Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

I'm conflicted at this point...I like the equipment packages for the Outer Banks, but I'm not a fan of the body colored fenders or wheel choices...which I'm assuming would be fairly easy to change out, so not a huge deal. I wish I could get the Black Diamond with the 12 inch display and heated steering wheel. 

The bigger issue is with the hardtop-I really want the white hardtop and I'm going to assume that buying one from Ford is going to be around $1500-2000. The MIC hardtop with sound deadening is only $1100 or so when ordered with the Bronco. 

Another minor issue...how much of an issue is it to have a non locking rear diff? I've had RWD cars before, is that the same as limited slip diff like what is on a Mustang? or something different?

2 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm conflicted at this point...I like the equipment packages for the Outer Banks, but I'm not a fan of the body colored fenders or wheel choices...which I'm assuming would be fairly easy to change out, so not a huge deal. I wish I could get the Black Diamond with the 12 inch display and heated steering wheel. 

The bigger issue is with the hardtop-I really want the white hardtop and I'm going to assume that buying one from Ford is going to be around $1500-2000. The MIC hardtop with sound deadening is only $1100 or so when ordered with the Bronco. 

Another minor issue...how much of an issue is it to have a non locking rear diff? I've had RWD cars before, is that the same as limited slip diff like what is on a Mustang? or something different?

I saw the 12" display as a standalone option on BD, did they already pull that?

Build and price didn’t make decisions any easier lol. $45k or under is where I want to be. Priced out a black diamond and big bend nicely equipped right around that amount. Guess I’m gonna have to see them in person before I can make a final decision.

Black diamond 4 dr

- 2.3L

- auto

- mid package

- mic roof

- sound deadening

- optional wheels 
- brush guard

- tow

$44,980

vehicle.png

big bend 4 dr

- 2.7L

- auto

- mid 

- mic roof

- sound deadening

- roof rails

- modular bumper

- brush guard

- signature lights

- aux switches

- tow 

$45,030

vehicle.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

You really only need the locking diff if you are going to do some serious off-roading.  The lockable diff will automatically unlock at (I think) 25 MPH if it's the same as my Super Duty.  It's not for use on the highway or at highway speed.  It's an actual locker and not limited slip, so you don't want it locked on pavement.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Funny, I didn't see the roof rails option anywhere.

Its with the hard top/sound deadening options 

If your talking cross rails that go between them,  its under the additional options with the bike racks and stuff

Edited by silvrsvt

6 minutes ago, fordmantpw said:

You really only need the locking diff if you are going to do some serious off-roading.  The lockable diff will automatically unlock at (I think) 25 MPH if it's the same as my Super Duty.  It's not for use on the highway or at highway speed.  It's an actual locker and not limited slip, so you don't want it locked on pavement.

Thats what I was thinking. 

48 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

As far as I know, no body colored top coming anytime soon.

Per Ford document email it's coming in 2022.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/white-hard-top-for-2022-bronco-confirmed.7198/

Also curious is anyone here knows anything about the Bronco and fleet pricing. My company uses X-plan and fleet pricing on all our vehicles. Depending on the situation, one can be better than the other. I know X-plan is no longer an option but documents from months back supposedly had the Bronco being Fleet Eligible. Is anyone able to confirm if that is still the case? My dealer is trying to tell me they wont know until they go to order it... which sounds a bit odd if you ask me.

5 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Thats what I was thinking. 

Without some type of limited slip or locking diff your 2wd is just a 1wd.  Meaning if just one of the rear wheels end up in mud or something slick you’re STUCK.   This happened to me with my first Ranger - couldn’t get out of the side yard.  Even with 4wd if you drop one side into ice or mud or wet grass you’re toast.

I rarely need it but I refuse to buy anything without a locker.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

Without some type of limited slip or locking diff your 2wd is just a 1wd.  Meaning if just one of the rear wheels end up in mud or something slick you’re STUCK.   This happened to me with my first Ranger - couldn’t get out of the side yard.  Even with 4wd if you drop one side into ice or mud or wet grass you’re toast.

I rarely need it but I refuse to buy anything without a locker.

You are absolutely correct. I had a Lincoln LS with an open differential and even with snow tires and traction control got stuck a lot with an open diff. Now, I believe that the Bronco comes standard with limited slip diff, otherwise it would have about 0 off road prowess in lower level trims. This setup should be sufficient for most, especially those that don't go extreme off-roading.  For me, if I planned on any real off-roading, I would at least get a rear locker. 

49 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Per Ford document email it's coming in 2022.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/white-hard-top-for-2022-bronco-confirmed.7198/

Also curious is anyone here knows anything about the Bronco and fleet pricing. My company uses X-plan and fleet pricing on all our vehicles. Depending on the situation, one can be better than the other. I know X-plan is no longer an option but documents from months back supposedly had the Bronco being Fleet Eligible. Is anyone able to confirm if that is still the case? My dealer is trying to tell me they wont know until they go to order it... which sounds a bit odd if you ask me.

and hes correct. Hell need to know if you are 56M or 56A...when the car is ordered either of those codes will need to be entered to find out if eligible. That said, it also means to be eligible the vehiclewill need to be in the Company name the code pertains too.

• Like 1