Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

6 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

@fuzzymoomoo

I saw they kind of had a show and tell about the Bronco for the employees at MAP. Was it like what they did for the Ranger? Could you drive it? Did you go? 

I'm in body shop, that was over on the other side of the tracks at Final assembly. I didn't even know about it or I would have tried to go.

They'll probably do one similar to what they did for the Ranger after the launch in spring when the weather breaks. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

112775065_4092719534132316_4029297312504

saw this over at bronco6g. Deliveries are expected to start June 2021 and go into 2022. I don’t know if it’s always said this or not, but I thought at one point it was rumored that deliveries would start in April.

From what I can tell, they're hedging here. Unless we end up in either A) another shut down, or B) a major production issue... I expect deliveries to begin in late April or early May. 

Edited by PREMiERdrum

48 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I'm honestly expecting this to happen with the way shiny lord faarquad comrade Governor Whitmer has been talking lately. 

Ford should pulla Elon and move to Texas.... and of course take all you lovely people with them. With bonuses, and lower taxes for all!

Edited by probowler

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

112775065_4092719534132316_4029297312504

saw this over at bronco6g. Deliveries are expected to start June 2021 and go into 2022. I don’t know if it’s always said this or not, but I thought at one point it was rumored that deliveries would start in April.

I saw this there too.  Pretty disappointing, as I really wanted to get my truck traded in on it as the miles are getting up there. 

24 minutes ago, tbone said:

I saw this there too.  Pretty disappointing, as I really wanted to get my truck traded in on it as the miles are getting up there. 

My Flex is currently at 180k! Hoping the trade is done before 200. Thankful my reservation was in within the first 90 minutes they were open.  

4 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

My Flex is currently at 180k! Hoping the trade is done before 200. Thankful my reservation was in within the first 90 minutes they were open.  

You got a lot of life out of her! 200k would be a cool milestone if it doesn't happen fast enough.

56 minutes ago, tbone said:

Maybe time to be thinking about an overflow plant? If customers wait too long, many will just buy something else from a competitor like Jeep or Toyota. Think big as in 200,000+/year. 

19 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Maybe time to be thinking about an overflow plant? If customers wait too long, many will just buy something else from a competitor like Jeep or Toyota. Think big as in 200,000+/year. 

Its not worth it at this point, not sure the Bronco could pull off 200K sales year after year and it would be easier just to add another shift to keep up with demand.

The reservation thing isn't 100% accurate..people have double bookings to heg dealerships (play one against the other) and i'm sure life events will get in the way of others. I'd be suprised that Ford can keep 60% of reservations after everything is said and done. 

21 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

I already told you, MAP is closing (no way we could ever keep up) and they’re building as many as 5 plants for Bronco. Trusted source said so. 

• Haha 5
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, probowler said:

You got a lot of life out of her! 200k would be a cool milestone if it doesn't happen fast enough.

She's been really good to us. We're making the 1,000 mile trek south to Florida tonight and this is the first road trip in ages that we won't be taking her. My wife's new Explorer has more creature comforts, but cruising long distances in the Flex is the easiest of any car I've owned. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

Its not worth it at this point, not sure the Bronco could pull off 200K sales year after year and it would be easier just to add another shift to keep up with demand.

The reservation thing isn't 100% accurate..people have double bookings to heg dealerships (play one against the other) and i'm sure life events will get in the way of others. I'd be suprised that Ford can keep 60% of reservations after everything is said and done. 

50-65% is their anticipated "capture" rate of converting reservations to orders, but the new website verbiage is hedging quite heavily. Unless production is delayed from the current timetable (which, as Fuzzy fears, is possible) I think most reservations should be delivered by early Fall.

Definitely no overflow plant for Bronco, @FordBuyer. Ford will be thrilled to keep demand high, inventories low, and pricing firm until the new Ranger and Bronco truck come online... then MAP will be able to support a 3rd shift. 

11 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

50-65% is their anticipated "capture" rate of converting reservations to orders, but the new website verbiage is hedging quite heavily. Unless production is delayed from the current timetable (which, as Fuzzy fears, is possible) I think most reservations should be delivered by early Fall.

Definitely no overflow plant for Bronco, @FordBuyer. Ford will be thrilled to keep demand high, inventories low, and pricing firm until the new Ranger and Bronco truck come online... then MAP will be able to support a 3rd shift. 

Don't get the wisdom of adding a third shift during a pandemic. You need hours of cleaning between each shift. Even with vaccine, it will take many months to get to herd immunity even assuming the anti vaccine crowd will change their mind and take the needle. 

