Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

3 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

I received the DORA from my dealer this morning.  Everything is accurate, it even indicates the painted modular hardtop is late availability.  

going to be very  interesting on how long it takes to get a vin number....congrats.

14 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

My Wildtrak also lists "Wildtrak with Lux Package"  on my order summary. Dealer said they will call to look over the DORA when they get it. The summary is missing options some free standing options though.

Strange.  In the system I saw (was doing it with my sales guy), it wasn't there.

7 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

The only question left for me is in regards to the engines. Will the 2.3 feel sluggish in the 4 door? I don’t want to have buyers remorse if I get the 4. If I get the 6 then it most likely means a base Big Bend for me.

I’m in the 2023 camp so those questions should be answered by then. 

I don't see any danger in it feeling sluggish on its own.  It has more power than a 2004 Mustang GT 4.6L V8.

On 1/26/2021 at 1:24 PM, jcartwright99 said:

Will the 2.3 feel sluggish in the 4 door?

I wouldn't worry about feeling sluggish; feeling it might actually feel more responsive at the low end with the 10 speed auto. The biggest issue for me is if it is always in the turbo at 75-80mph and you end up with worse mileage than the V6 has, plus way more noise.

Edited by jasonj80
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

The only question left for me is in regards to the engines. Will the 2.3 feel sluggish in the 4 door? I don’t want to have buyers remorse if I get the 4. If I get the 6 then it most likely means a base Big Bend for me.

I’m in the 2023 camp so those questions should be answered by then. 

Go drive a Crew Cab Ranger. There's your answer 

• Like 2

Got the final permission from the boss to go ahead and place the order! Can’t wait! I ordered through Stephen’s Auto who is one of the below invoice mass sellers. Will keep you guys posted if anything goes sideways. So far they’ve been a pleasure to work with. 

@PREMiERdrum going though CBus on the way back only adds half an hour onto my trip home. If things aren’t too crazy maybe the girlfriend and I will swing through to buy you and the family dinner as a thanks for feeding me Bronco information all these years.

91BE38D5-E42A-464C-A83E-EFBAEAB8A816.png

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Got the final permission from the boss to go ahead and place the order! Can’t wait! I ordered through Stephen’s Auto who is one of the below invoice mass sellers. Will keep you guys posted if anything goes sideways. So far they’ve been a pleasure to work with. 

@PREMiERdrum going though CBus on the way back only adds half an hour onto my trip home. If things aren’t too crazy maybe the girlfriend and I will swing through to buy you and the family dinner as a thanks for feeding me Bronco information all these years.

91BE38D5-E42A-464C-A83E-EFBAEAB8A816.png

Congratulations! Hell of a build. 

Would love for you to swing through and meet up. Plan on it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Go drive a Crew Cab Ranger. There's your answer 

Do we know what the official weight is for each model yet? I could be wrong but I am thinking those off road bits may make the Bronco considerably heavier than the Ranger. 

Updated: I found the numbers on BG6. For 4 door models with no options, Big Bend = 4487 and Black Diamond = 4845. The heaviest Ranger seems to be 4400. 

Edited by jcartwright99
Found the weight

11 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

Do we know what the official weight is for each model yet? I could be wrong but I am thinking those off road bits may make the Bronco considerably heavier than the Ranger. 

Updated: I found the numbers on BG6. For 4 door models with no options, Big Bend = 4487 and Black Diamond = 4845. The heaviest Ranger seems to be 4400. 

Obviously a 445 pound difference could be huge but does an 87 pound difference really matter? 

13 hours ago, jcartwright99 said:

What this tells me is that if I get a Big Bend the 2.3 should be similar to Ranger, which is good. However, the heavier Bronco's might need the V6 to keep the same feel. 

wonder if that Ford ECM flash will work on the Bronco for the 2.3?....

58 minutes ago, jcartwright99 said:

I figure Ford Performance will offer a tune that doesn't void the warranty in a year or so. I bet other tuners will sooner but those void warranty.

you would think with it being basically exactly the same engine as the Ranger it would work as is, the only question would be it being compatible with the Broncos more advanced 4x4 system maybe?...and seriously I don't have a clue...but that hp and torque bump would inject some serious smiles regarding a stick, or auto Bronco with  the 2.3...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Obviously a 445 pound difference could be huge but does an 87 pound difference really matter? 

Bronco has a secret weight-reducing weapon though!

Remove the doors and roof and viola!  Remove a couple hundred pounds hahahah!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1