Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Ford Offered to Rescue That Jeep Wrangler Stuck on a Bike Trail

stuck-jeep-ford-hero.jpg?quality=70&widt

By now, you might think the story of the most famous stuck Jeep Wrangler in the world is complete after last night's daring recovery operation pulled it back from the brink. But no. This one's got some layers, folks. We've now confirmed that the Ford Motor Company wanted to mount a rescue effort and document it for potential use in a video that probably wouldn't please Jeep—gee, wonder why.

Edited by probowler
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Meanwhile, there's this 

Looks spotless over there at MAP. Thanks for the video. Are those people Pico people. When the edge started up in 2006 there was a ton of pico guys in here with their computers. I’m sure launch team is there too.

20 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't remember what the actual name is but think of them as automation engineers 

We run pretty steady for the most part some nights are bad as equipment is older here. Ya I believe pico was the company that dealt with the set up of the automation. Well once of them at least, also State puts a lot of stuff together here too. Builds cells and stuff. 

38 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

We run pretty steady for the most part some nights are bad as equipment is older here. Ya I believe pico was the company that dealt with the set up of the automation. Well once of them at least, also State puts a lot of stuff together here too. Builds cells and stuff. 

My sister's fiancé works for Kuka. He literally helped build the Bronco underbody line, which is the line I signed up for without even knowing that. Small world. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't remember what the actual name is but think of them as automation engineers 

My first job out of college, I worked as an IT contractor at Nachi Robotics in Novi. They reconditioned and reprogrammed a lot of robots there. Pretty sure I worked with a few automation engineers. I always thought of them as the choreographers of the floor. How they kept lines in synch, I have no idea. 

15 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

My first job out of college, I worked as an IT contractor at Nachi Robotics in Novi. They reconditioned and reprogrammed a lot of robots there. Pretty sure I worked with a few automation engineers. I always thought of them as the choreographers of the floor. How they kept lines in synch, I have no idea. 

The body and paint guys definitely have their work cut out for them. With final once things really get rolling there's usually not too many things they need to do so their jobs can get pretty easy from what I understand. Though every once and a while something happens and they need to call someone from body over to help get things rolling again. Happened a few years ago when we had a once in a century rainstorm and flooding that took out a bunch of power supplies for the plant and it was all hands on deck to get it running again that was a fun night. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My sister's fiancé works for Kuka. He literally helped build the Bronco underbody line, which is the line I signed up for without even knowing that. Small world. 

Yep Kuka is a major robotics company for Ford as is Fanuc from what I see in here. Ya quite the coincidence isn’t it. 

The side profile needs to be lowered in the next redesign. It looks really goofy with the tiny greenhouse up top. I would say it needs to go down almost to that first big line running across the vehicle to look proportional. Or at least raise the roof slightly higher to compensate.

Edited by probowler

7 minutes ago, probowler said:

The side profile needs to be lowered in the next redesign. It looks really goofy with the tiny greenhouse up top. I would say it needs to go down almost to that first big line running across the vehicle to look proportional. Or at least raise the roof slightly higher to compensate.

The only picture where I thought that the belt line was a bit high was this one, but I think that’s due to the guy being short. I think it looks about right in all the other pics I’ve seen.

2021 Bronco 2 inch lift kit 37 inch tires.jpg

Maybe getting rid of that uptick behind the door might help a bit. Here is a render without it. I think both ways look good.20200918_204912-jpg.38428

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

The only picture where I thought that the belt line was a bit high was this one, but I think that’s due to the guy being short. I think it looks about right in all the other pics I’ve seen.

2021 Bronco 2 inch lift kit 37 inch tires.jpg

Maybe getting rid of that uptick behind the door might help a bit. Here is a render without it. I think both ways look good.20200918_204912-jpg.38428

That's a nice render. Part of the problem, especially with the top off you have the lower internal structure exposed above the much taller body.  It's not quite as bad with the roof on (I'm still not a fan) but it's exaggerated when you remove the roof, which is disappointing.

It will be interesting to see the new Bronco next to the old one!

1966-Ford-Bronco-U13-Orange-11.24.18-12.