Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

46 minutes ago, MY93SHO said:

Even more Moab.

Finally a head to head video. Of course the Jeep guys will say it wasn't fair for reasons x,y, and z, but really this is all just for fun. Both Jeep and Bronco are going to be plenty capable for 95% of people out of the box.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lavien said:

Now that's unexpected and impressive! The Sport is going to sell better than most people expect. 

I agree. For me to be a buyer though, it still needs some work on the interior, needs the 2.0 available in other trims besides badlands, and needs better wheel selections.

1 hour ago, T-dubz said:

I agree. For me to be a buyer though, it still needs some work on the interior, needs the 2.0 available in other trims besides badlands, and needs better wheel selections.

and better towing, at least equal to Escape.

3 hours ago, Lavien said:

Finally a head to head video. Of course the Jeep guys will say it wasn't fair for reasons x,y, and z, but really this is all just for fun. Both Jeep and Bronco are going to be plenty capable for 95% of people out of the box.

Well, remember who produced the video too.  If there were areas the Jeep did better, they are certainly not going to highlight it.  I'm looking forward to the reviewers getting them out there together.

28 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Sandbagging, as in will release better numbers closer to job 1 or just keeping the numbers lower to protect themselves (knowing that it can tow more safely)?

Better numbers at job 1 either by just revising the numbers or offering a separate tow pkg with higher limits.   Based on the underlying platforms it seems it should be higher although the off road tires and suspension make an impact too.   I think there will be other things that they haven't revealed yet.

17 minutes ago, akirby said:

Better numbers at job 1 either by just revising the numbers or offering a separate tow pkg with higher limits.   Based on the underlying platforms it seems it should be higher although the off road tires and suspension make an impact too.   I think there will be other things that they haven't revealed yet.

As I mentioned earlier, towing is not the purpose for Bronco. It can do it but if you need a serious tow vehicle, that's what F-series is for. Maybe Expedition if you need a 3rd row. 

4 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

As I mentioned earlier, towing is not the purpose for Bronco. It can do it but if you need a serious tow vehicle, that's what F-series is for. Maybe Expedition if you need a 3rd row. 

When Ranger does 7k and Explorer does 5K, 3500 is low.  Not a deal breaker for most but again seems too low by comparison.

2 hours ago, probowler said:

I feel like it should be able to at least tow it's own weight. an off-road 4x4 like the bronco should also be able to tow a small camping trailer.

I don't see a problem.  The very largest popup campers, with side pull outs come in at just about 3500lbs.  The largest off-road, lifted versions of popups are lighter yet 3000- 3300lbs.

A nice mid-sized modern popup, standard or off- road, can easily be <3000lbs with everything you need and more.  

The Wrangler/4Runner crowd here in the Mtn West are all about those roof mounted tents.  See a lot more of that set-up than Wranglers pulling RV's.  Anyone trying to pull >3500lbs over the Continental Divide (10k-12k Ft above sea level) really needs to be using a well equipped truck. 

Edited by Kev-Mo
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kev-Mo said:

I don't see a problem.  The very largest popup campers, with side pull outs come in at just about 3500lbs.  The largest off-road, lifted versions of popups are lighter yet 3000- 3300lbs.

A nice mid-sized modern popup, standard or off- road, can easily be <3000lbs with everything you need and more.  

The Wrangler/4Runner crowd here in the Mtn West are all about those roof mounted tents.  See a lot more of that set-up than Wranglers pulling RV's.  Anyone trying to pull >3500lbs over the Continental Divide (10k-12k Ft above sea level) really needs to be using a well equipped truck. 

For sure, I'm not worried about the trailer aspect,  I'd just like the option of towing my Sasquatch Bronco with my base Bronco

photo.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, akirby said:

When Ranger does 7k and Explorer does 5K, 3500 is low.  Not a deal breaker for most but again seems too low by comparison.

Maybe they will come out with tow package on Bronco to raise the limit but can't combine with Sasquatch. That should solve a lot of the drivetrain durability concern.

As for Bronco Sport... not sure why it is different than Escape. Like you said, the tires doesn't account for all the difference. 

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

Maybe they will come out with tow package on Bronco to raise the limit but can't combine with Sasquatch. That should solve a lot of the drivetrain durability concern.

As for Bronco Sport... not sure why it is different than Escape. Like you said, the tires doesn't account for all the difference. 

Bronco is currently a class II.  I’d expect a class III towing package with 5K lbs.