Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, akirby said:

Same thing we've been saying all along - outside of Tesla-philes the BEV market is pretty small.

truth be told...most BEV custmers Ive met or conversed with..."quirky" is an understatement...cult like comes to mind as well...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

we have quite a few...but I think one of the reasons is the Bronco is getting ALL the press right now....Ive seen literally nothing on the Mach...I think interest will be piqued when it starts hitting dealers and streets...good looking car...and a LOT less generic than Teslas Model Y

We just don’t know until they start hitting the streets and neighbourhoods, it may be one of those wow moments when the people across the street have one...

• Like 1

I like the Mach e. It suits my needs better than a bronco, but I’d probably wait a few years before buying. A first year vehicle and ford’s first entry into electric cars sounds like a double whammy to me based on the problems I’ve had on my first year fusion and explorer. 

43 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

I like the Mach e. It suits my needs better than a bronco, but I’d probably wait a few years before buying. A first year vehicle and ford’s first entry into electric cars sounds like a double whammy to me based on the problems I’ve had on my first year fusion and explorer. 

Id lay money on it being better quality wise than the CURRENT Teslas…….

• Like 2

4 hours ago, jpd80 said:

We just don’t know until they start hitting the streets and neighbourhoods, it may be one of those wow moments when the people across the street have one...

I know I considered one, I like the look.  But a couple factors - namely I'd like something midsize, and not sure I'm quite ready for a full BEV yet (I'd love a PHEV though) sort of sealed the deal.....and then there's the Bronco in the room.....haha

• Like 1

Filson-Bronco-Wildland-Fire-Rig.jpg?fit=

On its face, it’s an enviable, backwoods-ready off-roader, featuring Filson materials like the brand’s duck canvas and bridle leather, a sweet minty green paint job — a color you may recognize from official U.S. Forest Service vehicles, like previous generation Broncos — and a full-bore firefighting skid, high-pressure hose, Pulaski axes and all. But as the name and the deadly serious gear suggest, this vehicle has a purpose beyond, you know, selling more Broncos. 

https://www.insidehook.com/article/vehicles/filson-ford-bronco-firefighting-concept-vehicle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

And the website crashes at 12:02 due to high demand

If that happens, I will not understand. This is a very solvable problem. If the site crashes, the Ford it staff should be canned. Elastic load balancing with auto scaling should do the trick. Basically, as soon as a Webserver starts to get hammered, it automatically creates more instances of Webserver and distributes traffic. That’s the beauty of the cloud, as this can all be done instantly. It’s not like this isn’t an expected event. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

If that happens, I will not understand. This is a very solvable problem. If the site crashes, the Ford it staff should be canned. Elastic load balancing with auto scaling should do the trick. Basically, as soon as a Webserver starts to get hammered, it automatically creates more instances of Webserver and distributes traffic. That’s the beauty of the cloud, as this can all be done instantly. It’s not like this isn’t an expected event.

You're assuming the B&P application is cloud enabled and can scale horizontally.   I mean, of course it should be but having worked on cloud computing in an older corporation it's not always that simple.

At least the content should be static so worst case they could just clone the servers.

1 minute ago, akirby said:

You're assuming the B&P application is cloud enabled and can scale horizontally.   I mean, of course it should be but having worked on cloud computing in an older corporation it's not always that simple.

At least the content should be static so worst case they could just clone the servers.

maybe thats why its been taking so long ?

As part of the Bronco launch, we are committed to delivering a high‑quality product and keeping you informed about your new Bronco SUV during these unprecedented times.

We wanted to share some important product updates about the Bronco First Edition and Wildtrak models. To reduce production complexity and ensure quality, Ford will be making the molded‑in‑color hardtop the only hardtop option and the standard roof on First Edition and Wildtrak for the 2021 model year. The black‑painted modular hardtop roof, which was previously standard, will now be a late‑availability option for the 2021 model year. We apologize for any inconvenience.

As a result of this change, the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option.

When the Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door order conversion process begins in December, you’ll be given the choice of ordering the molded‑in‑color hardtop or waiting for the black‑painted modular hardtop when it becomes available. Your reservation* time stamp will continue to be honored.

We appreciate your understanding. If you have questions, please contact your Ford dealer for assistance.

Thank you,

T

Hello,

As part of the Bronco launch, we are committed to delivering a high‑quality product and keeping you informed about your new Bronco SUV during these unprecedented times.

We wanted to share some important product updates about the Bronco First Edition and Wildtrak models. To reduce production complexity and ensure quality, Ford will be making the molded‑in‑color hardtop the only hardtop option and the standard roof on First Edition and Wildtrak for the 2021 model year. The black‑painted modular hardtop roof, which was previously standard, will now be a late‑availability option for the 2021 model year. We apologize for any inconvenience.

As a result of this change, the Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price of these models will be reduced by $1,895, the full retail price of the black painted modular hardtop option.

When the Bronco 2‑ and 4‑door order conversion process begins in December, you’ll be given the choice of ordering the molded‑in‑color hardtop or waiting for the black‑painted modular hardtop when it becomes available. Your reservation* time stamp will continue to be honored.

We appreciate your understanding. If you have questions, please contact your Ford dealer for assistance.

Thank you,

The Ford Bronco Team

Heck....I think Id rather have a moulded in color than black anyways...looks more of one piece...

Edited by Deanh
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

Lots of complaints about that over on 6g. I see it as a free roof and $2000 in your pocket.

Plenty of people are against the color of the MIC top. I love it.. with most paint colors, at least. 

Looks like the Black Modular Hardtop will be a Job2 add for MY21, and white / body color roofs will wait until MY22. 

This is a Webasto supply issue, but I've heard they're rethinking the workflow of so many roof options at MAP. 

Curious if @fuzzymoomoo has heard anything... 

3 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I have not. It's hard enough getting information about what’s going on with my line let alone information out of a completely different department. I'm not saying things are going poorly, they are going good, but communication could be better between management and the launch leaders. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Plenty of people are against the color of the MIC top. I love it.. with most paint colors, at least. 

Looks like the Black Modular Hardtop will be a Job2 add for MY21, and white / body color roofs will wait until MY22. 

This is a Webasto supply issue, but I've heard they're rethinking the workflow of so many roof options at MAP. 

so color me clueless....what exactly is the difference between Moulded in Color and "body color" roofs?

5 hours ago, akirby said:

True. The cloud has been around for a while so I’m making that assumption. I know Ford does some work in AWS as I’ve met some employees at Summits. Tonight is the perfect use case for cloud computing. Scaling up for high demand, and scaling down as demand dwindles 

I’m hoping that it works flawlessly tonight. I’ll be creating my builds tonight! Alright nerd rant over.

23 minutes ago, Deanh said:

so color me clueless....what exactly is the difference between Moulded in Color and "body color" roofs?

MIC is a plastic roof with the color moulded into the material... they aren't painted. They're the base roof on the 2door and thr less expensive optional hard top on tgr 4door. 

The black / white / body color roofs will be painted, and will have the "modular" pop out rear windows.

• Like 1