Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

So the base doesn’t come with the center console grab handle. Does anyone know if that is something you can add later? I know they are interchangeable on other trims but I didn’t know if the eliminated the ability to add them or not. The two handles on the dash are there. It seems like a weird thing to leave out.
1599880503718-png.35223

5 hours ago, T-dubz said:

So the base doesn’t come with the center console grab handle. Does anyone know if that is something you can add later? I know they are interchangeable on other trims but I didn’t know if the eliminated the ability to add them or not. The two handles on the dash are there. It seems like a weird thing to leave out.
1599880503718-png.35223

As long as the bronco bolts are there you should be able to add it.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Here's the thing though, aside from the man hours testing it and whatever engineering work is needed (likely not a ton) it's not going to cost them a thing to do it so why not? 

I agree and it will give the die hards something to be happy about. However, the stats that led Ford not to offer it in the first place are probably correct.

Edited by jcartwright99

43 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Here's the thing though, aside from the man hours testing it and whatever engineering work is needed (likely not a ton) it's not going to cost them a thing to do it so why not? 

i'm wondering if the gearing will have to be changed at all...that is the only major thing outside of clutches being burnt out on it. 

17 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

i'm wondering if the gearing will have to be changed at all...that is the only major thing outside of clutches being burnt out on it. 

This.

The 7MT is a new-to-Ford gearbox and they were hesitant to launch this. I think take rate will likely crater after a year or two but good on them for listening and reacting.

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

This.

The 7MT is a new-to-Ford gearbox and they were hesitant to launch this. I think take rate will likely crater after a year or two but good on them for listening and reacting.

I imagine it'll have a similar "take line" (if we're looking at a line graph) as the 2 door - high in the first year or two, then cratering down to something similar to Wrangler numbers after.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah but counterpoint, did they have to change any gearing for the automatic? 

Far easier to control torque with an automatic, since everything can be controlled by ECU-think Torque mitigation for FWD 3.5L Ecoboost applications.

Not so much with manual-and I'd think that with the crawler gearing, that might present some challenges. 

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Far easier to control torque with an automatic, since everything can be controlled by ECU-think Torque mitigation for FWD 3.5L Ecoboost applications.

Not so much with manual-and I'd think that with the crawler gearing, that might present some challenges. 

This is why engineers exist 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

Geez, what's the crawl ratio on that thing?  Anybody know the ratio of first gear on the 7-speed tranny? What about low range on the transfer case?  We're looking at maybe a 60-70:1 crawl ratio.

I don't remember what the actual ratio is but it's low enough for you to be able to engage it and never have to touch the clutch once it's engaged. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fordmantpw said:

Geez, what's the crawl ratio on that thing?  Anybody know the ratio of first gear on the 7-speed tranny? What about low range on the transfer case?  We're looking at maybe a 60-70:1 crawl ratio.

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/1129017_here-s-how-the-2021-ford-bronco-s-crawler-gear-works#:~:text=In the Bronco%2C the crawler,the gearing of driveline components.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SoonerLS said:

And see how happy I am? 

I'd be happy too if Ford offered me what I wanted,  and if they didn't I'd probably ask them do do so.

You should give the die hards a little more credit, the people who have been on bronco forums all these years, and constantly kept the Bronco name alive are partly why we're here right now.