Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

We have a reservation and are looking forward to getting in a Bronco. However, eliminating X Plan availability in addition to the potential options and colors becoming available next year has us pausing and likely just waiting until they are in supply and X plan availability. This will replace my wife's 2018 Wrangler Unlimited. Our conundrum is the absolutely horrible steering issues and electronic issues that plague it. Both are well documented issues and the local dealer is dodgy on applying the TSB on the steering (new gearbox). On top of that, the new steering gear has fixed many owners vehicles but others are reporting new issues. Then there's the matter of "several months" backorder. We were hoping to trade it and just avoid the hassle. The electronics are really annoying. On at least 50% of the startups, the radio will freeze with no ability to change anything- including the HVAC controls. You have to shut it down and restart.  But we will either wait it out and get a Bronco or trade it on another Ford. We are a Ford family with a soft spot for Wranglers. The other Wrangler is the wife's summer cruiser (lifted 98 TJ) and it drives better on the interstate than her 2018.

C'mon Ford GIVE ME A BRONCO!

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2021 at 3:33 PM, akirby said:

Many dealers are honoring the x plan price anyway.

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2021 at 4:36 PM, 02MustangGT said:

Many dealers are selling at invoice.  A few are selling at under invoice if you are willing to travel.  I’m not opposed to traveling but I chose a smaller dealer in my region to fulfill my order at invoice with ZERO doc or dealer fees.  

Absolutely ZERO Dealers have sold any at those prices. I fully expect shenanigan's when they actually hit lots late summer...until then all pricing or promises are heresay...you have no vin numbers or contracts...I truly hope they back up what they have promised, but Ive seen this too many times....

4 hours ago, Deanh said:

Absolutely ZERO Dealers have sold any at those prices. I fully expect shenanigan's when they actually hit lots late summer...until then all pricing or promises are heresay...you have no vin numbers or contracts...I truly hope they back up what they have promised, but Ive seen this too many times....

I tend to side with Dean on this one. No doubt there will be a few reputable dealers that honor their word but I would expect a larger amount of dealers that will not honor any discounts and ask MSRP only. If Ford allows them to tack on ADM, I would expect that too. If my memory serves me correctly, Ford put the kabosh on ADM for the Bronco, correct? Just expect pandemonium when they start hitting dealer lots. I fully expect there will be a lot of hurt feelings on BG6 next summer. 

I am not sure this scenario is possible, but this is how I think it will happen. For the customers who did not get under MSRP pricing in writing, they put in their order/deposit at certain dealership. Bronco gets to dealership and the contract says MSRP. Customer can take it or back out and get deposit back. Dealer will sell it at MSRP in less than an hour if customer backs out.

Edited by jcartwright99
bad grammar

Ford is trying with the price gouging issue. If a dealer orders Bronco's and they are NOT sold to customers whom names are on the reservation that dealer then gets LESS allocation the next month. So if a dealer is playing games with customers they might end up screwing their own customers down the road as to when the vehicle comes in. If a bunch of people play hardball with the dealer the dealer has to basically cave as they won't get allocation in later months. I've just been told it is a very low number of people that can't complete the transaction, A/Z/D is apparently still a go (at this point) however unlike most vehicles -- audits will be done to make sure those using PINS still own the vehicle 6 months after and are not trying to sell for a profit. They may suspend the benefit  fo the employee if people are violation this. 

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I tend to side with Dean on this one. No doubt there will be a few reputable dealers that honor their word but I would expect a larger amount of dealers that will not honor any discounts and ask MSRP only. If Ford allows them to tack on ADM, I would expect that too. If my memory serves me correctly, Ford put the kabosh on ADM for the Bronco, correct? Just expect pandemonium when they start hitting dealer lots. I fully expect there will be a lot of hurt feelings on BG6 next summer. 

I am not sure this scenario is possible, but this is how I think it will happen. For the customers who did not get under MSRP pricing in writing, they put in their order/deposit at certain dealership. Bronco gets to dealership and the contract says MSRP. Customer can take it or back out and get deposit back. Dealer will sell it at MSRP in less than an hour if customer backs out.

The one dealer I looked at documented the $1000 below invoice pricing on their website with no footnotes.  It will be difficult for them to get out of that without repucussions.  I agree I don’t understand the business model.

