Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

11 minutes ago, akirby said:

That Facebook group has 30k members and a large percentage of them have actually ordered or plan to buy a Bronco.  Their opinions are just as valid as yours.

Wait..we can order a Bronco (non Sport) now?  News to me.  I’m hyped to know that you finally realize other opinions matter (although I’m certain the only opinions that matter are those that agree with your narrative) ?

29 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Wait..we can order a Bronco (non Sport) now?  News to me.  I’m hyped to know that you finally realize other opinions matter (although I’m certain the only opinions that matter are those that agree with your narrative) ?

You know exactly what I meant and what I said originally was that buyers and potential buyers were hyped over the trim names.  And you implied they weren’t because you didn’t like them.  You’re the one discounting other people’s opinion, not me.  All you had to say was that you didn’t like the trim names and leave it at that.

And now you’ll claim you never said any of that and I’m not going down that rabbit hole.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, akirby said:

You know exactly what I meant and what I said originally was that buyers and potential buyers were hyped over the trim names.  And you implied they weren’t because you didn’t like them.  You’re the one discounting other people’s opinion, not me.  All you had to say was that you didn’t like the trim names and leave it at that.

And now you’ll claim you never said any of that and I’m not going down that rabbit hole.

Correct, I said potential buyers aren’t hyped by trim names.  The Bronco name is creating the hype, not the trim names.  If you believe otherwise because it fits your narrative, good for you.  But again, the reason I am placing a Bronco order in December is because of the content and the vehicle itself, not because of a trim name.  

35 minutes ago, akirby said:

Paging @PREMiERdrum ......

Seems way too early for Warthog.

Well going on previous discussions-

The 2021MY production will likely stretch into Spring 2022 to get all the orders done.

I can see Ford running 2022MY Broncos from April til November of 2022 and then launching the 2023 Bronco and Bronco Warthog in December 2022/January 2023. 

2023 is only 15 months away

19 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The 2021MY production will likely stretch into Spring 2022 to get all the orders done.

I can see Ford running 2022MY Broncos from April til November of 2022 and then launching the 2023 Bronco and Bronco Warthog in December 2022/January 2023. 

I doubt Ford will be building 2021 models in spring 2022. Any unfilled 2021 orders will likely just get pushed to the 2022 model. I can see Ford bringing out the 2023 model in early 2022, maybe January.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

It is against the law to build a 2021MY vehicle in 2022CY.  After Jan 1, 2022 they must be building 2022MY vehicles. The soonest a 2022 MY Vehicle could be sold is Jan 1, 2021. (Though production could start before that) 

Edited by jasonj80

33 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

It is against the law to build a 2021MY vehicle in 2022CY.  After Jan 1, 2022 they must be building 2022MY vehicles. The soonest a 2022 MY Vehicle could be sold is Jan 1, 2021. (Though production could start before that) 

Ok I goofed it up...I forgot that normally new models start in the fall/winter of the preceding year-for example a 2013 starts production in fall/winter of 2012.

So basically when the Bronco goes into production next Spring (2021) they can only build it as a 2021 til December of next year?

IMO Ford is doing themselves an injustice...they are releasing "special models" prior to the mainstream...I think they should have waited a bit.,...I perceive several cancelled reservations...but hey, given the huge overage of numbers vs supply...my guess is they don't really care...

13 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Ok I goofed it up...I forgot that normally new models start in the fall/winter of the preceding year-for example a 2013 starts production in fall/winter of 2012.

So basically when the Bronco goes into production next Spring (2021) they can only build it as a 2021 til December of next year?

Correct, which is why I think they'll do with it what they did with 2015 Edge and only do a 4-6 month production run for MY2021. 

6 minutes ago, Deanh said:

IMO Ford is doing themselves an injustice...they are releasing "special models" prior to the mainstream...I think they should have waited a bit.,...I perceive several cancelled reservations...but hey, given the huge overage of numbers vs supply...my guess is they don't really care...

If those cancelled reservations results in a reservation for a higher dollar vehicle (and thus a more profitable one) then I can assure you they really DGAF. Keeps interest up and results in more high dollar sales, It's a win-win.

9 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

If those cancelled reservations results in a reservation for a higher dollar vehicle (and thus a more profitable one) then I can assure you they really DGAF. Keeps interest up and results in more high dollar sales, It's a win-win.

heres the issue though...there WILL be addendums on the Warthog if its like any other severely restricted supply...And with limited supply there will be a bunch that literally miss out...personally OI think they should have waited, but I guess it keeps the hype up...

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

Oh the 6g folks are already going nuts.

Reality is, they're going to have people complain either way - releasing it now means "oh I'll cancel and wait (with potential price shock later)", releasing later means folks now with regular ones may complain about missing out on it.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Correct, which is why I think they'll do with it what they did with 2015 Edge and only do a 4-6 month production run for MY2021. 

Makes sense to me - at this point they'll have to, unless they decide to somehow change them all to 2022s.

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

heres the issue though...there WILL be addendums on the Warthog if its like any other severely restricted supply...And with limited supply there will be a bunch that literally miss out...personally OI think they should have waited, but I guess it keeps the hype up...

In absence of B&P, I guess this is what they show lol.

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

one thing Im getting a kick out of....the sheer numbers of reservations for base 2 doors!

I figured they'd be high the first year or two and then fall off a cliff to Wrangler percentages once initial demand is filled.

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yes, well or just make them all 2022’s. However that would mess with Fords CAFE numbers. 

13 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I'm trying to tell you without saying it.

Given the shit show that the Bronco launch has been for almost the past five years between it getting leaked early then the stupid announcement at the Detroit auto show in 2017...it would be nice if something comes faster then expected 

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1