Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

For all those that poo poo the Dealership model and how its archaic, outdated and not necessary...THIS is exactly the reason Dealerships will remain relevant...as a buffer between the pissed off customers and Ford Corporate....this will, along with all the outrage and complaints about how the whole Bronco process has been handled , will land solely in the Dealership lap.....Fords all hands on riding the waves of appreciation .....until theres issues ….

9 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Definitely no X and D, that's been the case for a while. 

Never heard about D Plan, knew about X, but was relayed today apparently there will be no plans, it is being treated as a Raptor....now whether that remains the case is to be determined. Seems a slap in the face to dealership personnel for sure...even the Mach E has the "plans"

Edited by Deanh

16 minutes ago, Deanh said:

more rumblings, and don't shoot the messenger, and I cannot verify for obvious reasons....rumor is no A, X , Z or D plans...at least that cant be blamed on the dealer....lol.

That will piss off a lot of employees, retirees as well as their families, the backlash would be harsh and swift at management. It would instantly undo what has been done to repair employee moral over the past few months. 

X and D have been a no, and I could see dealers saying no to A and Z but for Ford to ban it would do a lot of damage on a non limited product. Why try to build and design the best vehicle in the class, when you won’t get rewarded for doing it or allow to share your work with family. 

1 minute ago, jasonj80 said:

That will piss off a lot of employees, retirees as well as their families, the backlash would be harsh and swift at management. It would instantly undo what has been done to repair employee moral over the past few months. 

X and D have been a no, and I could see dealers saying no to A and Z but for Ford to ban it would do a lot of damage on a non limited product. Why try to build and design the best vehicle in the class, when you won’t get rewarded for doing it or allow to share your work with family. 

I could see it on the First Edition...the others not so much...me, I decided to wait till 2022, its been such a cock up Ill wait, maybe things will change somewhat...but I have to say..BADLY handled Ford...BADLY! Bloody amateur' hour, although I cannot say Im surprised...

1 minute ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Keep the MAP team in your thoughts. This situation is going to be VERY fluid, until it isn't.

Painfully slow start to avoid any hiccups. Poasibly looking at 8+ weeks between SOP and OKTB.

can you please decipher the acronyms IDK ( I don't know ) for the life of me WTPT ( what they pertain too )...Im just a DA ( Dumb A$$ )

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Keep the MAP team in your thoughts. This situation is going to be VERY fluid, until it isn't.

Painfully slow start to avoid any hiccups. Poasibly looking at 8+ weeks between SOP and OKTB.

1 minute ago, Deanh said:

can you please decipher the acronyms IDK ( I don't know ) for the life of me WTPT ( what they pertain too )...Im just a DA ( Dumb A$$ )

SOP-Start of Production?
OKTB-Ok to Buy?

41 minutes ago, Deanh said:

more rumblings, and don't shoot the messenger, and I cannot verify for obvious reasons....rumor is no A, X , Z or D plans...at least that cant be blamed on the dealer....lol.

Interesting, as of tonight the letter posted on the AZX Plan site still shows AZD allowed.

HRG

Ford AZX Eligible.pdf

Edited by HotRunrGuy

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

another issue....Dealerships will receive their allocation, but do NOT have to stick to the order the reservations came in....think someone that knows the owner or has a "contact" now has the potential to queue jump?

Not quite. Dealers can submit orders in whichever, um, order they want. Reservation timestamp is the first consideration in the blend date formula once the order is submitted for scheduling.

(This is a change from the first reservation conversion workflow)

Edited by PREMiERdrum

12 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Job 1 for MY22 now set for December (and likely locked in). Expect some late availability options to become available for MY21 builds in September...ish.

Nothing is “locked in” in this industry right now. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Sad 1

Just now, jasonj80 said:

Nothing is “locked in” in this industry right now. 

Excellent point. "Locked in" as of this morning means they're comfortable with how much they've hedged commodity issues.

I'm pointing out MY22 Job 1 now being in Dec because as recently as last week I was told Sept for MY22 Job 1 and no MY21 Job 2. Obviously the #s they settled on since forced the change.

If you have an early timestamp 4 door 2.3 auto non-Sasquatch Bronco... you'll get it pretty quick. Even better if it's a soft top. Absolute lowest risk for parts shortages.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Deanh said:

Never heard about D Plan, knew about X, but was relayed today apparently there will be no plans, it is being treated as a Raptor....now whether that remains the case is to be determined. Seems a slap in the face to dealership personnel for sure...even the Mach E has the "plans"

Agree that it's dumb.  Like you said, I could see for 1st Edition maybe, and for the coming Warthog, but for regular models, it's dumb.   I'm sure they'll open that up eventually, but it's annoying for early adopters.

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I thought A/Z weren't able to be turned down by dealers, aren't they mandatory? 

Not sure about the US but in Canada the dealer doesn't have to participate in the program. Always need to ask first (not that i've ever been turned down).

8 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Agree that it's dumb.  Like you said, I could see for 1st Edition maybe, and for the coming Warthog, but for regular models, it's dumb.   I'm sure they'll open that up eventually, but it's annoying for early adopters.

Why would any company offer discounts on a product that is sold out and likely fetch a premium?  They can add incentives, lower pricing, employee discounts, increased marketing etc. after initial demand is met.  Companies are generally set up and run to optimize profits.  Non-profits, regulated monopolies, etc. being the exceptions.  As long as there is a customer willing to pay the price Ford is requesting for the Bronco, there is no need to add special incentives for employees.  They either pay the same price as everyone else or wait for the price to be lowered.  Shareholders have a different idea of dumb.