Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

1 minute ago, PREMiERdrum said:

BIG development: Bronco mass production set to begin Monday, March 29th. This leaves about 5 weeks between the start of full production and the published Job 1... now the big question is on which side of Job 1 is the OKTB issued? 

So is this good news or bad news for us with an early reservation?

23 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

So is this good news or bad news for us with an early reservation?

12 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

It depends, do you want your Bronco sooner or later? Unless there is some really big teething pains, I think this means Bronco deliveries could begin in early May.  

Sounds to me like the First Edition models are getting built <ahem> first....

1 minute ago, twintornados said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Haven't seen or heard of many first edition Bronco Sports and Mach-Es being delivered yet. It would have been all over my Twitter feed, Mike Levine likes and/or retweets a lot of posts about Mach E and BS deliveries. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I wouldn't be too sure about that. Haven't seen or heard of many first edition Bronco Sports and Mach-Es being delivered yet. It would have been all over my Twitter feed, Mike Levine likes and/or retweets a lot of posts about Mach E and BS deliveries. 

I would defer to your insight since you are literally at "ground zero" for Bronco production...

4 minutes ago, twintornados said:

I would defer to your insight since you are literally at "ground zero" for Bronco production...

I have zero insight on that TBH. All I know is if it's a 3 door or 5 door. The rest of it is irrelevant to us in body shop. I'm just drawing a conclusion based on other recent launches and hoping it's at least close ?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Nope. I'd be surprised to see any First Editions scheduled at least prior to published Job 1. 

2.3 Big Bend 4 doors will make up the bulk of the earliest units from what I understand... and no, that has nothing to do with the fact that it's my exact build. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PREMiERdrum said:

Nope. I'd be surprised to see any First Editions scheduled at least prior to published Job 1. 

2.3 Big Bend 4 doors will make up the bulk of the earliest units from what I understand... and no, that has nothing to do with the fact that it's my exact build. 

Well, lets hope they sneak a few 2.7 Black Diamond 4 doors in there for purely personal reasons...

2 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

weve delivered quite a few MACH-E's...probably somewhere around 10,same gos for the Sports...we have also placed quite a few orders based off of people actually getting to see the vehicles in person...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

BIG development: Bronco mass production set to begin Monday, March 29th. This leaves about 5 weeks between the start of full production and the published Job 1... now the big question is on which side of Job 1 is the OKTB issued? 

I believe this is a 500 unit build stage (please double check me on that I can't recall the date of it). One thing I noticed from another post you made elsewhere. All Broncos have been built at regular line "launch speed".

I would not expect the JOB1 date to change much if at all based on observations at this time.

23 minutes ago, Deanh said:

weve delivered quite a few MACH-E's...probably somewhere around 10,same gos for the Sports...we have also placed quite a few orders based off of people actually getting to see the vehicles in person...

How many are First Editions though? Seems the majority I've seen are AWD Premiums 

1 hour ago, feedtalefour said:

I find it funny that the auto press is describing the soon-to-be-released Bronco as "based on the redesigned Ranger" coming a couple years down the road.

Why does it seem funny to you? They are correct. Bronco is based on the next Ranger chassis. Ranger does not currently have a coil sprung rear suspension amongst other things.

10 minutes ago, twintornados said:

Why does it seem funny to you? They are correct. Bronco is based on the next Ranger chassis. Ranger does not currently have a coil sprung rear suspension amongst other things.

It's actually the other way around. The Ranger we have here now is the bridge to get from ROW Ranger to Bronco. Bronco is the basis for NG Ranger, or so that's the rumor I've heard anyway. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo

3 hours ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

My dealer had a 1st Edition BS inside a while back.  Not sure how many others they've had.

3 hours ago, PREMiERdrum said:

PD pulling strings I see!  ? ?

3 hours ago, twintornados said:

Eh, I think 1st Editions also have several items that were on the late availability list, unless they're (rightfully) prioritized over non-1st editions with those parts.

24 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I think 1st Editions also have several items that were on the late availability list, unless they're (rightfully) prioritized over non-1st editions with those parts.

I think first edition is a bit of a misnomer. I believe First Edition means more that it's fully loaded to celebrate the launch (kinda like the 50th anniversary S550 Mustang) rather than the first ones built. It should be called launch edition but FCA Stellantis got a jump on that name. 

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

How many are First Editions though? Seems the majority I've seen are AWD Premiums 

zero....zilch, NADA....not sure why on the E, but theres a commodity issue in the Bronco Sports that pertains to anything with the 2.0 engine...

1 hour ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I think first edition is a bit of a misnomer. I believe First Edition means more that it's fully loaded to celebrate the launch (kinda like the 50th anniversary S550 Mustang) rather than the first ones built. It should be called launch edition but FCA Stellantis got a jump on that name. 

I agree with that.  I didn't necessarily mean first built, but that they might prioritize the First Editions over other similarly equipped non-First Edition models.

7 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I agree with that.  I didn't necessarily mean first built, but that they might prioritize the First Editions over other similarly equipped non-First Edition models.

the First Editions were a limited run of basically fully loaded versions of either the Bronco Sport, MACH E or Bronco....

4 hours ago, twintornados said:

The Ranger Raptor and the Everest have Watts link Rear suspension with coil springs....

Bronco is the first vehicle developed of next gen T6 architecture, it had to be that way 

to bake in all of Bronco's differences, Ranger, Everest and VW Amarok will all benefit.

Edited by jpd80

49 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

The 2.0eb is a fantastic engine. Really glad I opted for it (read: it was the only option I had left) with the new car. 

me too, although the build date on our Badlands just got kicked back a month....from April 12th to May....oh well....if youre on that line and vin # MRA68033 pops up...please feel free to sign the dashboard...

Edited by Deanh