Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

I wonder if Ford is going to enforce the 6 month ownership rule on the Bronco as it is very plausible that if you had an early reservation you could flip it for considerably more money.

As for the X-plan, how many people are not going to buy one because it costs them $2,000 more than with no X-plan? A/D/X/Z are good discounts but they are no where as good as they used to be, however it is nice that Aunt/Uncle, Niece/Nephew are now included for A/Z as well. 

10 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

I wonder if Ford is going to enforce the 6 month ownership rule on the Bronco as it is very plausible that if you had an early reservation you could flip it for considerably more money.

As for the X-plan, how many people are not going to buy one because it costs them $2,000 more than with no X-plan? A/D/X/Z are good discounts but they are no where as good as they used to be, however it is nice that Aunt/Uncle, Niece/Nephew are now included for A/Z as well. 

You talking about the rule they had for GT buyers? Not applicable here, that was part of a contract Ford required buyers to sign upon purchase. You can do that with a $450k halo car  that has a high level exclusivity. Good luck getting 200k+ Bronco buyers to agree to that. 

12 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Why aren't they as good of a deal anymore? Curious. 

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Why aren't they as good of a deal anymore? Curious. 

I didn’t think A/Z/D had changed.  I thought those were still roughly 4% below dealer invoice.

X plan used to be 0.4% (about $150) below invoice.  A few years ago they added $275 so it’s roughly $150 over invoice.  Still a good deal.

30 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

You talking about the rule they had for GT buyers? Not applicable here, that was part of a contract Ford required buyers to sign upon purchase. You can do that with a $450k halo car  that has a high level exclusivity. Good luck getting 200k+ Bronco buyers to agree to that. 

You agree to the 6 month rule every time you use a PIN number for a vehicle purchase. That’s rule has been part of the plan for 20+ years. It used to also apply to the B-lot purchases when Ford operated that as well but the dealers around Detroit put an end to the B-lot.

Titling eligibility is as follows:

Vehicles must be retained in the customer's possession and registered as provided
above for at least six months from the date of purchase or lease.

6. How long do I have to keep an A-Plan vehicle?

You must keep an A-Plan vehicle in your possession and registered in your name for at least six months from the date of purchase or lease.

Edited by jasonj80

22 minutes ago, akirby said:

I didn’t think A/Z/D had changed.  I thought those were still roughly 4% below dealer invoice.

X plan used to be 0.4% (about $150) below invoice.  A few years ago they added $275 so it’s roughly $150 over invoice.  Still a good deal.

The difference is the gap between invoice and sticker price has gotten narrower over the years.  Plans however do usually get a few additional cash rebates.. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

Not a chance.

---

Even though x-plan may not be a huge difference, it's just a way Ford is pissing off reservation holders, as everyone figured it'd be eligible, as despite Levine's insistence that it's "limited", it's not in the same category as Raptor, GT500, etc.

• Like 1

Just now, rmc523 said:

despite Levine's insistence that it's "limited", it's not in the same category as Raptor, GT500, etc.

It is limited availability for the first year because of all the reservations, not because of limited production.

They should have decided up front whether it would be eligible, published it and stuck to it.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, akirby said:

It is limited availability for the first year because of all the reservations, not because of limited production.

They should have decided up front whether it would be eligible, published it and stuck to it.  

I understand, but that's stupid reasoning.  In other words, it's "we have the 1st model year production sold out, so we don't have to give discounts, good luck!"

Agreed - had they said day 1 "no x-plan", people wouldn't be upset here.

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I understand, but that's stupid reasoning.  In other words, it's "we have the 1st model year production sold out, so we don't have to give discounts, good luck!"

Agreed - had they said day 1 "no x-plan", people wouldn't be upset here.

It’s not that they don’t want to give discounts.  They don’t want to write the spiff checks to the dealers.  At $400/vehicle it adds up quick.  Penny wise and pound foolish IMO.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

It’s not that they don’t want to give discounts.  They don’t want to write the spiff checks to the dealers.  At $400/vehicle it adds up quick.  Penny wise and pound foolish IMO.

I understand, but like I said earlier, it's pissing off reservation holders.  And yeah, I know there's the "punishment" for being an earlier adopter, but with all the missteps with the launch - including the bait and switch reveal interiors, B&P debacle (first "by September", then "any day now" then "October" then mid October, etc., and now this, folks just aren't too happy with how it's been handled.

Folks at 6g are pissed.......granted they complain about every little thing (FE holders are a million times worse)......but they're certainly not happy.

