Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

7 hours ago, Deanh said:

then you may be in luck regarding the x plan...but if youre waiting a year  why the bitching?...

It's not bitching to call out a company when they do something wrong or questionable. There's a lot of people who were planning to buy it this year with their X-plan however, and I don't like that Ford is doing this to them.

Now buzz off troll.

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

The grilles are 100% interchangeable... just be ready to swap headlamps where necessary.

I was thinking about this... The big difference among the different versions being the special LED headlights.

I'm excited to see what the aftermarket delivers.

On 10/26/2020 at 10:37 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

We are already tentatively working every Saturday in February and March (plus last one in January and first one in April for a total of 10 straight) and one Sunday at the end of March. I'm sure more Sundays will be added at some point too. 

You guys will be on OT for a long time with the great Bronco now added to your plant. With Ranger and Bronco production you guys should be over 300,000 units a year correct??

49 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I don't know what projections are or what ultimate capacity is but I could believe that. 

I believe the need for a third shift may be necessary as I believe Bronco will be a consistent seller. You guy also have an all new Ranger coming so I think 3 shifts in at least body and paint may be required. 10 saturdays in a row and many more to come you guys are gonna be overworked. 

20 minutes ago, Oacjay98 said:

I believe the need for a third shift may be necessary as I believe Bronco will be a consistent seller. You guy also have an all new Ranger coming so I think 3 shifts in at least body and paint may be required. 10 saturdays in a row and many more to come you guys are gonna be overworked. 

According to my (now former) launch lead, Body shop has always required one shift more than Final/Paint and when they were on 3 shifts they struggled to keep up. Selfishly I hope we stay on 2 shifts. Kids are going to have a light Christmas this year, I would like to make it much better next year. 

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

According to my (now former) launch lead, Body shop has always required one shift more than Final/Paint and when they were on 3 shifts they struggled to keep up. Selfishly I hope we stay on 2 shifts. Kids are going to have a light Christmas this year, I would like to make it much better next year. 

Yup body build is always behind here at oakville as well. Even with our volumes down were still doing anywhere between 8-10 hours on any given day as per daily production requirements. In body we almost always stay longer than the other departments. Two shifts mean bigger bucks for you so I understand what you’re saying. Christmas I’m sure will be way better next year as you guys will be working your collective asses off building them broncos lol.

52 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Has to make one wonder why the Body Shop isn't upgraded further to handle the anticipated volume better with the expected demand for Bronco and the next generation Ranger. 

15 hours ago, probowler said:

It's not bitching to call out a company when they do something wrong or questionable. There's a lot of people who were planning to buy it this year with their X-plan however, and I don't like that Ford is doing this to them.

Now buzz off troll.

BWAHAHAHAHA....troll...man oh man, that's POTW there...how old are you, seriously?..Im not the one getting their Knickers in a twist over a car they aren't purchasing till after the first year...that's 18 months away.....plenty of time for change...and X plan will probably be in place by then. And if you look at the pricing matrix I shared there really insignificant savings, they range between a few hundred to just over $2k for the range topper...in the big picture, on a car that's literally sold out before actual production, that's really not that much, compared with the savings avail on say an F150. I think anyone that cries foul and has a reservation, that doesn't buy a vehicle because they cant save an average of most likely $800 is cutting off their nose to spite their face...that equates to maybe, maybe $18 a month. But HAH...I showed Ford didn't I....ahem. Trolling..absolutely not...just you and I are wired completely different ways ...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

Has to make one wonder why the Body Shop isn't upgraded further to handle the anticipated volume better with the expected demand for Bronco and the next generation Ranger. 

She said in her 22 years working there body shop has never been able to keep up with Final no matter what is being built. 

9 hours ago, Deanh said:

BWAHAHAHAHA....troll...man oh man, that's POTW there...how old are you, seriously?..Im not the one getting their Knickers in a twist over a car they aren't purchasing till after the first year...that's 18 months away.....plenty of time for change...and X plan will probably be in place by then. And if you look at the pricing matrix I shared there really insignificant savings, they range between a few hundred to just over $2k for the range topper...in the big picture, on a car that's literally sold out before actual production, that's really not that much, compared with the savings avail on say an F150. I think anyone that cries foul and has a reservation, that doesn't buy a vehicle because they cant save an average of most likely $800 is cutting off their nose to spite their face...that equates to maybe, maybe $18 a month. But HAH...I showed Ford didn't I....ahem. Trolling..absolutely not...just you and I are wired completely different ways ...

Yeah, I'm not reading any of that. I was bored and done with this topic like 2 pages ago. Have fun on the ignore list.

dg6oz.gif

22 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

@fuzzymoomoo with COVID spiking across America, has Ford laid out guidelines for potential shut downs? Like if the state reaches a certain number of new cases for X amount of days in a row that things are to be closed till numbers die back down?

It's the same as it has been since we went back to work in June, and honestly I have no idea what the guidelines are. 

Im not going to speak on any kind of official capacity but my personal opinion is case count isn't the metric that matters, it's hospitalization and death rate, neither of which are spiking, at least here locally. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It's the same as it has been since we went back to work in June, and honestly I have no idea what the guidelines are. 

Im not going to speak on any kind of official capacity but my personal opinion is case count isn't the metric that matters, it's hospitalization and death rate, neither of which are spiking, at least here locally. 

Slowing the spread was never about stopping covid, but to make sure we don't overwhelm hospitals.

Case numbers at this time are more of a political hammer than an alarm bell.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, probowler said:

Slowing the spread was never about stopping covid, but to make sure we don't overwhelm hospitals.

Case numbers at this time are more of a political hammer than an alarm bell.

And let's face it, a lot of the heavy lifting is done by state governments and local authorities on the ground.

The next six months has to be about reducing or preventing those who are hospitalized progressing to life threatening

status, everything must be done to treat these folks as early as possible and stabilise their condition.

6 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

That often blame the federal government for their own shortcomings also. 

5 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Yeah, that's federalism. That's the way it should be. 

Which makes me smile, even in my own country the federal govt tries to take credit

for all the work done by the state governments fighting and winning the coronavirus 

battle, I think we're down to about 70 active cases nationwide with no new cases

lately in the worst state ( Victoria).

We had an election yesterday in my home state, the government was returned with

increased majority and the premier (Govenor) praised for her tough stance on

keeping our  borders closed with the other states. Truly amazing result when

the rest of the world seems to be inundated with another wave.

Edited by jpd80

5 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Which makes me smile, even in my own country the federal govt tries to take credit

for all the work done by the state governments fighting and winning the coronavirus 

battle, I think we're down to about 70 active cases nationwide with no new cases

lately in the worst state ( Victoria).

We had an election yesterday in my home state, the government was returned with

increased majority and the premier (Govenor) praised for her tough stance on

keeping our  borders closed with the other states. Truly amazing result when

the rest of the world seems to be inundated with another wave.

Did you guys lock down at all? The countries that are dealing with second waves now all had pretty strict lockdowns, which strongly suggests keeping people indoors was the exact opposite thing to do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Did you guys lock down at all? The countries that are dealing with second waves now all had pretty strict lockdowns, which strongly suggests keeping people indoors was the exact opposite thing to do. 

Of course, everyone should just go about their normal life, no exceptions, no masks.  Lockdowns mean nothing unless the majority of the population does the right thing when restrictions are lifted and follows the guidelines (wear masks, physical distance, etc).