Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 minute ago, jasonj80 said:

If 25K people bought it on X-plan (Which would be very high) that is only $10 million from Ford;  for dealers however it could be 10x+ that in losses in sales, markups and doc fees. 

There is no loss from dealers because they are not required to honor X plan on any vehicle.  Many dealers have told Bronco reservation holders that they were planning to sell at MSRP regardless.

The only difference is now they can say Ford won't allow it rather than saying we won't accept it.

12 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The problem is that Ford seems to be creating these problems (at least in the eyes of the rabid interested customers it has) instead of having some foresight to avoid them. 

Just looking at the whole launch after its reveal, it has been a clusterfuck of information. Ford wasn't getting ahead of it for the most part (unless they subscribed to the any publicity is good publicity way of thought) and its alienating some customers and reinforcing the stereotypes that people have of car dealerships and companies. Ford could have gained some good will if they where better prepared.

Just looking at this from an outsiders perspective...people start filling in the gaps of information with rumors/fake news/etc...and we wind up with a disgruntled customers. 

Agree 100%, just wait until there are production issues/material holds for certain features (Example: 12" screens, front sway bar disconnects, marine grade vinyl) and then people that have reservation numbers way later are getting vehicles and people that have early ones are still waiting. 

3 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

I wonder if Ford is going to enforce the 6 month ownership rule on the Bronco as it is very plausible that if you had an early reservation you could flip it for considerably more money.

As for the X-plan, how many people are not going to buy one because it costs them $2,000 more than with no X-plan? A/D/X/Z are good discounts but they are no where as good as they used to be, however it is nice that Aunt/Uncle, Niece/Nephew are now included for A/Z as well. 

theres only a small percentage  of Broncos that have 2000 markup in them....in  fact X plan on a bas model makes the dealer more money than selling at MSRP....

X plan is available to a lot more people so make sense to limit it. 

A/D/Z plan has smaller pool of eligible people so easier for Ford to accommodate it. Plus those are the real loyalist... employees and retirees. X plan is basically someone who knows someone or works at a supplier/fleet customer.

I do think some dealerships were complaining which lead Ford to make the call the way they did. However, this is a double sided sword. On one hand it helps the local dealers who are trying to hang on to every single dollar they can in order to stay in business/turn profit. On the other hand, this could totally backfire with the intent. Over on the 6G forum there are a few dealerships that were offering $1000 below invoice. Many people are traveling to those dealerships for savings because when you compare $1000 below invoice to MSRP, the pricing is actually quite a bit. You can even ship the Bronco across America and still save money. (People on the forum are doing it). The saving grace was that, many dealerships closer to these people were offering the "X-plan if it is allowed". Now that this has been removed I foresee hundreds of people taking up the $1000 below invoice pricing offer by the select few dealerships. 

On a side note: you know the first people to reserve on opening night/that first week are the enthusiasts. Stating the demand for a non limited production vehicle lead to the removal of X-plan pricing is a bit of a slap in the face to the true fans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

The problem is that Ford seems to be creating these problems (at least in the eyes of the rabid interested customers it has) instead of having some foresight to avoid them. 

Just looking at the whole launch after its reveal, it has been a clusterfuck of information. Ford wasn't getting ahead of it for the most part (unless they subscribed to the any publicity is good publicity way of thought) and its alienating some customers and reinforcing the stereotypes that people have of car dealerships and companies. Ford could have gained some good will if they where better prepared.

Just looking at this from an outsiders perspective...people start filling in the gaps of information with rumors/fake news/etc...and we wind up with a disgruntled customers. 

The initial screw up from the Fields days I blame on Ford. Then pivoting from the eventual sport to making a real bronco (which I applaud but just puts a reset button on timeline).  I don't blame them for the delays during Covid. Is it a pain? Yes, but not much could of been done to avoid it. A lot of this stuff is fluid though. When they just opened reservations a couple months ago, do you think they knew it would be sold out for the first year? As far as I know, this was the first time they rolled out the reservation thing. Once they realized the potential demand and probably got input from dealers, I bet they made the switch to no X plan for the first year. If it's a one year thing, I think this will effect a very small amount of people.

just double checked...the ONLY Bronco variant that has $2k between invoice and MSRP are the first edition models...……so its not like this is a cash cow for the Dealers at all.....

