Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

6 hours ago, akirby said:

Here is a headscratcher- Bronco Sport does not offer seat memory on any trims. 

have to say, I for one don't find that a necessary option...takes 2 seconds to scoot a seat forward and backward and wife andI drive with the same seat height,,,then again they are recaros….but regular powers fine by me , memory, not so much...probably important to some but I kinda question why. That said Ive seen people lose it over some trivial ( well, again in my mind ) absent features...

Just now, Deanh said:

have to say, I for one don't find that a necessary option...takes 2 seconds to scoot a seat forward and backward and wife andI drive with the same seat height,,,then again they are recaros….but regular powers fine by me , memory, not so much...probably important to some but I kinda question why. That said Ive seen people lose it over some trivial ( well, again in my mind ) absent features...

Well memory seats is certainly a necessity for us in our Navigator (30-way adjustable).  However, I see your point for those seats 6-way or whatever power adjustments.

39 minutes ago, Deanh said:

A lot of people have to make multiple adjustments not just moving the seat up and back.  I don’t know of any other vehicle not offering memory seats on the top trim levels.

36 minutes ago, akirby said:

A lot of people have to make multiple adjustments not just moving the seat up and back.  I don’t know of any other vehicle not offering memory seats on the top trim levels.

Well the real Bronco doesn’t offer memory seats either.  Although, I understand the reasoning for not offering it in that application....doesn’t mean it’s acceptable.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, akirby said:

Here is a headscratcher- Bronco Sport does not offer seat memory on any trims. 

Neither does the big Bronco, even opting for the leather/power seats.  I'm disappointed in that, but not the end of the world.

I'd take the A/C seats over memory, alas I have to live without both (I'm sure at least the former will appear in a few years like what happened on Flex, but I don't want to wait lol).

What's the rationale for not offering seat memory on either Bronco or Sport? I would think that on upper trim levels, people kind of expect that to be there. 

Maybe the removable doors on Bronco means they can't run wiring to memory buttons on the door (how do you adjust the seats if the doors are removed)? But they can't find room on the side of the seats itself for a couple of buttons?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

What's the rationale for not offering seat memory on either Bronco or Sport? I would think that on upper trim levels, people kind of expect that to be there. 

Maybe the removable doors on Bronco means they can't run wiring to memory buttons on the door (how do you adjust the seats if the doors are removed)? But they can't find room on the side of the seats itself for a couple of buttons?

Put it on the dash somewhere maybe?

26 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Put it on the dash somewhere maybe?

Center console would work.  At least add the functionality to the key fob.  It is one of those expected features on upper trims that convince buyers to splurge on the fancier model.  Sort of like cable packages....a few channels you really want spread amongst various packages to entice you to go all in.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

It's a bronco.  I doubt memory seats was high on the priority list.

I'm also on team A/C seats... so hopefully in time we'll see more features come around.

13 hours ago, bzcat said:

Ford’s just trying to milk as much money from the early adopters as they can lol

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

True. 

No. IMO Ford key fobs are already way too big. 

I think the way to do this is add it as a software feature to the key fob. Depending upon which key fob is detected in the drivers seat, the seat would automatically adjust the the preferences that are tied to that keyfob. I thought some manufacturers were already doing this with PAAK (Phone as a key).

Yes, the key fobs are already too big.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, valve said:

Yes, the key fobs are already too big.

My father in law drives an older Mazda CX-5 (2010-ish) and his key fob is easily 1/2 the size of my 2019 Flex and about 1/4-1/3 the size of the one for my Fusion. Not sure why they’re that big but it's crazy to see them side by side. 

7 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

True. 

No. IMO Ford key fobs are already way too big. 

No need to add lots of buttons.  Just identify which key fob is present and adjust the seat to the preset assigned to the fob.  Lincoln already does this  on the aviator and I think the SHO supports it also. Size of the fob was likely determined by some studies on what felt comfortable to hold fit in a pocket and not too small to get lost.  The Ford fobs have a built in key.  That may dictate size also.

any seat controls could also be built into the center touch screen or phone as a key.

17 minutes ago, probowler said:

I was gonna suggest this... just add a menu into the infotainment section for seat adjustment and presets.

Our Navigator does this, in addition, the profiles are saved to the Lincoln Way app so you don’t even need the fob.  It does not require physical buttons inside the vehicle to change profiles/seating presets.  Not sure if this is exclusive to Lincoln or there are Ford vehicles that offer these features.  

• Like 1