Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Warthog sounds a little ridiculous, almost like they are trying to counter “Hellcat”.  I suppose I take a reserved approach when it comes to trim names.  I would prefer XL, XLT, FX4, etc rather than trim names such as Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond and so on (especially considering the trims include some stupid $2 sticker on the front fenders).  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Warthog sounds a little ridiculous, almost like they are trying to counter “Hellcat”.  I suppose I take a reserved approach when it comes to trim names.  I would prefer XL, XLT, FX4, etc rather than trim names such as Base, Big Bend, Black Diamond and so on (especially considering the trims include some stupid $2 sticker on the front fenders).  

Those stickers are terrible. I don’t understand it. How much money are you really saving from going from plastic to a sticker? Maybe a few pennies?  Slap one of these in its place and be done with it.61wucb8hTNL._AC_SS350_.jpg2021-ford-bronco-clack-badge-logo-emblem

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

If the Warthog is truly competing in the Hellcat realm, then it deserves the bombastic moniker. We're talking top of the line, ultimate performance and capability. You can't just call such a model the Platinum deluxe, or whatever.

That said, I do agree with you with on the regular trim names. Big bend, etc it's just a little ridiculous. I still don't remember what the fuck is what, what order is higher, etc.  But with custom, XL, XLT you know what you're getting.

Edited by probowler
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, akirby said:

Warthog is the production name.  The media keep calling it Raptor because that’s all they know.

Right when Jeep thought it had Bronco covered, a next level version is on the way.

Some days, it's good to be a Ford fan and see combinations that stir desires in  people, 

the kind they never though were even possible from Ford.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, probowler said:

If the Warthog is truly competing in the Hellcat realm, then it deserves the bombastic moniker. We're talking top of the line, ultimate performance and capability. You can't just call such a model the Platinum deluxe, or whatever.

That said, I do agree with you with on the regular trim names. Big bend, etc it's just a little ridiculous. I still don't remember what the fuck is what, what order is higher, etc.  But with custom, XL, XLT you know what you're getting.

No.  There' no inherent pattern/hierarchy to "custom, XL, XLT" other than the fact that Ford's used that nomenclature for decades, so THAT'S how you know what they mean.

Had Ford used Big Bend, Outer Banks, and Wildtrak for decades, you'd know exactly where they were in the hierarchy too.  They specifically wanted a different nomenclature for Bronco, and folks that will buy one will know what's what.

36 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yeah when I think of awesome off-road vehicles,  an airplane is the first thing that comes to mind.  

What else are they supposed to name it after?  Bigfoot?   Oh wait.... ?

• Like 4

12 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Those stickers are terrible. I don’t understand it. How much money are you really saving from going from plastic to a sticker? Maybe a few pennies?  Slap one of these in its place and be done with it.61wucb8hTNL._AC_SS350_.jpg2021-ford-bronco-clack-badge-logo-emblem

Same reason why the Wrangler's trim levels are stickers...

Think about it. Rubicon, Mohave, etc are just stickers on the hood. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

They’re not just trim levels, they’re also design themes.  And you obviously haven’t seen the hype they’ve generated with potential Bronco buyers.  Very smart marketing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akirby said:

They’re not just trim levels, they’re also design themes.  And you obviously haven’t seen the hype they’ve generated with potential Bronco buyers.  Very smart marketing.

I’m one of those Bronco buyers so yes I do have an opinion that matters.  And in my opinion, these are trims (you can cal them what you want),  and I am not all that certain that these trims are generating “hype”.  The Bronco name and it’s history are generating the “hype”.  

2 hours ago, akirby said:

So was mine!

Technically it's a Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II ? It was named after the P-47 Thunderbolt-a previous Republic aircraft, though I think Boeing is taking care of it now. 

Warthog was an unofficial nickname the pilots gave it, just like the F-16 Falcon (well was Fighting Falcon) is called a Viper-a name it got from the original Battlestar Galactica in 1977. 

3 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Technically it's a Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II ? It was named after the P-47 Thunderbolt-a previous Republic aircraft, though I think Boeing is taking care of it now. 

Warthog was an unofficial nickname the pilots gave it, just like the F-16 Falcon (well was Fighting Falcon) is called a Viper-a name it got from the original Battlestar Galactica in 1977. 

I see them flying around occasionally out of Selfridge. They did a flyover salute for healthcare workers during the peak of covid 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I’m one of those Bronco buyers so yes I do have an opinion that matters.  And in my opinion, these are trims (you can cal them what you want),  and I am not all that certain that these trims are generating “hype”.  The Bronco name and it’s history are generating the “hype”.  

I only follow one Bronco Facebook group and the hype is unreal.

And these aren’t traditional trim levels.  E.g. you can add mid, high, lux or Sasquatch packages to each trim level.

3 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Your point?  You are the one who asks “what is off-road about a bucking Bronco?”....I answered, and yes Mustangs run wild, Broncos buck wild.  So yeah the brand name fits the vehicle.  

I could explain it but you’re not going to agree so forget it.

3 minutes ago, akirby said:

I only follow one Bronco Facebook group and the hype is unreal.

And these aren’t traditional trim levels.  E.g. you can add mid, high, lux or Sasquatch packages to each trim level.

I’m aware of the packages, has nothing to do with so called hype around the trim levels.  I do not follow Bronco Facebook groups, nor am I hyped to take delivery of a trim level named “Outer Banks” next year.  I’m hyped to take delivery of a new Bronco.