Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

15 minutes ago, bzcat said:

TL;DC
2dr
Base 28500
BB 33385
BD 36050
OB 38955
Bad 42095
WT 48875
1st 59305

4dr
Base 33200
BB 35880
BD 38545
OB 41450
Bad 44590
WT 51370
1st 63500

Edit: the Bronco6G website is bush league by redirecting any direct links 

There will be a 4 door BB in my driveway in 2022. I wonder what the options will cost????? That's the main question left. The only option I know for sure is hard top. Z plan will help me trim that price down a bit.

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

There will be a 4 door BB in my driveway in 2022. I wonder what the options will cost????? That's the main question left. The only option I know for sure is hard top. Z plan will help me trim that price down a bit.

Yeah I have a dollar amount I want to spend on it and I need to see how much some things cost option wise. Normally A/Z plan price is MSRP with all the options added to it. 

Does anyone have access to the plan site? Do they have the Bronco Sport listed already since it has a Build and Price active on it?

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I have a dollar amount I want to spend on it and I need to see how much some things cost option wise. Normally A/Z plan price is MSRP with all the options added to it. 

Does anyone have access to the plan site? Do they have the Bronco Sport listed already since it has a Build and Price active on it?

I just checked, not listed yet. They don't generally go up on the plan site until production starts. 

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That only further proves my point. If this was something that just HAD to be had by the off-road community, FCA, the company that loves to stuff a V8 into pretty much anything, would have done it already. 

Or our cries for more displacement are finally being heard. The only question is, will Ford hear us too?

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

What purpose does it serve to have a big heavy engine in an off-roader? 

It doesn't really serve any purpose, other than a certain measuring contest. My take on the no V8 in the Bronco is this, If they put the 3.0 TT in for whatever special edition, that should be more than enough. I think the 2.7 will have plenty of scoot on the street and more than enough power for the off road. The 2.3 should be a very good base engine, nothing to be ashamed of at all. I find it totally premature, that people are commenting without know how it will perform.

As for the Jeep crowd, well there are two types who would be interested in a V8. The ones who modify and really off  road and the ones that buy a Jeep as statement. The former being about 1% but most vocal/critical about everything.. The latter would buy a Wrangler with a Hellcat in it because it costs 80k and they could show off that they have it, even though we all know that is way too much power for a Wrangler. Heck,  I don't know if I would go over 70 mph in ANY Wrangler. The point is yes, Jeep will offer a V8 Jeep because that is what they do. It will probably sell very well in a limited volume. However, other than initial acceleration and sound, I  see no true benefit for off roading other than bragging rights. For those that want to whine about the sound, get ready to be smoked by silent electrics and their sound or lack there of.

Edited by jcartwright99

I wonder if most people complaining about the v8 have even driven the ranger. 

ranger 4x4 supercrew - 4441 lbs

bronco 2 door - 4319 to 4957 lbs

bronco 4 door - 4499 to 4997 lbs

I’m guessing any non-Sasquatch bronco will have a similar weight to the ranger. The 2.3 feels pretty fast in the ranger if you ask me. At the top end of the bronco’s weight range, I’d imagine the 2.7 would still be plenty enough power.

36 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I’m guessing any non-Sasquatch bronco will have a similar weight to the ranger. The 2.3 feels pretty fast in the ranger if you ask me. At the top end of the bronco’s weight range, I’d imagine the 2.7 would still be plenty enough power.

I think the meaty offroad tires especially on Sasquatch will have a big impact on how fast it feels. But yes, both engines will have plenty enough power. My guess is the 2.7 Outer Banks with skinnier tires will probably be just as fast as Wrangler V8 and get much better CAFE results for Ford.

Any Raptor or Warthog version with 3.0 EB will probably be tuned to 400+ hp and be bonkers to drive.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

For those that want to whine about the sound, get ready to be smoked by silent electrics and their sound or lack there of.

Although I love the V8 sound, it is very clear this is where it’s heading. That instant torque is hard to beat.  

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

perspective...a 4x4 Fi50 XLT short bed has a curb weight right around 4700 with the 2.7. So, and its peppy, the only real issue from an acceleration standpoint will be the inertia from the 35 inchers...

2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

perspective...a 4x4 Fi50 XLT short bed has a curb weight right around 4700 with the 2.7. So, and its peppy, the only real issue from an acceleration standpoint will be the inertia from the 35 inchers...

This is true but won't they be gearing it differently for the 35 option? 

I think there’s a lot of potential here. Some things I’d like to see on it:

1. fixed roof with a roll down rear window

2. Sasquatch package optional

3. don’t just make it a bronco with a bed like the gladiator. It can be “inspired by bronco” the same way the mach e is inspired by the mustang.

4. give it a unique bed to differentiate it from the ranger, maybe a flareside with the f150’s generator, hidden storage, etc, features you can’t get on a ranger

5. Same modular steel bumpers from the bronco

6. Better towing numbers

These jeeps are pretty cool, it’d be cool to have a bronco truck like these.
jeep-crew-chief-715-concept-dissected-fe

2019-jeep-moab-easter-safari--1.jpg

17 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Two of the Bronco truck concepts appear to be DOA.

The surviving one should really keep things moving.

Fuzzy might get that 3rd shift after all... in a couple years. 

Nah, there's no way on earth we could ever possibly keep up with demand so they’re closing the plant up ASAP. 

• Haha 2