Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Did you guys lock down at all? The countries that are dealing with second waves now all had pretty strict lockdowns, which strongly suggests keeping people indoors was the exact opposite thing to do. 

Where I am in Queensland, no but we did isolate contagious  people for two weeks,

Victoria down South did lock ups  with a second wave where asymptomatic people

were spreading the virus to families and grandparents.

Our case numbers were much less than you're experiencing, our strategy was more

like you'd do in early stages to stop individuals spreading, not whole communities.

My take is that the US is so far down the track that now it's a matter of the known

vulnerable groups isolating as much as possible rather than locking down everyone.

Vaccine should be given as a trial to all vulnerable groups until widely available

to everyone.

Edited by jpd80

8 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Of course, everyone should just go about their normal life, no exceptions, no masks.  Lockdowns mean nothing unless the majority of the population does the right thing when restrictions are lifted and follows the guidelines (wear masks, physical distance, etc).  

The issue is that often certain groups of people don't do that and "ruin" it for others. We have a large hasidic jewish population next door to where I live and guess what? They have huge out breaks...but they also have a large population in a small area. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

The issue is that often certain groups of people don't do that and "ruin" it for others. We have a large hasidic jewish population next door to where I live and guess what? They have huge out breaks...but they also have a large population in a small area. 

Australia is multicultural and some groups just don't realise consequences beyond what happens to them.

One Lebanese dude said,  "it is what it is, if I get it I get it". But then asked what if you pass it onto your grandmother?

"If she gets it she gets it.." .....and that's the attitude you're fighting, there's no perception of consequences and that's

what lead to the second wave in my country, fortunately we caught it and Victoria is now open again.

They now check sewerage water for virus as an indicator of silent spread but that can also be people recovered it shedding virus.

Edited by jpd80

39 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Of course, everyone should just go about their normal life, no exceptions, no masks.  Lockdowns mean nothing unless the majority of the population does the right thing when restrictions are lifted and follows the guidelines (wear masks, physical distance, etc).  

Not what I said at all.

This is an airborne virus. What the fuck did they think was going to happen by keeping people indoors? Open air is an airborne disease's worst enemy. Sure masks arguably help too if it makes you feel better. 

9 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not what I said at all.

This is an airborne virus. What the fuck did they think was going to happen by keeping people indoors? Open air is an airborne disease's worst enemy. Sure masks arguably help too if it makes you feel better. 

It’s exactly what you said.  Keeping people indoors amongst their own family/friends?   Yes that helps control the virus.   Allowing people to roam free and do as they please does not control the virus.  But yeah, my wife is a nurse, my father was in the hospital for a week and has permanent lung damage so I have a fairly good idea of what folks should be doing to control the virus.  Now back to the Bronco, I have a 2 door and 4 door reserved and can’t wait to see how delivery plays out.  

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Not what I said at all.

It's airborne in the sense  of being carried for short distances, a mask on others keeps their juices from wafting all over you.

I know that many think a mask stops you getting the virus but it's more about stopping the wearer spreading the virus.

Edited by jpd80
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, jpd80 said:

It's airborne in the sense  of being carried for short distances, a mask on others keeps their juices from wafting all over you.

I know that many think a mask stops you getting the virus but it's more about stopping the wearer spreading the virus.

Asians seem to understand the effectiveness of wearing a mask. They have understood this for many years. Maybe one reason why many Asian countries have this virus under control. They get it and just do it without arguing about their right to freedom. American culture and virus are not a good mix. So we all lose our freedoms as a result.

15 minutes ago, FordBuyer said:

Asians seem to understand the effectiveness of wearing a mask. They have understood this for many years. Maybe one reason why many Asian countries have this virus under control. They get it and just do it without arguing about their right to freedom. American culture and virus are not a good mix. So we all lose our freedoms as a result.

It saddens me that there's just so much trench warfare on almost every issue,

that is not the America I remember and I hope you guys find your way back.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, rperez817 said:

Raiti's Rides posted a video a couple days ago of a pre-production demonstrator Bronco Sport at a dealership, Walker Ford in Clearwater, Florida.

