Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Over 190,000 current reservations, and they're now expecting a 72-75% capture rate.

MY21 has been "simplified" to meet increased production targets. MY22 will get new options, but will be nearly - if not entirely - consumed by reservations.

MY23... the real fun starts. 

-PREMiERdrum, who is still very much excited by his MY21 reservation (and who is coincidentally back in contract with the Premier Drum Co).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

54 minutes ago, akirby said:

It is $3K below MSRP but nobody pays MSRP for a Taurus.  You could easily get $500 over invoice without x plan and sometimes you can beat x plan without a pin.

Right...but that wasn't the point..and in better circumstances I get A/Z plan pricing ;) 

What it boils down to is that you get the car options for "free" with some plan pricing. 

Its the difference of me affording a OBX or settling for a BB because the price is roughly 4K between the two before any plan pricing...it would drop the OBX to about $44K and the BB even more so. 

1 hour ago, PREMiERdrum said:

MY21 has been "simplified" to meet increased production targets. MY22 will get new options, but will be nearly - if not entirely - consumed by reservations.

We are already tentatively working every Saturday in February and March (plus last one in January and first one in April for a total of 10 straight) and one Sunday at the end of March. I'm sure more Sundays will be added at some point too. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

We are already tentatively working every Saturday in February and March (plus last one in January and first one in April for a total of 10 straight) and one Sunday at the end of March. I'm sure more Sundays will be added at some point too. 

Rumblings say they're pushing like hell to move Job 1 up a bit... 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

No offence to you as a worker, but I'm not sure quality is going to be at a high point 4+ weeks in after launch and the line workers working that much work with no real rest. Only so much the body can take with no rest. I remember back in the day with all the OT on the Expedition and Navigator; mistakes were made because everyone was just so tired they weren't paying attention. When is the second shift starting?

For me there are too many little issues, that make bigger issues with the Bronco for me at launch to spend the 60K on one. I'm pushing my reservation and wait for the things like the modular roof and some comfort features be added to justify the price. After the initial excitement wore off I'm not sure it is the right car for me at this point, honestly it seems really expensive for what you get. (good for my Ford stock though) The early units are going to be very profitable for Ford however after the first 6-9 months sales vs reservations will level off, it is not the new thing on the block anymore. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

When is the second shift starting?

Was supposed to be November but I think it might have been pushed back to December. A lot of plans have shifted around lately. I'm on a 6 week layoff now that was originally supposed to happen back in September but be longer but then it was cancelled but then it wasn't. Hard to get a bead on what the schedule is. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, probowler said:

Well since I don't buy cars in their first year, that won't affect me at all ?

then you may be in luck regarding the x plan...but if youre waiting a year  why the bitching?...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Over 190,000 current reservations, and they're now expecting a 72-75% capture rate.

MY23... the real fun starts. 

-PREMiERdrum, who is still very much excited by his MY21 reservation (and who is coincidentally back in contract with the Premier Drum Co).

I think theres a LOT more than 190k reservations...I heard 230k over a month ago...and we are still getting a few a day....Ill go out on a limb and guess just under 300k...I cant recall this type of furor in my 30 plus years working with Ford...

15 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The bronco hype will die down for you guys just in time to start building the next gen ranger. Y’all are gonna be busy for a long while.

11 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I wonder if all the grills are interchangeable.....I actually prefer the , more simplistic silver colored one I saw on one of the concepts...

I'm sure we will have a shitton of different grills to pickout when the aftermarket kicks in.

12 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

I'm sure we will have a shitton of different grills to pickout when the aftermarket kicks in.

there was a Cactus grey concept with a white interior and it had a silver aluminum looking grill with a lot less perforations...looked great. Imagine a silver grill on a Carbonized Grey with red Bronco lettering and red Tow hooks....

Edited by Deanh

44 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Im assuming that's final only? Bronco team in body doesn't come back until December 7. 

Correct. Plan for final next few months sounds crazy. 2 weeks of both shifts together on one shift for training, 2 weeks of 2 shifts each running 5 hrs a day. Then the shifts rotating day shift 2 weeks on 2 weeks off after that til Bronco launch. 

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

I wonder if all the grills are interchangeable.....I actually prefer the , more simplistic silver colored one I saw on one of the concepts...

That 6-slot grille is available on Big Bend and Outer Banks in carbonized gray and gloss black, respectively.

no silver finish available, at least as of right now

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

That 6-slot grille is available on Big Bend and Outer Banks in carbonized gray and gloss black, respectively.

no silver finish available, at least as of right now

wonder if the Big Bend Grill would fit the Wildtrak or Badlands?...don't see why not, they certainly look like they would

28 minutes ago, Deanh said:

wonder if the Big Bend Grill would fit the Wildtrak or Badlands?...don't see why not, they certainly look like they would

it actually was the Wildtrak’s grille at first but that switched to a gloss black version of the Badlands grille.

3 hours ago, chris532 said:

Correct. Plan for final next few months sounds crazy. 2 weeks of both shifts together on one shift for training, 2 weeks of 2 shifts each running 5 hrs a day. Then the shifts rotating day shift 2 weeks on 2 weeks off after that til Bronco launch. 

That actually doesn't sound crazy at all. Body will probably stay 2 continuous shifts that whole time like we have been for the last 2 years. Gotta keep that paint tunnel packed full. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

That actually doesn't sound crazy at all. Body will probably stay 2 continuous shifts that whole time like we have been for the last 2 years. Gotta keep that paint tunnel packed full. 

That's what I heard. Sounds like 2 shifts in body of Ranger team can't support 2 shifts of Final assembly. With upgrades done to Paint shop they can run 1 to 1 with Final. Just thought they would have wanted to boost Ranger inventory up with 2 shifts and be able to run Bronco heavy at launch.