Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

48 minutes ago, akirby said:

Without some type of limited slip or locking diff your 2wd is just a 1wd.  Meaning if just one of the rear wheels end up in mud or something slick you’re STUCK.   This happened to me with my first Ranger - couldn’t get out of the side yard.  Even with 4wd if you drop one side into ice or mud or wet grass you’re toast.

I rarely need it but I refuse to buy anything without a locker.

I've never had an issue with 4x4 and not having a locker.  My Super Duty is worthless in 2wd, but put it in 4x4 and it'll go anywhere, even without the locker locked.

Just now, akirby said:

I should have mentioned that traction control that can brake individual wheels can overcome a loss of traction in many circumstances by braking the spinning wheel and forcing torque to the other one.  But I would still get the e locker if available.

Agreed, if it's available, do it, but it's not a make or break situation (IMHO).

26 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

You are absolutely correct. I had a Lincoln LS with an open differential and even with snow tires and traction control got stuck a lot with an open diff. Now, I believe that the Bronco comes standard with limited slip diff, otherwise it would have about 0 off road prowess in lower level trims. This setup should be sufficient for most, especially those that don't go extreme off-roading.  For me, if I planned on any real off-roading, I would at least get a rear locker. 

Ok, I guess I was wrong. It was driving me nuts so I went over BG6. Unless otherwise stated, the differentials are open. Now, the 4WD system/traction control can apply the brake to lock the spinning wheel so power can go to the one with traction. I feel better about that now.  I still might go for the locking rear diff though, just in case I get into real rough stuff.

37 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Ok, I guess I was wrong. It was driving me nuts so I went over BG6. Unless otherwise stated, the differentials are open. Now, the 4WD system/traction control can apply the brake to lock the spinning wheel so power can go to the one with traction. I feel better about that now.  I still might go for the locking rear diff though, just in case I get into real rough stuff.

If it’s available get it.  It’s pretty cheap from what I remember.  Better to have it and not need it....

29 minutes ago, akirby said:

If it’s available get it.  It’s pretty cheap from what I remember.  Better to have it and not need it....

Yep. It is. It's good know that I can get it on the Big Bend. I still haven't decided on the Big Bend or Black Diamond. I have plenty of time to decide though. I'll probably order a 2023.

If I were to buy one, mine would be 

Antimatter Blue Outer Banks

MIC hard-top w/ sound deadening headliner

Keyless Keypad

Leather trim vinyl seats (Dark Space Gray/Navy Blue)

All-Weather Floor Liners (if nothing else a must have with all the road salt in winter)

Lux Package (gotta have my heated steering wheel) 

$50,190 

I would consider adding a bike rack too but I want to physically see them first before deciding which one. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

Looks like Ford is doing its best to limit manual availability.

We already knew base model 4 door is auto only but after playing around with the configurator a bit, it also looks like that on Big Bend and Black Diamond, manual is only available with standard package. If you add mid package, you are forced to take automatic.

Outer Banks and Wildtrak are auto only.

Bad Lands is the only theme that you can order manual with mid, high, or lux package. 

Edited by bzcat

8 minutes ago, bzcat said:

Looks like Ford is doing its best to limit manual availability.

We already knew base model 4 door is auto only but after playing around with the configurator a bit, it also looks like that on Big Bend and Black Diamond, manual is only available with standard package. If you add mid package, you are forced to take automatic.

Outer Banks and Wildtrak are auto only.

Bad Lands is the only theme that you can order manual with mid, high, or lux package. 

Does that really surprise you? It's the ultimate

self fulfilling prophecy.

Customers: WE WANT MANUALS! 
OEM: Here you go (available in base models only) 

Nobody buys them 

OEM discontinues manuals

Customers: What happened to the manuals?!

OEM Nobody bought them! 
Customers: But it was base model only

OEM: Well if people bought them we could offer them in higher trim levels...

*rinse, repeat* 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, rmc523 said:

6G folks have pointed out that for some reason you can't get the roof racks with Sasquatch?

Has to be a glitch - there's zero reason to not have them as an option because of that.

Doesn't it add two inches to the ride height? Add another 2-3 inches for roof racks and people might be driving into their garage door openings?

There seems to be a lot of glitches in the B&P.  I mean, the interior 360 shows the SPORT........

I've been pretty patient about all this and been trying to tell folks over at 6G to just relax (an impossible task), but you'd think B&P would be pretty nailed down with the extra delay from the initial "by September" timeframe.

6 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Doesn't it add two inches to the ride height? Add another 2-3 inches for roof racks and people might be driving into their garage door openings?

I don't know how feasible such a system would be but it would be cool if they had some kind of adjustable, air-type suspension that lowers and raises the bronco as needed. Lower it for parking and low overhangs, better MPGs on the highway... and raise it for off-roading.

13 hours ago, akirby said:

I should have mentioned that traction control that can brake individual wheels can overcome a loss of traction in many circumstances by braking the spinning wheel and forcing torque to the other one.  But I would still get the e locker if available.

You do realise that you can put on some brake pedal and drive through the brake,

it acts like a LSD and puts equal torque to both wheels.......

1 hour ago, probowler said:

I don't know how feasible such a system would be but it would be cool if they had some kind of adjustable, air-type suspension that lowers and raises the bronco as needed. Lower it for parking and low overhangs, better MPGs on the highway... and raise it for off-roading.

Big problem is things like camber and toe in change as well, so you'd need corrections to those as well.

40 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

@fuzzymoomoo

Has the the Job1 date been updated? The original rumor was December 7th, but I'm assuming that got shifted 2-3 months to the right because of COVID.

So assuming that it starts some time in March, the first Broncos won't hit the dealerships till late May right, if everything goes perfectly?

2021 Bronco Job #1 Date or timetable hasn't been posted yet. Job #1 for the 2021 Bronco Sport is Monday, October 26th. 

1 hour ago, silvrsvt said:

@fuzzymoomoo

Has the the Job1 date been updated? The original rumor was December 7th, but I'm assuming that got shifted 2-3 months to the right because of COVID.

So assuming that it starts some time in March, the first Broncos won't hit the dealerships till late May right, if everything goes perfectly?

Last I saw it was 2nd week of March. May have slipped a week or two from there but they're fighting like hell to avoid that.... hence this week's announcements.