Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

5 hours ago, probowler said:

I was gonna suggest this... just add a menu into the infotainment section for seat adjustment and presets.

The 30 way adjustable seats already do this for the bolster controls and massage.  Hit the button on the door and the control screen comes up.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, silvrsvt said:

I saw my first 2 Sports in the Flesh this evening...they look really good in person and have a really strong Pre 2012 Escape vibe in the greenhouse. 

They are going to do really well IMO

Starting to see a good amount by me. The big Ford dealer by my has mostly lower trims. They do have a 40k FE though. I can’t imagine just not getting a regular Bronco at that price.

12 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

A lot of dealerships still haven't gotten their first Bronco Sport yet. A lot of units are sitting on rail cars for weeks or being held at the ramps. 

There's a dealership near me that has a Bronco Sport parked prominently in their lot, and it hasn't moved since it was put there 2+ weeks ago.  I'm thinking they lost the keys,,,,,,,,,

HRG

3 minutes ago, HotRunrGuy said:

There's a dealership near me that has a Bronco Sport parked prominently in their lot, and it hasn't moved since it was put there 2+ weeks ago.  I'm thinking they lost the keys,,,,,,,,,

HRG

That's impossible! Dealerships never lose keys... more than once a day! Let see... maybe they're on the sales department key board. No? Maybe they're in the service department. No? Maybe the detail department has them? No? Maybe...

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

A lot of dealerships still haven't gotten their first Bronco Sport yet. A lot of units are sitting on rail cars for weeks or being held at the ramps. 

Hmmmm... Mullinax Ford has 20 sitting on its new car lots. Even the tiny Ford dealer near me has 3 sitting out front. 

23 hours ago, ice-capades said:

That's impossible! Dealerships never lose keys... more than once a day! Let see... maybe they're on the sales department key board. No? Maybe they're in the service department. No? Maybe the detail department has them? No? Maybe...

I visited my local Ford dealership a few weeks ago after their first shipment of Bronco Sports. I kid you not, it took them a good 15-20 minutes just to find the keys to unlock it. 

On 1/9/2021 at 12:18 PM, akirby said:

I’m guessing the seat position sensors aren’t compatible with a wash out interior.  Only thing that makes sense on top models.

But they have power adjustable seats right? So position sensors (and anything electrical) can't be the reason why there is no memory buttons.

1 hour ago, bzcat said:

But they have power adjustable seats right? So position sensors (and anything electrical) can't be the reason why there is no memory buttons.

Yep, but maybe the motors are mounted higher than the sensors.  I don't really know, I'm just grasping for some logical explanation.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:03 PM, bzcat said:

What's the rationale for not offering seat memory on either Bronco or Sport? I would think that on upper trim levels, people kind of expect that to be there. 

Maybe the removable doors on Bronco means they can't run wiring to memory buttons on the door (how do you adjust the seats if the doors are removed)? But they can't find room on the side of the seats itself for a couple of buttons?

Washout interior has been the "reasoning" on the big Bronco, or at least a theoretical reason, as you don't even get power seats unless you check the leather seats box (2 doors don't get power seats at all).  I think it should be there, given the pricepoint, at least as an option (like I say below, they could embed it within the gauge cluster without having to add more buttons) but what do I know...

On 1/8/2021 at 10:11 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Put it on the dash somewhere maybe?

I'm surprised they don't just embed it in the gauge cluster.  That way there are no more buttons needed.

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It may have been PD that said it, but someone mentioned Job 1 for 2022 was in November... 

ford is covering their a$$ by stating that if your reservation IS delayed and you don't get first dibs there will be a magnitude of additional aftermarket options and colors avail....me, Im ok with waiting..but I know there will be uproar.

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

It may have been PD that said it, but someone mentioned Job 1 for 2022 was in November... 

I was told September for MY22.

AFAIK they still intend to start production in March as roof availability and contingency allows. "Full" production by May. MY22 Job 1 September-ish.

Note that they've been *silent* about the order banks that are supposed to open in 6 days, probably trying to figure out how to communicate all this.

Based on anticipated conversion rates, it's possible that onlt those who reserved 7/13 thru maybe 7/18 - 20 or so would end up with a MY21. Myself included.