Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

The report today said MORE than 150,000 reservations for the Bronco and counting. Also said Ford is working on ramping up production for these high number of reservations. President of Ford North America stated that Ford is expecting to sell hundreds of thousands/year. Assume he was talking about Bronco only. 

What they feel the conversion rate from reservations to orders is going to be. If Ford puts out that number they become open to many problems, the conversion rate of reservations to orders only goes down, it makes it look like there is a huge backlog deterring future orders for the vehicle, and at an earnings call you said you had xxxx even though you can’t/didn’t or won’t deliver on that number for years. 

Ford thinks there will be approximately a 2/3 conversion rate based on their 150k+ public number. If they sell 185k when they said 230k they have an issue and critics will say it failed to live up to sales expectations.  

• Like 1

It's sharing plant capacity with the increasingly popular Ranger... even if the actual reservation to order conversions are less than production capacity, they will easily make that up with dealer stock orders.  They could also get more order conversions than they can produce with carryovers to the 2022 MY... either way it should be a huge success by anyones standards!  When the next gen Ranger arives, they may even be needing another plant!

Edited by CoolScoop

I think it depends on how much fleet business they want to go after with Ranger and what's needed for Amarok production in North America.   Assuming  3 shifts could do 350K, I could see 200K Broncos and 150K Rangers sustained with mostly higher end retail sales.   If you went to another plant could they add another 100K of volume between the 2 and if you could would it be worth the investment to just run one shift in a 2nd plant?   Obviously if Bronco sales go through the roof and/or they need the extra capacity for Amarok and/or exports then it's an easier decision.

It would be a much easier decision if they could co-exist in somewhere like Oakville with other non-Ranger based products.

Word is, Ford has already secured an astounding 230,000 reservations for its new Bronco in just two weeks. 

I'd believe what Ford is saying over what an internet blog saying "word is" is reporting.  It's also possible the 230k number includes the Sport though I would not put any belief in what basically is an unsourced number.

18 minutes ago, Anthony said:

I'd believe what Ford is saying over what an internet blog saying "word is" is reporting.  It's also possible the 230k number includes the Sport though I would not put any belief in what basically is an unsourced number.

I thought our source for the 230k was internal.

150K vs. 230K? Although it's nice to have the positive press about the public response, but a $100 reservation isn't a commitment for a lot of those looking for bragging rights with their friends, etc. and there are duplicate reservations to weed through too. And Ford rep's are contacting dealers daily pushing for results converting reservations to actual orders. All this for a vehicle that won't get delivered for nearly another year. Tired of the marathon of waiting and waiting and waiting for Bronco. Can't remember the last time it's taken so long to get a vehicle into production. Maybe I can feel more enthused when they actually start scheduling orders and we get to a Job #1 Date.   

42 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

150K vs. 230K? Although it's nice to have the positive press about the public response, but a $100 reservation isn't a commitment for a lot of those looking for bragging rights with their friends, etc. and there are duplicate reservations to weed through too. And Ford rep's are contacting dealers daily pushing for results converting reservations to actual orders. All this for a vehicle that won't get delivered for nearly another year. Tired of the marathon of waiting and waiting and waiting for Bronco. Can't remember the last time it's taken so long to get a vehicle into production. Maybe I can feel more enthused when they actually start scheduling orders and we get to a Job #1 Date.   

The numbers are just numbers. I think it shows positive reaction but honestly it guarantees nothing (unless you want to start making assumptions). I'm a little disappointed that Ford went to the gimmick of reservations. I think that should be left to Tesla and the Vaporware players.

I think we are all tired of waiting. It only made it worse once they revealed it since it looks like a home run. We know the Covid impact and where the dates are at now. I'm anxious but I just want a successful roll out, which I think MAP will be able provide. Tom Petty said it best, "waiting is the hardest part"!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I think it depends on how much fleet business they want to go after with Ranger and what's needed for Amarok production in North America.   Assuming  3 shifts could do 350K, I could see 200K Broncos and 150K Rangers sustained with mostly higher end retail sales.   If you went to another plant could they add another 100K of volume between the 2 and if you could would it be worth the investment to just run one shift in a 2nd plant?   Obviously if Bronco sales go through the roof and/or they need the extra capacity for Amarok and/or exports then it's an easier decision.

It would be a much easier decision if they could co-exist in somewhere like Oakville with other non-Ranger based products.

The district I live in FL recently bought about 30 XL Rangers for neighborhood watch duty. So it looks like Ranger does a significant amount of fleet sales. It's starting to more like a 150,000+ per year seller going forward. 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Ranger fleet business will increase substantially if Ford offers alternate ( read cheap naturally aspirated ) drivetrains

26 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

The numbers are just numbers. I think it shows positive reaction but honestly it guarantees nothing (unless you want to start making assumptions). I'm a little disappointed that Ford went to the gimmick of reservations. I think that should be left to Tesla and the Vaporware players.

I think we are all tired of waiting. It only made it worse once they revealed it since it looks like a home run. We know the Covid impact and where the dates are at now. I'm anxious but I just want a successful roll out, which I think MAP will be able provide. Tom Petty said it best, "waiting is the hardest part"!

Well,  at least they gave all of us a crack at it if we truly wanted one. Ditto for the MachE. 

15 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Understood and agreed! I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford using their reservation system more in the future whenever they introduce a new or substantially updated model. They'll sell it as more efficient method for production planning and help alleviate commodity issues. When they went to the newer OTD allocation and scheduling system on certain models, part of the pitch was that because they'd have Dealer order commitments further in advance, that there would be fewer commodity issues. In reality, the commodity issues have continued to get worse. In addition, the reservation system gets Ford even more involved in dealership operations making dealerships spend more time and money satisfying Ford and the Dearborn based executives that know little about day-to-day operations at the dealership level but think they know better. In Dearborn, it's been the accepted and all too often rewarded method of job preservation and/or career advancement.   

Edited by ice-capades
grammer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ice-capades said:

Understood and agreed! I wouldn't be surprised to see Ford using their reservation system more in the future whenever they introduce a new or substantially updated model. They'll sell it as more efficient method for production planning and help alleviate commodity issues. When they went to the newer OTD allocation and scheduling system on certain models, part of the pitch was that because they'd have Dealer order commitments further in advance, that there would be fewer commodity issues. In reality, the commodity issues have continued to get worse. In addition, the reservation system gets Ford even more involved in dealership operations making dealerships spend more time and money satisfying Ford and the Dearborn based executives that no little about day-to-day operations at the dealership level but think they no better. In Dearborn, it's been the accepted and all too often rewarded method of job preservation and/or career advancement.   

Yesh, I think Ford will only go the reservation route on very hot new vehicles like specialty Mustangs, other high performance models, Bronco and MachE of course, and special edition trim lines. Pedestrian models like Escape and Bronco Sport no. Lots of inventory where an average guy like me can walk through the lot and pick one out. 

33 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

The district I live in FL recently bought about 30 XL Rangers for neighborhood watch duty. So it looks like Ranger does a significant amount of fleet sales. It's starting to more like a 150,000+ per year seller going forward. 

I’m talking about single cabs, flatbeds, cheaper engines, etc.  - targeted specifically to large fleets.  I don’t think they need to do it or even want to do it though.

• Like 1