Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

20 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I've heard from 3 different people that dealers are expecting at least some demo units to be moving around to certain lots before ordering begins in December.

These aren't Ford sources.

Anyone else heard this?

I haven't heard that but as much attention as this launch is drawing I wouldn't be surprised nor will I complain. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I've heard from 3 different people that dealers are expecting at least some demo units to be moving around to certain lots before ordering begins in December.

These aren't Ford sources.

Anyone else heard this?

Could they be confusing this with the pre-production units making the rounds in different areas the past few weeks for testing?

Not sure how Ford can produce demo units for the dealerships without dealerships selling them for stupid money to people who have more money then smarts. 

If the Bronco is as good as we all hope it is, it might be worth it for dealers to have test-drive models for those who are car-shopping today. If you can convince a few people to wait that otherwise might go out and buy a jeep or a 4-runner, I'd say that's a win.

17 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Could they be confusing this with the pre-production units making the rounds in different areas the past few weeks for testing?

Not sure how Ford can produce demo units for the dealerships without dealerships selling them for stupid money to people who have more money then smarts. 

I'm getting the sense that these will be test builds that will be moved around to different dealers as experience demos... they'll remain Ford's property.

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That all depends on what the company wants to do. 

I was afraid your answer would be something like that.  I know there are so many variables involved that the time frame could be significantly impacted.  I was still hoping you might be able to give a more concrete answer. ?

16 minutes ago, CurtisH said:

I was afraid your answer would be something like that.  I know there are so many variables involved that the time frame could be significantly impacted.  I was still hoping you might be able to give a more concrete answer. ?

The last answer I knew to be correct turned out to have been changed twice since then so I'm playing it safe. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The last answer I knew to be correct turned out to have been changed twice since then so I'm playing it safe. 

No problem.  I figured anything you said would have been an educated guess and certainly wouldn’t try to hold you to it.  I’m anxious to see it hit the dealerships, but I also want Ford to take enough time to get it right. 

7 hours ago, probowler said:

These look so good. I wonder if the aftermarket might make a slant-window topper?

Retro Ford Bronco Renderings Give New Off-Roader Vintage Graphics

2021-ford-bronco-vintage-renderings.jpg

2021-ford-bronco-vintage-renderings.jpg

https://www.motor1.com/news/437624/ford-bronco-retro-renderings-graphics/

That Tequila Sunrise graphic is just damnnear perfect. 

Something that I think we'll see once these start hitting the lots is just how adaptable the design is. There are little nods here and there to several different generations of Broncos, so a few changes here or there can give an entirely different effect. I'd expect a slantback hard top to be among many aftermarket top options. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

amazing how many people that are confusing the Bronco Sport with the Bronco....sigh...

Just going by the photos, it's difficult to realize the differences between the two. In particular, the Bronco Sport photos look a lot larger than expected for a vehicle based on the Escape platform. Unless I'm missing something from what's been revealed and the impression I'm getting from the photos released, how confusing is it going to be when the vehicles are actually out on the road!

15 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Just going by the photos, it's difficult to realize the differences between the two. In particular, the Bronco Sport photos look a lot larger than expected for a vehicle based on the Escape platform. Unless I'm missing something from what's been revealed and the impression I'm getting from the photos released, how confusing is it going to be when the vehicles are actually out on the road!

I feel like it won't be confusing at all in person, but I realize I'm more "in the know" than the average person and don't have a problem distinguishing the two right now.

I can understand the initial confusion, but don't think it'll be an issue IRL.

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

amazing how many people that are confusing the Bronco Sport with the Bronco....sigh...

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Raise your hand if you didn't see that coming

ill wait 

I guess it makes sense. If the Sport was the original "Real Bronco", then that's why it's going to be ready for for the new real Bronco.... but its existence is creating way too much confusion.

Unfortunately for us and Ford, many in the general public can't figure out the difference between the two.  The more this keeps going on the more I think Ford should have delayed the Sport and announced and released it after the real Bronco.

Just yesterday I read a post from someone saying the Bronco is based on the Escape in a thread discussing and even including pictures of the Bronco.