Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

2 hours ago, ausrutherford said:

I suspect that would be easy to do.

What do you think capacity is with two extended shifts + Saturdays + Sundays? 275k maybe? 

You are basically getting the equivalent of 3 5-day shifts at that rate.

Correct,

Ford would prefer to keep the line speed and balance the same and just add shifts to fill orders more quickly.

I'm not sure what has caused the extra delay on top but MAP will barely get six months Bronco production next year.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:20 PM, probowler said:

While I still think Ford needs more capacity and increased sales... I don't think a significant amount of people who has waited THIS long and reserved will suddenly get pissed over a 2-3 month delay and buy a jeep...  I'd like to think most people even if they disagree with the lockdown would understand that if the government forces Ford to shutdown, then it's not Ford's fault.

What could be a problem is people like PREMIER who need to replace aging vehicles and are running out of time.

On the Bronco6g forum regarding this matter, there were a number of comments about waiting to check out the new Toyota 4Runner that is due in 2022 or something as a result of the potential delay, so sales have the potential to be affected. I think there are quite a few people come from brands other than Ford, that may not have the loyalty to wait too long if another shiny object comes along.  

With that said, I don’t think there has been another Ford product that has generated as much buzz as the Bronco.  I have had at least eight non-car people say something to me about the Bronco unsolicited on separate occasions, and most don’t know that I’m a truck enthusiast.  It’s a pretty interesting phenomenon to see. 

26 minutes ago, tbone said:

On the Bronco6g forum regarding this matter, there were a number of comments about waiting to check out the new Toyota 4Runner that is due in 2022 or something as a result of the potential delay, so sales have the potential to be affected. I think there are quite a few people come from brands other than Ford, that may not have the loyalty to wait too long if another shiny object comes along.  

With that said, I don’t think there has been another Ford product that has generated as much buzz as the Bronco.  I have had at least eight non-car people say something to me about the Bronco unsolicited on separate occasions, and most don’t know that I’m a truck enthusiast.  It’s a pretty interesting phenomenon to see. 

Yep, you probably have to go back to the 64 Mustang and 86 Taurus/Sable to duplicate this interest for a new vehicle. It truly is off the charts. 

Just saw an internet pic of Wrangler/Bronco parked side by side in a hotel parking lot. The Jeep looked hopelessly dated compared to it. They had an internet vote going on and voters favored the Bronco by a 3 to 1 margin. Barrett Jackson will probably auction the first one off the line for $500,000+. And Clay Ford Jr. will get the 2nd one. And Mecum will auction off the 3rd one and for the first three years no one will see one in dealer inventory. So buy your Sport Badlands and be happy.

9 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Yep, you probably have to go back to the 64 Mustang and 86 Taurus/Sable to duplicate this interest for a new vehicle. It truly is off the charts. 

Just saw an internet pic of Wrangler/Bronco parked side by side in a hotel parking lot. The Jeep looked hopelessly dated compared to it. They had an internet vote going on and voters favored the Bronco by a 3 to 1 margin. Barrett Jackson will probably auction the first one off the line for $500,000+. And Clay Ford Jr. will get the 2nd one. And Mecum will auction off the 3rd one and for the first three years no one will see one in dealer inventory. So buy your Sport Badlands and be happy.

I saw those pics too, and the Bronco does look good by comparison.  I am still a Jeep Wrangler fan, but I am a bigger Ford fan, and the new Bronco is finally giving me a Ford option. The Jeep is a Jeep though and will probably always look generally like its current form in some way.  

15 hours ago, FordBuyer said:

Just saw an internet pic of Wrangler/Bronco parked side by side in a hotel parking lot. The Jeep looked hopelessly dated compared to it. They had an internet vote going on and voters favored the Bronco by a 3 to 1 margin.

You mean, this one? I wouldn't say it looks dated...more like it saying to Bronco (in my best Tom Hanks southern prison guard drawl) "Mr Bronco? When you been boy??"

image.thumb.png.d22a9ce0ed123c4c1efe156e34a60a3a.png

Edited by twintornados

It is too early to speculate about number of shifts or setting up a 2nd plant for Bronco. Let see the sales materialize first...