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

I understand, but like I said earlier, it's pissing off reservation holders.  And yeah, I know there's the "punishment" for being an earlier adopter, but with all the missteps with the launch - including the bait and switch reveal interiors, B&P debacle (first "by September", then "any day now" then "October" then mid October, etc., and now this, folks just aren't too happy with how it's been handled.

Folks at 6g are pissed.......granted they complain about every little thing (FE holders are a million times worse)......but they're certainly not happy.

Like I said - penny wise and pound foolish.  Pissing off enthusiasts and loyal customers to save a few bucks.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, akirby said:

Maybe this no X-plan was a request by the dealers, who would rather sell at MSRP (or above) rather than get the spiff?   I doubt that any of us have a seat in the Boardroom, to know exactly how that decision was made.

HRG

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Not a chance.

---

Even though x-plan may not be a huge difference, it's just a way Ford is pissing off reservation holders, as everyone figured it'd be eligible, as despite Levine's insistence that it's "limited", it's not in the same category as Raptor, GT500, etc.

Well to be fair the Raptor isn't exactly production limited anymore (really wasn't commodity limited after the first 2 model years). Some dealers actually wanted X-plan dropped and pushed hard this change as well;  X-plan costs Ford the $400 and the dealer gets stuck with $200 doc fee and no markup when they could be sticker price sales. What is going to be interesting is people that have had dealers that said they would sell at X-plan price -- are they still going to sell it at x-plan price, they still can as that number will be on the invoice. Was there a verbal contract that took place or was it written because it was on a message forum? What contract do the dealers have that flooded the internet with that sales price, did they clarify that would need a pin or was it x-plan for everyone with no pin? 

Ford is also now dealing with a nightmare for allocation as some of the internet dealers now have 1000+ orders and Ford still has all those franchise agreements that have different rules in different states. Even though reservations are numbered they are still on allocation. Also apparently there is some play reservation numbers (You don't think the dealer owner/GM isn't going to have one of the first Bronco's they deliver?) The order gets placed when you finalize your order you have online in December and then allocation starts. My Dealer has been told me anywhere from late April to Mid-June before units start showing up but I should know in Feb an approximate time for my order delivery as I have a early reservation number, HOWEVER it could be April or Oct depending on what I finalize; Ford is being vague with them. 

There is nothing Ford could have done on this launch that would not have made people mad about it.

I am just going to throw this out there. Do you think this is going to stop Ford from selling every Bronco almost immediately once it hits the lot for the first year? Do you think people are really going to let not getting a slight discount to push them away from buying the Bronco if it is what they really want? Do you think this is more vocal blowhards at B6G that like to hear themselves talk complain that they didn't get it "their" way? I think it's no for the first two questions, and yest to the third.

X-Plan isn't even that great. If you like to negotiate, you should be able to get X-Plan on a vehicle with normal demand. I've personally watched it happen on an Edge and Taurus. Bronco is in a different stratosphere right now. IMHO, this is much ado about nothing.

28 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

Maybe this no X-plan was a request by the dealers, who would rather sell at MSRP (or above) rather than get the spiff?   I doubt that any of us have a seat in the Boardroom, to know exactly how that decision was made.

Dealers are not forced to accept x plan.  They can choose to sell at MSRP or at or below invoice.  But it would make it easier for dealers to deny x plan use if Ford disallows it rather than the dealer saying they won’t accept it.

11 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I am just going to throw this out there. Do you think this is going to stop Ford from selling every Bronco almost immediately once it hits the lot for the first year? Do you think people are really going to let not getting a slight discount to push them away from buying the Bronco if it is what they really want? Do you think this is more vocal blowhards at B6G that like to hear themselves talk complain that they didn't get it "their" way? I think it's no for the first two questions, and yest to the third.

X-Plan isn't even that great. If you like to negotiate, you should be able to get X-Plan on a vehicle with normal demand. I've personally watched it happen on an Edge and Taurus. Bronco is in a different stratosphere right now. IMHO, this is much ado about nothing.

Agree with all that.  It’s just a lot of angst and bellyaching that could have been avoided by making the decision earlier and sticking with it.

11 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

There is nothing Ford could have done on this launch that would not have made people mad about it.

5 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

The problem is that Ford seems to be creating these problems (at least in the eyes of the rabid interested customers it has) instead of having some foresight to avoid them. 

Just looking at the whole launch after its reveal, it has been a clusterfuck of information. Ford wasn't getting ahead of it for the most part (unless they subscribed to the any publicity is good publicity way of thought) and its alienating some customers and reinforcing the stereotypes that people have of car dealerships and companies. Ford could have gained some good will if they where better prepared.

Just looking at this from an outsiders perspective...people start filling in the gaps of information with rumors/fake news/etc...and we wind up with a disgruntled customers.