First Edition 4x4 E5E First Edition - 4-Door Advanced 4x4 with Automatic

On-Demand Engagement

61,278 63,500

Edited by Deanh

34 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

The initial screw up from the Fields days I blame on Ford. Then pivoting from the eventual sport to making a real bronco (which I applaud but just puts a reset button on timeline).  I don't blame them for the delays during Covid. Is it a pain? Yes, but not much could of been done to avoid it. A lot of this stuff is fluid though. When they just opened reservations a couple months ago, do you think they knew it would be sold out for the first year? As far as I know, this was the first time they rolled out the reservation thing. Once they realized the potential demand and probably got input from dealers, I bet they made the switch to no X plan for the first year. If it's a one year thing, I think this will effect a very small amount of people.

I actually think the pre release in some ways was wise...watching feedback from potential customers regarding wants/ needs...it became pretty obvious they need to ramp up the manufacture of Sasquatch kits for a start off…and I doubt the manual would have been avail with the stick barring response from said customer base...

50 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

I do think some dealerships were complaining which lead Ford to make the call the way they did. However, this is a double sided sword. On one hand it helps the local dealers who are trying to hang on to every single dollar they can in order to stay in business/turn profit. On the other hand, this could totally backfire with the intent. Over on the 6G forum there are a few dealerships that were offering $1000 below invoice. Many people are traveling to those dealerships for savings because when you compare $1000 below invoice to MSRP, the pricing is actually quite a bit. You can even ship the Bronco across America and still save money. (People on the forum are doing it). The saving grace was that, many dealerships closer to these people were offering the "X-plan if it is allowed". Now that this has been removed I foresee hundreds of people taking up the $1000 below invoice pricing offer by the select few dealerships. 

On a side note: you know the first people to reserve on opening night/that first week are the enthusiasts. Stating the demand for a non limited production vehicle lead to the removal of X-plan pricing is a bit of a slap in the face to the true fans. 

I sincerely doubt that the so called under invoice rhetoric will actually be followed through on...WHY, I ask again, WHY? would a dealer advertise a pre-sold  unit at a net loss?...somethings fishy to me, perhaps they are waging success regarding back end financing and warranties etc...but IMO its truly one of the most boneheaded campaigns Ive witnessed...if Im wrong so be it, but that's just bad managerial process and basic bad business sense...so don't be surprised if its smoke and mirrors..it would be along the lines of advertising GT500s at invoice....

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I sincerely doubt that the so called under invoice rhetoric will actually be followed through on...WHY, I ask again, WHY? would a dealer advertise a pre-sold  unit at a net loss?...somethings fishy to me, perhaps they are waging success regarding back end financing and warranties etc...but IMO its truly one of the most boneheaded campaigns Ive witnessed...if Im wrong so be it, but that's just bad managerial process and basic bad business sense...so don't be surprised if its smoke and mirrors..it would be along the lines of advertising GT500s at invoice....

The dealerships so far have stated that they are sticking to it so we will see. 

http://www.stephensauto.com/2021-bronco/

https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html

I actually never expected Ford to honor the X-plan for the first year. Think about it, they're completely sold out... that's money in the bank. Why sell it for cheap when you KNOW you're going to sell every damn vehicle you build?

I do think it's a bit greedy and unethical on their part... but it makes pretty good business sense.

Hopefully it's only for MY21, because I'm going to be really mad if I can't eventually use my X-plan on one...

3 hours ago, bzcat said:

X plan is available to a lot more people so make sense to limit it. 

A/D/Z plan has smaller pool of eligible people so easier for Ford to accommodate it. Plus those are the real loyalist... employees and retirees. X plan is basically someone who knows someone or works at a supplier/fleet customer.

So which plan is for stockholders......I thought it was X.

3 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

The dealerships so far have stated that they are sticking to it so we will see. 

http://www.stephensauto.com/2021-bronco/

https://www.grangerford.com/new-ford-bronco.html

we will see for sure...I just feel an awful lot of individuals are banking on something that makes zero business sense. Think about it...who decision was it to basically lose money to sell something that doesn't need any assistance?...I flashback to a few local dealers here that advertised vehicles for what seemed like crazy prices...only for individuals to take to YELP after the experience...if you get my drift.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

If it’s a small amount of people why do it and irritate customers.

And regarding a previous comment about Ford Loyalist, because you don’t work for Ford doesn’t mean you aren’t a loyalist.  

• Like 2

The Mach e is going to be much more limited than the bronco and it is still eligible for x plan. Saying that this is due to limited supply doesn’t really make sense on ford’s part, unless the 2021 model is going to be a very small production run.

3 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

The Mach e is going to be much more limited than the bronco and it is still eligible for x plan. Saying that this is due to limited supply doesn’t really make sense on ford’s part, unless the 2021 model is going to be a very small production run.

I'm assuming they are going to be just filling reservations with the 2021MY