If demand for Bronco exceeds expectation in the short term, Ford can simply delay next gen Ranger production in the US to meet the bulge in Bronco demand. As it stands now, the rumor is Ford is not planning to build the new Ranger in Argentina so we are down to US, South Africa, and Thailand as the global production site for Ranger. If Bronco soaks up most of the volume in the US plant, Ford can probably reevaluate its plans for Argentina to add more Ranger volumes in the Americas. Wayne can probably handle just US market Ranger volume plus worldwide Bronco. Mexico and Canada can get their Ranger from Thailand and/or Argentina if necessary since there is no Chicken Tax problem in those countries.

Edited by bzcat

11 hours ago, twintornados said:

You mean, this one? I wouldn't say it looks dated...more like it saying to Bronco (in my best Tom Hanks southern prison guard drawl) "Mr Bronco? When you been boy??"

image.thumb.png.d22a9ce0ed123c4c1efe156e34a60a3a.png

Looks like a Wrangler... so thats why they spelled out BRONCO across the grille! ?

Edited by CoolScoop

49 minutes ago, CoolScoop said:

Looks like a Wrangler... so thats why they spelled out BRONCO across the grille! ?

yeah,,,,,hard to tell the difference...if fact one could easily get into the wrong car and wonder why the keys wouldn't work...

21 hours ago, bzcat said:

It is too early to speculate about number of shifts or setting up a 2nd plant for Bronco. Let see the sales materialize first...

If demand for Bronco exceeds expectation in the short term, Ford can simply delay next gen Ranger production in the US to meet the bulge in Bronco demand. As it stands now, the rumor is Ford is not planning to build the new Ranger in Argentina so we are down to US, South Africa, and Thailand as the global production site for Ranger. If Bronco soaks up most of the volume in the US plant, Ford can probably reevaluate its plans for Argentina to add more Ranger volumes in the Americas. Wayne can probably handle just US market Ranger volume plus worldwide Bronco. Mexico and Canada can get their Ranger from Thailand and/or Argentina if necessary since there is no Chicken Tax problem in those countries.

There has been some discussions that are gaining traction on volume if Ford builds Ranger/Everest/VW in Oakville and Edge name moves to the fully electric SUV or to Louisville to maximize that plant as Escape/Corsair volume is lower than what the plant can produce and Ford suspect another hit once the Bronco Sport is out, adding the Edge/Nautilus helps increase profit of that plant as well as the products sell for higher ATP's. Oakville will have even less volume when the Nautilus moves to China for China sales. There's a growing group in Ford that thinks the Everest can take on the Grand Cherokee and would be sold world wide (Including the U.S.) this gained a lot of traction with the Bronco and seeing demand from existing Jeep owners.  

Canada has more lucrative free trade agreements and can export Ranger/Everest/Amarock to more counties and these products would be more profitable for the plant, the question is there would there be enough volume for 2 shifts at the plant. The plant is also on Rail/Highway routes for existing suppliers at MAP. Canada/Ontario is tossing billions at Ford to keep the plant open especially with COVID going on, Ford gets huge good will for investing in the plant and makes considerably more profitable product. They need about 240K units for it to work, which at least form some early indications they will be able to do with Bronco demand being what it is. Ford really wants to save Oakville it doesn't want to be see closing a plant right now. 

• Like 1

Edge + Bronco + Everest + Mach E + Fusion Active = may be too much products in the midsize segment. Ford actually needs more compact size utilities. Escape needs more friends...

Nautilus already moved to China. The locally made Nautilus went on sale last month.

Amarok mainly sells in Europe and South America. I'm pretty sure Ford will make all of it in South Africa or Thailand. There is no reason to even bother with it in Canada. Remember, Ford has to replace the volume left behind by Mazda BT-50 in those plants, which is one of the reason why Ford decided the VW alliance was good business... they were looking at reduced utilization at Thailand and wondering what to do with it.

As has been said, Ford benchmarked the Wrangler in every way. It is more modern looking, has better offroad creds according to the specs, and drives better down a paved road. In other words, it's a more refined, capable offroad vehicle.

So Ford has a grand slam and just hope Ford doesn't screw it up with cautious production numbers. CAUTION is Ford's middle name and hopefully that doesn't apply here. URGENCY should be Ford's new middle name. Ford is running out of time with new pickups coming over the next few years from a score of established and new auto makers.

