodies, too much to bother listing and talking about. If this is truly just the begining, "The 200", small selection of options and accessories to be continuously expanded, then this truck is gonna own.

The part time AND full-time 4wd stuff is interesting. Can the bronco do both? Or is it different systems you choose from? I'm guessing the former?

Interior color options sound bland, but navy could be interesting.

Looks like no 3.0 for launch, if this is legit.

It'll be interesting to see how many of the "options" will be Dealer installed, factory invoiced items. In any event, with the sheer volume of options it looks like will be available, it's going to be very interesting to see the order guide and how the options, packages, etc. are structured. Lots of customization, etc. to suit a wide variety of buyers but I expect the new Bronco is going to be a potential nightmare to order but we'll know better next week once the order guide is released. 

• Like 1