Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

11 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

saw those...is the mish mash of colors indicative of different steels or alloys being used in different places?...fuzzy?...

5 minutes ago, Deanh said:

saw those...is the mish mash of colors indicative of different steels or alloys being used in different places?...fuzzy?...

I think the yellow plastic is put there to protect the paint/body while they work on it.

Edited by T-dubz
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deanh said:

What t-dubz said. However there is a black appliqué over the B and C pillars that for some reason I don't remember seeing on any of the pictures of the prototypes. I'm not surprised they’re there though, it covers up a lot of what would otherwise be exposed welds. 

41 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

What t-dubz said. However there is a black appliqué over the B and C pillars that for some reason I don't remember seeing on any of the pictures of the prototypes. I'm not surprised they’re there though, it covers up a lot of what would otherwise be exposed welds. 

I hope you guys do a great job and there are no glitches when it’s time for Mass Production job 1! A successful Bronco launch is critical for  this corporation. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Anyone know that those baffle looking things are behind the spare tire? Just baffles to make the car quieter so air doesn't get caught behind the wheel?

I think it is just a vent to equalize the air pressure inside the cabin with outside - so basically when you slam the door shut, it doesn't blow out a window. Every car has them hidden in different places - usually on the C-pillars or in the foot well. I guess on the Bronco is on the tailgate (make sense it is not on the pillar because removable top)

Edited by bzcat

6 hours ago, bzcat said:

I think it is just a vent to equalize the air pressure inside the cabin with outside - so basically when you slam the door shut, it doesn't blow out a window. Every car has them hidden in different places - usually on the C-pillars or in the foot well. I guess on the Bronco is on the tailgate (make sense it is not on the pillar because removable top)

My Rubicon has that.  The bad part is that on a dusty road with the windows closed and no A/C or fan on, dust is drawn in through that vent and accumulates in the rear storage area.

23 hours ago, bzcat said:

Yes. trucks are on the back of the cab. Most anything with a plastic bumper cover will have them hidden under it below the tail light. Some have more than one per side depending on the requirement.

7 hours ago, mackinaw said:

Nothing but admiration for those working on the line.  Looking at all of the complexities involved in making a vehicle, can't be an easy job.

Some jobs are better than others. The last job I had in Final was door panels and it was one of the best jobs on door line. Only had to do every other car and I wasn't tied to a stop box so I could work ahead a little bit and had time to drink coffee or have a snack once and a while. The job I had before that was one of the worst on door line. Small piece of trim that was very hard to snap into place and was murder on my hands and 4 small screws, two of which were on the bottom of the door panel, at a weird angle and impossible to see. You had to shoot them blindly. 

Body shop on the other hand, there's really no bad job in there. Even hanging doors isn't that bad I just got tired of it and decided it was time to bump somewhere else. The only area I want nothing to do with is metal finishing line. Too many things to keep track of, too many reasons for management to hang around and I would rather just be left alone to do my thing.  

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mackinaw said:

Nothing but admiration for those working on the line.  Looking at all of the complexities involved in making a vehicle, can't be an easy job.

I really amazes me how many tens of thousands of pieces have to come together precisely in a specific order to make one and how they're able to do it!

Thanks fuzzy and plant friends!  haha.

• Like 2

Granger Ford posted this on Bronco6g.com after the dealer meeting.  Every reservation converted to an order will be allocated to the dealer as predicted.

Here is what I can share from the dealer meeting...

Do not let the word allocation confuse you, it is not the old way of allocating vehicles it is based on how many reservations convert to orders...

The more ordered conversions the more allocation is the simplest way of putting it... 

With most of ours coming from B6G and the passion to own it only helps to bolster our numbers...

October 2020 Build and Price goes live (you already know that)

Reservation conversion will start in December 2020 and will be 40 to 50 day open...

Reservation cutoff (for new reservations) will be in January 2021

Ford plans are to build all Bronco orders in the 2021 model year...

They even mentioned that some dealers have managed to drive reservations in unique ways...

Wonder who they are talking about??? image.gif.dc82894d61eb9749fec1c8abfcaa1801.gif 

Ford wants us to order the vehicles in the reservation time stamp order so we will...

• Arrange all orders by the time stamp in early November
  • When WBDO opens up start entering them in
  • Then Ford can make sure the commodities are in alignment with valid orders coming in...

There are severe penalties for dealers that do not deliver the Broncos to the person that has reserved and ordered the Bronco...

Will not comment on what the penalties are but we do not want any part of them...

Customers will receive from Ford an estimated delivery window late in the first Quarter of 2021...

This is all that I can inform you all from what we were given...

• Like 1