Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

27 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Technically it's a Republic A-10 Thunderbolt II ? It was named after the P-47 Thunderbolt-a previous Republic aircraft, though I think Boeing is taking care of it now. 

Warthog was an unofficial nickname the pilots gave it, just like the F-16 Falcon (well was Fighting Falcon) is called a Viper-a name it got from the original Battlestar Galactica in 1977. 

I live in northern Michigan several miles from Camp Grayling, which is the home of the Michigan National Guard.  As they say, it's a full-spectrum base with an active airbase.  i see, and hear, Warthogs every day when they're up here practicing.  They make the mist distinctive noise when they fire their anti-tank guns.  Cool and ominous.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

I’m aware of the packages, has nothing to do with so called hype around the trim levels.  I do not follow Bronco Facebook groups, nor am I hyped to take delivery of a trim level named “Outer Banks” next year.  I’m hyped to take delivery of a new Bronco.  

So if you’re not hyped then nobody is hyped.  Got it.

20 minutes ago, akirby said:

So if you’re not hyped then nobody is hyped.  Got it.

Lol.  Did I say nobody is hyped?   Let me answer that for you...no.   A Facebook group is hyped about trims named Base, Big Bens, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, Wildtrack, First Edition?  I’m sure the majority of folks dropping $35-60k on a Bronco are indeed NOT hyped about trim names, but are hyped about taking delivery of a new Bronco.  I am one of those folks, are you?

55 minutes ago, mackinaw said:

I live in northern Michigan several miles from Camp Grayling, which is the home of the Michigan National Guard.  As they say, it's a full-spectrum base with an active airbase.  i see, and hear, Warthogs every day when they're up here practicing.  They make the mist distinctive noise when they fire their anti-tank guns.  Cool and ominous.

Brrrrt brrrrt

so cool to hear. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I never cared for the trims either. None of those names mean anything to me. Jeep has had their trim names for years and I still don’t know what they are. XL, XLT and Lariat has a simplicity to it, good, better, best. All of the other stuff could just have been made into packages. I would be just as happy to have a Bronco XLT with waterproof package and off-road equipment package as I would be to have a Bronco black diamond.

It might have been cool to get rid of trims all together. Just have bronco, and then most everything else would be in small package groups with a few options being stand alone. Build the bronco your way. Keeps the focus on Bronco and not the trims.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 2

Just now, T-dubz said:

I never cared for the trims either. None of those names mean anything to me. Jeep has had their trim names for years and I still don’t know what they are. XL, XLT and Lariat has a simplicity to it, good, better, best. All of the other stuff could just have been made into packages. I would be just as happy to have a Bronco XLT with waterproof package and off-road equipment package as I would be to a Bronco black diamond.

It might have been cool to get rid of trims all together. Just have bronco, and then most everything else would be in small package groups with a few options being stand alone. Build the bronco your way. Keeps the focus on Bronco and not the trims.

Yep.  The only reason why I will order the “Outer Banks” trim is because it includes the options I want.  It could be called XLT or Lariat for all I care.  It’s a Bronco, and that makes it special, not the so called “hyped” trim names.  

7 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If you ever need proof that you can never please everyone and that people will literally argue over everything, look no further than this conversation about fucking trim names 

JFC 

So true.  Enthusiast forum and a single member that doesn’t understand the point of opinions.  There is no argument from me.  I am ordering a Bronco.  I don’t like the trim names.  Akirby decides that everyone must agree with his opinion that trim names are creating so much hype (based on some FB group he follows).  Trying to understand how you can even have a constructive discussion here without agreeing with Akirby.  Oh wait...now it’s an “argument”.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mackinaw said:

05D448A8-11B4-4FEA-AF4A-B4E95903D466.jpeg.45ee5e59dcba0b442dea64d2a7843d43.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

A Facebook group is hyped about trims named Base, Big Bens, Black Diamond, Outer Banks, Wildtrack, First Edition?  I’m sure the majority of folks dropping $35-60k on a Bronco are indeed NOT hyped about trim names, but are hyped about taking delivery of a new Bronco.  

CB07A49C-6070-4BE6-B4E7-09250D82CB72.jpeg

Just now, akirby said:

If that poll said 165000 you’d still claim it wasn’t true.  

Keep posting those FB surveys.  Remember, I don’t care for the trim names and I’m fairly certain there are other folks who share the same opinion.  Your attempt at persuading others to share your opinion is comical.  Are you ordering a Bronco?   

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

The package names are far less important than  people getting what they want in terms of equipment and features.

They’re important if they attract more buyers and gets buyers more excited and willing to pay full price.  Just like the John Bronco movie and all the other promotional things.  It’s a genius marketing plan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akirby said:

They’re important if they attract more buyers and gets buyers more excited and willing to pay full price.  Just like the John Bronco movie and all the other promotional things.  It’s a genius marketing plan.

Yes 100% and personally, I think the names are good and hit their marks.

What I mean by the names being far less important is that people who don't like the names shouldn't

get hung up on that, the equipment and features backing up the names is what really matters.

Edited by jpd80

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

What I mean by the names being far less important is that people who don't like the names shouldn't

get hung up on that, the equipment and features backing up the names is what really matters.

Of course, names won’t overcome vehicle shortcomings, but if you get the vehicle right and a great marketing plan which includes all of the factory accessories that will be available it’s a home run.

Over at 6g, someone at the Colorado event asked the ford rep about the white roof. His response was that there would be more details about roof and interior options coming out this week. Could that mean build and price is coming out or possibly some other media release? Were there any embargoes ending this coming up week?

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

Over at 6g, someone at the Colorado event asked the ford rep about the white roof. His response was that there would be more details about roof and interior options coming out this week. Could that mean build and price is coming out or possibly some other media release? Were there any embargoes ending this coming up week?

I've been *promised* three dates that B&P was to be up,  all have come and gone.  I can only assume they're still adjusting prices based on feedback... and hopefully addressing the rendering error on the rear bumper. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, T-dubz said:

I never cared for the trims either. None of those names mean anything to me. Jeep has had their trim names for years and I still don’t know what they are. XL, XLT and Lariat has a simplicity to it, good, better, best. All of the other stuff could just have been made into packages. I would be just as happy to have a Bronco XLT with waterproof package and off-road equipment package as I would be to have a Bronco black diamond.

Like I said previously, there's nothing inherently "logical" about XL, XLT, Lariat, they've just been around a long time so you know what they are.

On Bronco's trim names - I'd agree that nobody's buying a Bronco so they can have an "Outer Banks", but using trim names like that point to them paying attention to Bronco's target market and features that those kind of buyers want.

18 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If you ever need proof that you can never please everyone and that people will literally argue over everything, look no further than this conversation about fucking trim names 

JFC 

Oh if you think those two are bad, you don't even want to be at 6g.  It's getting to the point where it's nearly not even enjoyable to browse there because of so much complaining about every little thing - ESPECIALLY the First Edition folks who don't seem to understand the concept that a limited edition model has limited appearance options.  (the complaints about the FE's blue interior are endless).

17 hours ago, akirby said:

CB07A49C-6070-4BE6-B4E7-09250D82CB72.jpeg

May have to make a poll on 6g out of curiosity.

2 hours ago, T-dubz said:

The way those answered were framed, it sounded like they're going to do some sort of color walkaround perhaps finally talking about production interior finishes and whatnot.

• Like 1