Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

4 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

The ratings the Canadians use is more or less identical to what I saw on the EPA site...I wonder what has changed so much on the Bronco Sport that its losing over 5 MPG highway vs the AWD Escape. 

Tires and frontal area (aerodynamics)

I remember early tests with Ranger with the big FX-4 tires, similar to Colorado ZR-2, they lost 3-4 mpg on the highway.

Sorry, autocorrect is driving me nuts...

Edited by jpd80

11 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Tires and frontal area (aerodynamics)

I remember early tests with Ranger with the big FX-4 tires, similar to Colorado ZR-2, they lost 3-4 mpg on the highway.

Sorry, autocorrect is driving me nuts...

Tire size between the BS and SEL Escape is the same size. I can see maybe an MPG or two due to low resistance tires on the Escape. 

2 hours ago, akirby said:

I lost 2 mpg on my Fusion when I changed tire brands,

I can vouch for that, My Mustang did the same thing. But also I noticed that Escape is said to have AWD and the refer to Bronco sport as 4WD, so maybe the heavy duty driveline system causes friction that uses more gas at highway speeds, as it seems to damage highway milage more. Also is there a huge difference in curb weight between the two? That would also cause a huge discrepancy.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I really think gearing has a lot to do with it. Bronco Sport is likely to have taller gear ratios than the Escape for better off road capabilities. 

2.0 EB AWD has 3.81:1 final drive in BS and Escape.

I think it's a combination of several factors but if you look at it, the highway FE  takes a big hit.

Edited by jpd80

Anyone else listening to the Bronco Podcast? Its really good...biggest thing I learned from it was the Iceland Connection that was in John Bronco and it more or less confirms the rumors about the Bronco we've had here for the 15 years or so. The only surprise to me was the "Millennial Bronco", which I think never got leaked out

https://broncopodcast.ford.com/Y2020/default.aspx

42 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Anyone else listening to the Bronco Podcast? Its really good...biggest thing I learned from it was the Iceland Connection that was in John Bronco and it more or less confirms the rumors about the Bronco we've had here for the 15 years or so. The only surprise to me was the "Millennial Bronco", which I think never got leaked out

https://broncopodcast.ford.com/Y2020/default.aspx

I started it but I'm behind on so many other podcasts I haven't caught up with it yet. These short days at work aren't helping 

1 minute ago, silvrsvt said:

TBH this the first one i've ever listened to...at least a series. 

I have 2 daily ones I listen to (though one is a podcast of a radio show so usually I catch that one live) and a few weekly ones. The daily ones are both 2 hours long. One of them sometimes gets to be close to 3 hours. 

19 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I have 2 daily ones I listen to (though one is a podcast of a radio show so usually I catch that one live) and a few weekly ones. The daily ones are both 2 hours long. One of them sometimes gets to be close to 3 hours. 

BBB is only 20-30 minutes, so easy to catch up on then LOL 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

BBB is only 20-30 minutes, so easy to catch up on then LOL 

hard to do when my live show runs from 7am to 9am and I'm usually being let out of work at 8-8:30. If they weren't time sensitive podcasts (one is a news/political show and the other talks a lot about current events and pop culture) I wouldn't be so neurotic about staying up to date on them. 

And then there's my weekly NASCAR podcast I don't like to fall too far behind on and Who Are These Podcasts? which has become can't miss for me. I have one more 5 day a week show that's currently on hiatus while the host deals with some serious health issues (not covid) if/when that comes back is also one that talks a lot of news and current events. Lord help me if Dinner with Racers drops another batch of episodes. 

I have a problem ?

Edited by fuzzymoomoo