I hope it's a huge home run for Ford as well as Bronco coming next year,

Ford deserves to have some good news for a change, buyers are gonna love this.

Edited by jpd80

2 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It goes back to entitlement and being catered to...now to tie this back to Bronco related content...you see this on social media all the time on different Bronco groups on Facebook. 

Bronco6G is the worst place on earth for this. I can't go to that site anymore. Talk about adult babies needing to be catered to. They create issues to whine about. The MIC top is the best, so many whiners. Don't buy it then. Somebody will take your spot gladly. One that took the cake is they were complaining about issues with tie rods on a prototype, then everyone started acting like it was fact that that would be an issue. 5 pages of complaining later....

Covid just put Ford even more behind the 8 ball but soon we'll have the Sport to talk about. Then the Bronco. I don't care when it comes out as long as we have good quality.

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

Bronco6G is the worst place on earth for this. I can't go to that site anymore. Talk about adult babies needing to be catered to. They create issues to whine about. The MIC top is the best, so many whiners. Don't buy it then. Somebody will take your spot gladly. One that took the cake is they were complaining about issues with tie rods on a prototype, then everyone started acting like it was fact that that would be an issue. 5 pages of complaining later....

Covid just put Ford even more behind the 8 ball but soon we'll have the Sport to talk about. Then the Bronco. I don't care when it comes out as long as we have good quality.

Yeah, gotta love Bronco websites and thanks to covid, it's been too long coming

and that's why the whinging is starting. It's just how the empassioned behave sometimes..

They'll wind themselves into the ground about issues that  will prove to be trivial

9 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Yeah I've been avoiding it also because of that and I've been sucked into some of the stupidity of it on Facebook.

The other issue is dealerships-they aren't going to know shit about it till December-January, yet people whine about it. After that you have a legitimate reason to gripe about them. I'm waiting for the firestorm of dealers adding ADMs to them, but I think Ford is going to try their best to cut that off at the knees because that will sour alot of the hardcore fans that want a Bronco. 

13 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

It goes back to entitlement and being catered to...now to tie this back to Bronco related content...you see this on social media all the time on different Bronco groups on Facebook. 

You mean like the 1st Edition folks??   LOL  They're ridiculous.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I've been avoiding it also because of that and I've been sucked into some of the stupidity of it on Facebook.

The other issue is dealerships-they aren't going to know shit about it till December-January, yet people whine about it. After that you have a legitimate reason to gripe about them. I'm waiting for the firestorm of dealers adding ADMs to them, but I think Ford is going to try their best to cut that off at the knees because that will sour alot of the hardcore fans that want a Bronco. 

10 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I got off Facebook entirely because of that. 

I like Bronco Nation. 90% people there seem fair and reasonable, and are just genuinely excited about ford and the new Bronco.

• 1 month later...

Just saw on Ford Brazil website that "Bronco" is being advertised as a future launch.

Do you guys think they just mean the baby Bronco, or could a few big Broncos be shipped down here?

Surely there is market for it, look at Troller.

Maybe - hopefully, in fact - once deliveries are stabilized in North America, we can have a taste of it...

https://www.ford.com.br/futuros-lancamentos/bronco/?intcmp=bb-fbr-hp-fbr--return

13 minutes ago, passis said:

Just saw on Ford Brazil website that "Bronco" is being advertised as a future launch.

Do you guys think they just mean the baby Bronco, or could a few big Broncos be shipped down here?

Maybe - hopefully, in fact - once deliveries are stabilized in North America, we can have a taste of it...

https://www.ford.com.br/futuros-lancamentos/bronco/?intcmp=bb-fbr-hp-fbr--return

Baby Bronco or Sport as its known is hitting lots, we had our first yesterday....Area 51...looks great. The Bronco as such has been effected by supply issues directly related to COVID etc....and to tell the truth, Ford was overwhelmed by the response...they really were NOT ready at all...I was figuring September....looks like I may be close...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, passis said:

Why not both? I think both regular Bronco and the Sport will do well in South America.

• Like 2