Ford can't assume any longer that F-Series will save its ass over the next decade. It needs at least two more  high volume hot sellers with large profit margins. The Bronco family better be one of them. Whatever it takes. Mach E is too modest in production numbers to make a significant difference, and scaling it up is a question mark. 

• Like 1

I would love to see the Ford Everest sold in the U. S. Ignoring the Bronco, I feel like the Everest would be good competition for the GC and the ancient 4runner, both of which consistently sell well.

Of course, the Bronco does exist, so product cannibalization might be a factor in a U. S. market, but I think both vehicles can coexist like Wrangler and GC.

We shall see.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Edge + Bronco + Everest + Mach E + Fusion Active = may be too much products in the midsize segment. Ford actually needs more compact size utilities. Escape needs more friends...

Nautilus already moved to China. The locally made Nautilus went on sale last month.

Amarok mainly sells in Europe and South America. I'm pretty sure Ford will make all of it in South Africa or Thailand. There is no reason to even bother with it in Canada. Remember, Ford has to replace the volume left behind by Mazda BT-50 in those plants, which is one of the reason why Ford decided the VW alliance was good business... they were looking at reduced utilization at Thailand and wondering what to do with it.

Is the Fusion Active still around for N.A.; Haven't seen much of anything on the program come across the past 3 months, it was on full life support before Covid.

Escape has friends outside of N.A., Focus Active, Fiesta Active, Territory, Puma. What Ford needs is an XL Escape for Euro market. Edge and Everest could co-exist as it is different customers in NA markets, Edge and Fusion Active are the same customer in NA markets.

On 7/26/2020 at 11:42 AM, tbone said:

It looks like the Bronco will be stocked on dealer lots at about  the same time as the new down market ($50-60K) Toyota Land Cruiser 300 and 4Runners will be on sale. Although its lineup is stale now, Toyota will be a strong player in off road vehicles. There will also be cheaper Land Rover Discovery 90/110s (maybe a diesel?) .  Rumored but not confirmed is also a new 2021 Nissan Xterra.  Ford has a lot of incentive to get these Broncos to market sooner than later. I think this early launch was a good marketing strategy to get some press and keep potential buyers from checking out the competition. 

Edited by Donaldo

I’d probably pick the Everest over the bronco. While the removable roof is cool, it’s just not something I really want to deal with. Also, it’d probably be cheaper than a bronco and almost as capable (both are more than capable for my daily driver needs with the occasional drive in a pasture, beach or trail). 

I’d take a fixed roof bronco over either though.

Edited by T-dubz

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

So Ford has a grand slam and just hope Ford doesn't screw it up with cautious production numbers. CAUTION is Ford's middle name and hopefully that doesn't apply here. URGENCY should be Ford's new middle name. Ford is running out of time with new pickups coming over the next few years from a score of established and new auto makers.

Ford can't assume any longer that F-Series will save its ass over the next decade. It needs at least two more  high volume hot sellers with large profit margins. The Bronco family better be one of them. Whatever it takes. Mach E is too modest in production numbers to make a significant difference, and scaling it up is a question mark. 

What in the hell is giving you the idea that Ford will be too cautious?  One plant running 3 shifts is plenty of capacity for Ranger and Bronco in the short term.  

And you’re forgetting about Expedition, Transit vans, Explorer, Bronco Sport and Lincoln.   Those are all money makers for sure.

16 minutes ago, akirby said:

What in the hell is giving you the idea that Ford will be too cautious?  One plant running 3 shifts is plenty of capacity for Ranger and Bronco in the short term.  

And you’re forgetting about Expedition, Transit vans, Explorer, Bronco Sport and Lincoln.   Those are all money makers for sure.

Im not going to speak for you but he's made it pretty obvious to me he doesn't know what he's talking about with what he's been saying over the last week or so 

2 hours ago, probowler said:

Why did Ford decide not to sell the Bronco globally? I can't believe there's no demand. I remember when I was in Germany my dad would get random offers to buy his old 88.

Electrification would have been required from launch for major EU markets (Being worked on for the next Ranger) and they already have a capacity issue. Bronco will probably smooth out a bit after 6/9months the must have it now buyers moving on to the latest and greatest new thing as they didn't get one. Other markets are already demanding it once demand slows down in North America.  There are about 230K “reservations” currently. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 2