While I still think Ford needs more capacity and increased sales... I don't think a significant amount of people who has waited THIS long and reserved will suddenly get pissed over a 2-3 month delay and buy a jeep...  I'd like to think most people even if they disagree with the lockdown would understand that if the government forces Ford to shutdown, then it's not Ford's fault.

What could be a problem is people like PREMIER who need to replace aging vehicles and are running out of time.

11 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Don't get the wisdom of adding a third shift during a pandemic. You need hours of cleaning between each shift. Even with vaccine, it will take many months to get to herd immunity even assuming the anti vaccine crowd will change their mind and take the needle. 

The 3rd shift will come with the new Ranger and Bronco pickup... 2-3 years away. 

The way I see it....Ford is slowly becoming irrelevant in many parts of the country including Central Florida. So it badly needs to maximize its Bronco grand slam homerun. Having a goal of 100,000 Bronco/year and frustrating prospective buyers with long waits is a bad business plan. Ford  can't afford to mess up this opportunity that doesn't come along often if at all. Go big and turn this hit into a mega hit.

With a blown out infrastructure with bridges across America crumbling and high water levels flooding roads, it's BRONCO TIME and Ford needs to seize the opportunity of a lifetime. 

Start off with plan to build at least 200,000/year and scale up from there. This off road segment is only going to grow as our incompetent "leaders" do nothing about our aging infrastructure.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

I would think they would try to get as many Rangers that they could on two shifts before Bronco hit production. Then once Bronco is online start filling that demand ASAP. Just my amateur opinion. Not sure that is feasible or what they will do. Is MAP on one shift or two now?

Depends on the area. Final assembly is 1 shift. Paint, Body and Stamping are all 2 shifts. 

1 hour ago, probowler said:

While I still think Ford needs more capacity and increased sales... I don't think a significant amount of people who has waited THIS long and reserved will suddenly get pissed over a 2-3 month delay and buy a jeep...  I'd like to think most people even if they disagree with the lockdown would understand that if the government forces Ford to shutdown, then it's not Ford's fault.

What could be a problem is people like PREMIER who need to replace aging vehicles and are running out of time.

I see it this way. If reservations could take well in to 2022 to be delivered, how long is it gonna take for me, someone who didn’t make a reservation to get one? 

i really like the look of the bronco. The price is a bit higher then I would normally pay for a vehicle but I’d make an exception here. But, if I’m waiting another 1 1/2 Years for there to even be a bronco on a dealer lot to test drive, then I might as well wait a little longer. 

Ford has several vehicles coming out soon that I’m interested in. The NG ranger, maverick, NG edge, the fusion replacement are all vehicles that I would be interested in that probably cost quite a bit less than the bronco. And who knows what other manufacturers have coming soon.

If the bronco was out right now, I probably wouldn’t wait for those launches because they seem further away. Ford would take my 45k for a new bronco and be happy. But waiting 1-2 years makes those other launches a lot closer, and I could end up with one of those other vehicles at a much lower price.

Edited by T-dubz

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

I would think they would try to get as many Rangers that they could on two shifts before Bronco hit production. Then once Bronco is online start filling that demand ASAP. Just my amateur opinion. Not sure that is feasible or what they will do. Is MAP on one shift or two now?

Great idea.  I posted the same a week or so ago.  Makes perfect sense.   Regardless, I can’t imagine 2021 Broncos being shipped to dealers in the fall of 2021.  This is bound to be a cluster I’m sure.  

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I see it this way. If reservations could take well in to 2022 to be delivered, how long is it gonna take for me, someone who didn’t make a reservation to get one? 

i really like the look of the bronco. The price is a bit higher then I would normally pay for a vehicle but I’d make an exception here. But, if I’m waiting another 1 1/2 Years for there to even be a bronco on a dealer lot to test drive, then I might as well wait a little longer. 

Ford has several vehicles coming out soon that I’m interested in. The NG ranger, maverick, NG edge, the fusion replacement are all vehicles that I would be interested in that probably cost quite a bit less than the bronco. And who knows what other manufacturers have coming soon.

If the bronco was out right now, I probably wouldn’t wait for those launches because they seem further away. Ford would take my 45k and be happy. But waiting 1-2 years makes those other launches a lot closer, and I could end up with one of those other vehicles at a much lower price.

That's a good point, we're potentially 2 years away from filling the lots full of Broncos. Lucky for Ford, they have other vehicles you're interested. It would be a shame however if they lost potential conquest customers during that time as hype and patience dies down.

I kind of would love to see Ford build some kind of super flexible overflow plant (as someone suggested earlier) in a more liberty-minded state....give them the ability to churn out broncos or anything that much faster and without fear of being shutdown.