Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

You guys are saying Ford is NOT a cautious company? Really? That's pretty wild stuff? The ONLY time Ford does take risks is when their back is against the wall.

I can remember posters 8 years ago or so complaining about no mid sized pickup and no competition to the Wrangler. Ford showed a Bronco concept  many years ago and couldn't pull the trigger until now. It took Ford forever to respond, and only after seeing its stock price and profits melt away. 

So maybe the Bronco is the new 1990 Explorer or 1999 Expedition because they badly need a hit. I hope so anyway. And hope Ford puts its foot down even more instead of letting up like it always does. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Why did Ford decide not to sell the Bronco globally? I can't believe there's no demand. I remember when I was in Germany my dad would get random offers to buy his old 88.

Globally, SUV sales are overwhelmingly diesel, so gasoline only Bronco will not find many buyers other than those with American car fetish. And Ford probably looked at putting diesel in Bronco but decided it wasn't going to pay off.

Bronco will make its way overseas for sure... virtually every country in the world allows parallel imports as long as vehicle meets safety and emission standards. US is an extremely outlier in favoring official distributors and effectively blocking parallel vehicle imports.

56 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Globally, SUV sales are overwhelmingly diesel, so gasoline only Bronco will not find many buyers other than those with American car fetish. And Ford probably looked at putting diesel in Bronco but decided it wasn't going to pay off.

Bronco will make its way overseas for sure... virtually every country in the world allows parallel imports as long as vehicle meets safety and emission standards. US is an extremely outlier in favoring official distributors and effectively blocking parallel vehicle imports.

Still waiting for the Diesel Transit Connect...ahem. Sincerely I believe hybrid drivetrains may actually eventually replace diesels....

1 hour ago, FordBuyer said:

You guys are saying Ford is NOT a cautious company? Really? That's pretty wild stuff? The ONLY time Ford does take risks is when their back is against the wall.

I can remember posters 8 years ago or so complaining about no mid sized pickup and no competition to the Wrangler. Ford showed a Bronco concept  many years ago and couldn't pull the trigger until now. It took Ford forever to respond, and only after seeing its stock price and profits melt away. 

So maybe the Bronco is the new 1990 Explorer or 1999 Expedition because they badly need a hit. I hope so anyway. And hope Ford puts its foot down even more instead of letting up like it always does. 

You think completely gutting two factories and changing the best selling vehicle in the country over to aluminum was playing it safe?   Their backs weren’t against the wall.

8 years ago Ford was trying to rebuild itself from the brink of bankruptcy.  Small pickup sales were dropping fast and a Ford simply had more important things on their plate.   That’s not being cautious it’s just good business.

It is true that Ford doesn’t take extraordinary risks, but I think their commitment to BEVs, HEVs and PHEVs is somewhat risky.

I think what you really mean is that Ford doesn’t always do what you think it should do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not orders, Reservations. Big difference. 

Thanks Fuzzy, yes I should have said 230k reservations, not orders. There does seem to be A small group of people that have reservations at multiple dealers with multiple email address. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I think what you really mean is that Ford doesn’t always do what you think it should do.

Quite a few of us are guilty of that but I’m not convinced that Ford’s view of the future and decisions made were distorted by the fear that certain important segments had suffered permanent die back.

Due to debt load, a new Expedition, Ranger or even the thought of a Bronco just so was inconceivable particularly with an uncertain  future. It’s just a pity that Ford didn’t back themselves a bit more.

GM on the other hand, left near all its debts back in bankruptcy and were able to expand their portfolio because of that.

Edited by jpd80

5 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Even so, even if only 50% convert to sales, your still looking at one years worth of production

I've read at least 3 headlines today including TFL saying that most Bronco customers will not get their vehicles until at least the summer of 2021. And that is assuming MAP is not shut down for a few weeks because of a virus spike. Those thousands of reservations don't include new orders coming in over the coming months as Job 1 gets close. You Tube is full of new videos everyday on the Bronco that stimulate new interest. I'm sure Ford is having a lot of emergency meetings over this off the chart interest and orders.

19 minutes ago, Lavien said:

I assume that includes both Bronco and Sport? Do you know the ratio between the two?

No, that is just the Bronco. That is the issue Ford has with production numbers and where the 18 months is coming from.

Edited by jasonj80

16 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

Thanks Fuzzy, yes I should have said 230k reservations, not orders. There does seem to be A small group of people that have reservations at multiple dealers with multiple email address. 

bingo...which means some WILL reach lots...I would expect addendums on those at several dealerships...

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

bingo...which means some WILL reach lots...I would expect addendums on those at several dealerships...

Exactly, I do feel bad for you when they start hitting lots, people will be blowing up your phone as to when their order comes in.

As of now the plan is to build in the order they were reserved. 

So does anyone have the reservation numbers for the sport? 

I wonder how many it will get? With it not being as unique as the bronco, I’d expect it’s reservations to be lower. Reserving the sport would be like reserving an escape in my opinion.  So if ford is able to get several thousand reservations for it, I would see that as a win and a good indicator of how well it might sell in the future.