Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

Speak of the devil... could really use your opinions on this. Right when I finished sending my last message on this thread a Ford Dealership called me about my Explorer. They stated they have a current offer of employee pricing on all 2021 models including the Ford Bronco. I made the guy confirm it was the big Bronco and not the Bronco sport. He confirmed this was the case and that the 2/4 Door model was included. The kicker is they want me to bring my car in this weekend for an assessment. I am fine with this but before I drive 4 hours round trip... what kind of deal can I really expect out of employee pricing? Will they just gouge me on my trade as well?

6 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Speak of the devil... could really use your opinions on this. Right when I finished sending my last message on this thread a Ford Dealership called me about my Explorer. They stated they have a current offer of employee pricing on all 2021 models including the Ford Bronco. I made the guy confirm it was the big Bronco and not the Bronco sport. He confirmed this was the case and that the 2/4 Door model was included. The kicker is they want me to bring my car in this weekend for an assessment. I am fine with this but before I drive 4 hours round trip... what kind of deal can I really expect out of employee pricing? Will they just gouge me on my trade as well?

A different dealership than your reservation is currently though, correct?

I'd almost be certain that he's mistaken and once you get down there they'll try to get you in a Sport. Are they assessing your car now for potential trade-in this summer? If so, isn't that a bit worthless? Red flags all over the place here, brother. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

I'd almost be certain that he's mistaken and once you get down there they'll try to get you in a Sport. Are they assessing your car now for potential trade-in this summer? If so, isn't that a bit worthless? Red flags all over the place here, brother. 

Different dealership. Yes, my vehicle this summer. I was planning on calling back after work and asking to speak with a manager and then try and get something in writing before I even leave my house. Regardless, this is what I needed to hear. Thank you for the insight. 

20 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

to re-iterate...as far as I know, and what has been shared by  Ford Corporate...there is NO employee pricing or plan pricing on Broncos....

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Yeah...sounds fishy. When I was trying to unload my MKZ, I had a dealer give me a trade in price that was to good to be true. I asked him to verify it with his manager before I came in. He said he did but when I got there, it all went to shit. Manager comes out, I can't give you that on trade in my sales guy mistook what I said. Yeah right. I told them to expect a poor review on your sales tactics and politely left. Needless to say, I found there was a ton of negative reviews about "pricing mistakes". They must of taken that course as a sales tactic. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Different dealership. Yes, my vehicle this summer. I was planning on calling back after work and asking to speak with a manager and then try and get something in writing before I even leave my house. Regardless, this is what I needed to hear. Thank you for the insight. 

which rears THIS question...how did a different dealership get your contact info and know the vehicle you were interested in?....

6 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

Yeah...sounds fishy. When I was trying to unload my MKZ, I had a dealer give me a trade in price that was to good to be true. I asked him to verify it with his manager before I came in. He said he did but when I got there, it all went to shit. Manager comes out, I can't give you that on trade in my sales guy mistook what I said. Yeah right. I told them to expect a poor review on your sales tactics and politely left. Needless to say, I found there was a ton of negative reviews about "pricing mistakes". They must of taken that course as a sales tactic. 

not defending dealerships tactics...but sight unseen trade in values are ripe with error.....I can raise my hand to that one...

20 minutes ago, Deanh said:

which rears THIS question...how did a different dealership get your contact info and know the vehicle you were interested in?....

I filled out a bunch of online stuff for pricing breakdowns. (Instant cash offers online etc.) Just as a ways to cover my butt from being scammed on the trade when the time came. Edmunds had me give my number. So they for sure got it from that.

1 hour ago, Dirty Bronco said:

My opinion is that this dealership is tired of hearing from customers that are waiting to buy a Bronco  6+ months from now,  and they're trying to tell the customers anything they can to bring people in to sell Fords from their current inventory at 'big discounts'.  If you don't want to play these games, wait some more until there are plenty of Broncos to go around. 

6 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Their expected reservation conversion rate is still bananas, though I supposed they're trying to use "worst case scenario" numbers to keep expectations in check. 

The early allocation estimates released last week were factored assuming a *100%* conversion rate. This gives dealers plenty of incentive to convert as many reservations as possible, as their actual allocation will be factored after the 3/19 order bank closing. Dealers electing only to convert enough orders to fill their allocation are killing their final numbers, and screwing the customers in the bottom 1/3rd of their 2021 estimated allocation. 

Internally, they are still benchmarking a total 75-80% conversion rate for reservations in total, including reservations that will be pushed to MY22 either for commodity issues or production capacity constraints. I think this number is probably 10-15% too high. Conservatively. 

These numbers together paint a picture that the MY21 reservation - order - production - delivery timeline being floated in incredibly pessimistic compared to realistic numbers. Unless things get substantially more sideways, I anticipate many more reservation holders getting MY21 vehicles than probably currently expect them.

Yeah, after everything that's happened, they probably are trying to go the underpromise overdeliver route.

9 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I mean, it's very clearly a joke

Can you throw some A/C seats in mine please?   ? ?

• Haha 1

To my dealer friends or those in the know... someone on B6G posted that Bronco fleet ordering is now open. They were unable to provide me with any specifics on if there was any sort of discount. Based on history, after a vehicle is added to the fleet list, how long does it take to indicate if there is a deal or not? I've found Ford's fleet program deals for 20 and 21MYs online but the 21MY has not bee updated in months. As you guys know, I am currently traveling 8 hours round trip for the below invoice deal in West Virginia. I would love to stay local though. Even a slight fleet discount would be a night and day difference in my book. Thanks in advance.

10 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

To my dealer friends or those in the know... someone on B6G posted that Bronco fleet ordering is now open. They were unable to provide me with any specifics on if there was any sort of discount. Based on history, after a vehicle is added to the fleet list, how long does it take to indicate if there is a deal or not? I've found Ford's fleet program deals for 20 and 21MYs online but the 21MY has not bee updated in months. As you guys know, I am currently traveling 8 hours round trip for the below invoice deal in West Virginia. I would love to stay local though. Even a slight fleet discount would be a night and day difference in my book. Thanks in advance.

All ordering is now open, not just fleet.  Do you have a fleet code?

14 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

akirby beat me to it. Why are you so concerned with the fleet incentives for the 2021 Bronco?