5 hours ago, Deanh said:

Out of curiosity, if one received such a promise from the dealer but later the dealer backed out of that promised x-plan or invoice pricing, would the customer still be on the hook to purchase that car? Would the customer lose their deposit if they decided not to buy after the dealer changed a verbal agreement on them?

41 minutes ago, probowler said:

Out of curiosity, if one received such a promise from the dealer but later the dealer backed out of that promised x-plan or invoice pricing, would the customer still be on the hook to purchase that car? Would the customer lose their deposit if they decided not to buy after the dealer changed a verbal agreement on them?

if they don't purchase the car their deposit would be refunded, thats actually law. Ive just seen this too many times...number of times hearing of promises on vehicles such as the Raptor , GT350s and 500s at MSRP and below, only to find out they were lied to(either the Dealer woke up and realized the market or slammed huge backend products down the consumers throats to make $ up ) I cant count by using my fingers and toes...so pardon me being blunt....too much BS in this business

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcartwright99 said:

we committed to MSRP...and based on pricing theres less than $500 markup on the base models and around $2500 in top of the line...and some dealers are advertising, or stating $1000 below invoice.RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!....wait till they get their first allocation...we had 400 reservations ...we initially got 28 vehicles...and seriously $1000 below invoice?...that's BACK of holdback...expect a war in finance if that's the case...

Edited by Deanh

1 hour ago, probowler said:

If this happens they’ll get a full refund and when Ford finds out the dealer will face serious penalties.  It’s a stupid thing to do.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Deanh said:

we committed to MSRP...and based on pricing theres less than $500 markup on the base models and around $2500 in top of the line...and some dealers are advertising, or stating $1000 below invoice.RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!....wait till they get their first allocation...we had 400 reservations ...we initially got 28 vehicles...and seriously $1000 below invoice?...that's BACK of holdback...expect a war in finance if that's the case...

Gotta push those ESP's, undercoating, and Scotchguard treatments...

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, akirby said:

If this happens they’ll get a full refund and when Ford finds out the dealer will face serious penalties.  It’s a stupid thing to do.

Im not sure unless there is a vin number and a signed agreement....and lets be truthful here...the Dealers are NOT the ones that state a vehicle will have plan pricing or not...that's FORD. We have stated to our customers IF there is plan pricing we will abide by it.

58 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Gotta push those ESP's, undercoating, and Scotchguard treatments...

Back in the early 2000s the Lincoln marketing VP Jim Rogers called it “Mop-n-glo”.  He also mentioned taking a baseball bat to dealers putting fake vinyl roofs on Lincoln LSes.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, slemke said:

Picturing the scene from the movie “Fargo” where the couple is at the car dealership buying a car.

A classic,,,,,

Customer: We sat here right in this room and went over this and over this!
Jerry: Yeah, but that TruCoat--
Customer: I sat right here and said I didn't want no TruCoat!
Jerry: Yeah, but I'm sayin', that TruCoat, you don't get it and you get oxidization problems. It'll cost you a heck of lot more'n five hundred--
Customer: You're sittin' here, you're talkin' in circles! You're talkin' like we didn't go over this already!
Jerry: Yeah, but this TruCoat--
Customer: We had us a deal here for nine-teen-five. You sat there and darned if you didn't tell me you'd get this car, these options, without the sealant, for nine-teen-five!
Jerry: All right, I'm not sayin' I didn't--
Customer: You called me twenty minutes ago and said you had it! Ready to make delivery, ya says! Come on down and get it! And here ya are and you're wastin' my time and you're wastin' my wife's time and I'm payin' nineteen-five for this vehicle here!
Jerry: All right. I'll talk to my boss. See, they install that TruCoat at the factory, there's nothin' we can do, but I'll talk to my boss.
[Jerry leaves the room]
Customer: [to his wife] These guys here--these guys! It's always the same! It's always more!
[Other room]
Jerry: You goin' to the Gophers on Sunday?
Salesman: Oh you betcha.
Jerry: You wouldn't happen to have an extra ticket?
Salesman: You kiddin'!
[Jerry returns to his office]
Jerry: Well, he never done this before. But seeing as it's special cir****stances and all, he says I can knock a hundred dollars off that Trucoat.
Customer: One hundred--You lied to me, Mr Lundegaard. You're a bald-faced liar. A ****ing liar.
Customer's Wife: Bucky, please.
Customer: Where's my god damn check book? Let's get this over with.

