Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Is it really that confusing or are people just dumb? You literally have to take maybe 15 seconds to read any sort of press release to understand which model is which. Is 15 seconds asking too much?

TL;DR- It's confusing because people are lazy

People are just that dumb

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

And "Bronco Sport" tested better than "Bronco Scout" to ve identifiable as a separate model FFS.

That's your problem,  should have done a few more test groups.  Sport has been a trim name on far too many Ford and other manufacturer vehicles to ever make sense as a unique model name, especially in Bronco context.

Anyone with a brain could have warned them that Sport was a terrible name.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, probowler said:

That's your problem,  should have done a few more test groups.  Sport has been a trim name on far too many Ford and other manufacturer vehicles to ever make sense as a unique model name, especially in Bronco context.

Anyone with a brain could have warned them that Sport was a terrible name.

As crazy as this is, it may have been the most controversial debate internally within the revamped Bronco brand thus far.

4 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

As crazy as this is, it may have been the most controversial debate internally within the revamped Bronco brand thus far.

I believe it... Name is crucial to your products identity, and now look at the debate and trouble we're having.

Bonus Bronco fact, This is the last Bronco Sport that Ford produced. It was no more than an appearance package.

1_1766.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

And "Bronco Sport" tested better than "Bronco Scout" to be identifiable as a separate model FFS.

My guess is because people are used to the Range Rover/Range Rover Sport difference - which people have no issue confusing.

14 hours ago, rmc523 said:

My guess is because people are used to the Range Rover/Range Rover Sport difference - which people have no issue confusing.

It’s the luxury brand thing. People call it by the Brand name, not the nameplate. 

The Bronco vs Bronco Sport is a minor issue  there will be some confusion at first, but in the end it’s really not going to be an issue. Plus what could they call a possible third product?

The Bronco Scout doesn’t really sound all that different from Sport anyways. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

It’s the luxury brand thing. People call it by the Brand name, not the nameplate. 

The Bronco vs Bronco Sport is a minor issue  there will be some confusion at first, but in the end it’s really not going to be an issue. Plus what could they call a possible third product?

The Bronco Scout doesn’t really sound all that different from Sport anyways. 

Ford is not breaking any new grounds here. Lots of different SUVs are marketed under the same name with Sport suffix over the years.

Ranger Rover and Range Rover Sport

Montero and Montero Sport

Outlander and Outlander Sport

Rogue and Rogue Sport

I think once Bronco and Bronco Sport are out on the street, it will be readily apparent that they are different due to the significant size disparity.

Bronco Scout was and ok name. But you are right that it is fundamentally the same as Bronco Sport. And for that matter, so was Bronco II.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Ford is not breaking any new grounds here. Lots of different SUVs are marketed under the same name with Sport suffix over the years.

Ranger Rover and Range Rover Sport

Montero and Montero Sport

Outlander and Outlander Sport

Rogue and Rogue Sport

I think once Bronco and Bronco Sport are out on the street, it will be readily apparent that they are different due to the significant size disparity.

Bronco Scout was and ok name. But you are right that it is fundamentally the same as Bronco Sport. And for that matter, so was Bronco II.

Bronco scout sounds stupid. The Scout name would have been strong enough to stand on its own without the bronco prefix. The ford bronco, ford raptor, and ford scout would have made up ford’s off-road stable.

Sport on the other hand can’t stand on its own. It needs the bronco moniker. I think ford took the easy way out by naming it bronco sport. They wanted the name recognition so they could piggyback it off the real bronco and make extra money off it. It’s not a bad approach in the short term from ford’s perspective. I think in the long run though, Scout could have been more profitable. I think naming it bronco sport has basically set it up to play second fiddle to the real bronco forever. 

if ford had named it just scout, it wouldn’t have had the bronco name to boost sales initially, but over time it would have earned its own reputation, which I think would have brought in even more customers. The scout could have been the “go to” off road vehicle in the sub compact segment, much like the raptor is in full-size trucks. With the bronco name attached to it, it will now always be thought of as the lesser bronco.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Bronco scout sounds stupid. The Scout name would have been strong enough to stand on its own without the bronco prefix. The ford bronco, ford raptor, and ford scout would have made up ford’s off-road stable.

Sport on the other hand can’t stand on its own. It needs the bronco moniker. I think ford took the easy way out by naming it bronco sport. They wanted the name recognition so they could piggyback it off the real bronco and make extra money off it. It’s not a bad approach in the short term from ford’s perspective. I think in the long run though, Scout could have been more profitable. I think naming it bronco sport has basically set it up to play second fiddle to the real bronco forever. 

if ford had named it just scout, it wouldn’t have had the bronco name to boost sales initially, but over time it would have earned its own reputation, which I think would have brought in even more customers. The scout could have been the “go to” off road vehicle in the sub compact segment, much like the raptor is in full-size trucks. With the bronco name attached to it, it will now always be thought of as the lesser bronco.

should have just called it Scout and had the Bronco horse emblem on it to signify it was part of the family.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Is the Sport considered "sub compact"  And if so, how? Isn't it bigger than the 2-door bronco?

1 hour ago, probowler said:

Well there ya go.... Speaking of comparisons, have we seen the baby next to the Bronco yet?

Only in half the press photos...

image.thumb.png.a9ce209fdda17761ae966d8913b8affa.png

---

On a somewhat related note, I saw my first new Defender today - the thing is massive.  The beltline was at eye level in my Mom's 2020 Explorer that I was in.

IMG_8387.jpg

IMG_8386.jpg

I'm guessing you only did a quick search.... but speaking of comparisons, that's not exactly a great photo comparing the 2 different vehicles? Yeah you can see the styling is different, but I'm also interested in how they size up next to each other. Some real life photos of them parked next to each other would be really nice.

16 minutes ago, probowler said:

I'm guessing you only did a quick search.... but speaking of comparisons, that's not exactly a great photo comparing the 2 different vehicles? Yeah you can see the styling is different, but I'm also interested in how they size up next to each other. Some real life photos of them parked next to each other would be really nice.

Is this better?  If not, use google. 

0E984200-22EB-4EA9-99C0-48B628E36BE6.jpeg

• Like 2