• Like 1

Alright... I’ll confess my reservation is with one of the major dealers offering the $1k below invoice. It’s on their website in writing and states no dealership addons. I’m thinking where they plan on making up ground is to short change the customers on their trade ins. The one I’m lined up to order from says they want me to have my vehicle valued at the nearest ACV a month before I’m due for pickup. I’ve never traded a car in before. Anything I need to watch out for?

3 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Alright... I’ll confess my reservation is with one of the major dealers offering the $1k below invoice. It’s on their website in writing and states no dealership addons. I’m thinking where they plan on making up ground is to short change the customers on their trade ins. The one I’m lined up to order from says they want me to have my vehicle valued at the nearest ACV a month before I’m due for pickup. I’ve never traded a car in before. Anything I need to watch out for?

After talking this over with my cousin (a dealer GM)... these dealers were likely expecting a bit more headroom in the numbers and rolled the dice on a huge # of early Bronco reservation conversions would pay off in dividends with the increase in allocation in later model years. 

I have to echo Dirty Bronco's concerns that they will try to make up this difference in shorting trades when able. They're set to lose at least a few hundred bucks per unit with some of these deals. 

More fun....how many WILL actually put orders in with the multitude of commodity issues...expect delays if you want the 2.7 engine, Sasquatch package ( which also effects the Wildtrak )...the 2 door!!!!!!!!, Lux Package, leather seating options and.........….hard-top......I forsee a bunch just waiting for September next year....2022

41 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

After talking this over with my cousin (a dealer GM)... these dealers were likely expecting a bit more headroom in the numbers and rolled the dice on a huge # of early Bronco reservation conversions would pay off in dividends with the increase in allocation in later model years. 

I have to echo Dirty Bronco's concerns that they will try to make up this difference in shorting trades when able. They're set to lose at least a few hundred bucks per unit with some of these deals. 

that's just stupid management IMO....shot themselves in the foot, now the chest bumping has consequences...on a vehicle this hot, and in this short supply...one has to ask...WHO MADE THAT BONEHEADED DECISION?????? 

49 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

find a local CARMAX and cover your backside....get a buy bid.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

More fun....how many WILL actually put orders in with the multitude of commodity issues...expect delays if you want the 2.7 engine, Sasquatch package ( which also effects the Wildtrak )...the 2 door!!!!!!!!, Lux Package, leather seating options and.........….hard-top......I forsee a bunch just waiting for September next year....2022

Their expected reservation conversion rate is still bananas, though I supposed they're trying to use "worst case scenario" numbers to keep expectations in check. 

The early allocation estimates released last week were factored assuming a *100%* conversion rate. This gives dealers plenty of incentive to convert as many reservations as possible, as their actual allocation will be factored after the 3/19 order bank closing. Dealers electing only to convert enough orders to fill their allocation are killing their final numbers, and screwing the customers in the bottom 1/3rd of their 2021 estimated allocation. 

Internally, they are still benchmarking a total 75-80% conversion rate for reservations in total, including reservations that will be pushed to MY22 either for commodity issues or production capacity constraints. I think this number is probably 10-15% too high. Conservatively. 

These numbers together paint a picture that the MY21 reservation - order - production - delivery timeline being floated in incredibly pessimistic compared to realistic numbers. Unless things get substantially more sideways, I anticipate many more reservation holders getting MY21 vehicles than probably currently expect them.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

find a local CARMAX and cover your backside....get a buy bid.

I am taking my current 15 Explorer in to be serviced this Thursday. I plan on having them do an evaluation of the vehicle. I originally wanted to go with them as we have our fleet account with them and have literally bought dozens of vehicles through them over the years. They weren't willing to budge at all on price. I'm hoping they can make up some ground on the trade value. Regardless, I already looked at the KBB value, instant cash offer and have other dealers in my area calling wanting to buy it. Hopefully I can work something out and get it in writing. I'm not familiar with the term "ARV" which the mass dealer has on their website. Is this value known to be below the average trade in value for vehicles?