Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

2 hours ago, Deanh said:

me too, although the build date on our Badlands just got kicked back a month....from April 12th to May....oh well....if youre on that line and vin # MRA68033 pops up...please feel free to sign the dashboard...

I could but it would be painted over anyway, if it survives the acid bath to begin with. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Deanh said:

me too, although the build date on our Badlands just got kicked back a month....from April 12th to May....oh well....if youre on that line and vin # MRA68033 pops up...please feel free to sign the dashboard...

You got a vin already?  That's not long enough for a vin number is it?

Edited by rmc523

45 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

You got a vin already?  That's not long enough for a vin number is it?

Edit: Nevermind, I'm an idiot ?

The last 8 are the only ones that matter to me on the line because they’re the most unique. The first several are all the same for that mode line. 

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mackinaw said:

Cool video. I have a 1994 F-150.  This gives me an idea of how my truck was made.  

That’s my favorite generation F150, probably as it was the generation when I got my license. Love the first gen Lightning, but what I really wanted was a flareside. 

Edited by sullynd
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, sullynd said:

That’s my favorite generation F150, probably as it was the generation when I got my license. Love the first gen Lightning, but what I really wanted was a flareside. 

Mine too.  My first F-150 was a 1994 XLT Supercab with a 5.8L I bought in 1996.  What I wouldn’t do to have that truck back. 

Off topic:  I saw my Ford Focus I traded in 2 years ago today in a Chili’s parking lot. I hope the new owner is having better luck with it than I was. Looked just as good as the day I traded it in (ie. perfect)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Anthony said:

Mine too.  My first F-150 was a 1994 XLT Supercab with a 5.8L I bought in 1996.  What I wouldn’t do to have that truck back. 

Mine is a '94 XL.  Standard cab, 2WD, 4.9L straight six, E4OD tranny.  Bench seats with no floor carpeting, just rubber mats.  Roll-up manual windows.  About 135,000 miles.  It was undercoated  by the original owner, so minimal rust.  I'm the second owner.  Just a good old-fashioned work truck that I'll own until I die.

Edited by mackinaw
typo
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, sullynd said:

My dream OBS would be a lightning with a flare side bed swap.

41 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Lol wut? 

Someone on B6G linked a facebook post from someone who works inside Dearborn. The post included photos of a machine on fire / the aftermath of it being burned. They since took them down. The basis of the post was "Get ready for another delay..." Could all be nonsense but figured you'd be one to know lol.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-production-line-equipment-suffers-fire.13347/

Edited by Dirty Bronco

2 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Someone on B6G linked a facebook post from someone who works inside Dearborn. The post included photos of a machine on fire / the aftermath of it being burned. They since took them down. The basis of the post was "Get ready for another delay..." Could all be nonsense but figured you'd be one to know lol.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/bronco-production-line-equipment-suffers-fire.13347/

I read the post. It sounds like if it's true it's one of the press lines and there really isn't one dedicated to a single vehicle. Even here at MAP we stamp parts for other plants, not just Ranger. I don't think there's anything to be concerned about, again if it's even true at all. 

• Like 1

On 2/28/2021 at 12:48 PM, sullynd said:

I had a 93 Lightning and kept it for 10 years. It had about 193k on it when I traded it in. That was with little more than routine maintenance. Nice seeing some on the assembly line.

39 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

42% of orders have been converted nationally for the Bronco...which accounts for roughly 80% of 2021 production

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/42-order-conversion-rate-nationally-with-10-days-to-go.13611/

I gotta wonder how many are waiting to see what 2022 will have and how many cancelled due to job losses. 

For those interested, I just put this up at 6g using the data they've collected on order conversions thus far. 

Ok folks, so I took the liberty of grabbing the excel data provided in the conversion tracking data thread so I could do some more detailed/thorough breakdowns of the numbers so far.

With 2,353 orders being tracked, here are the color breakdowns by trims......

*One thing to note - I found 7 mislabeled colors in the data:

- One was a Base Cactus Gray, which you can't get - I substituted in Oxford White (it was a toss up between that, Carbonized Gray, or Iconic Silver)

- 1 First Edition was in Velocity Blue; I corrected it to Lightning Blue

- The remaining 5 were labeled Lightning Blues on 1 OBX, 3 Badlands and 1 Wildtrak that you can't get, so those were all corrected to Velocity Blue

Anyway......the chart shows obviously the color name, but the unit count in that color, plus percentage of the trim.  Below the graph of each, there's the total number of units tracked for the trim, the percentage that trim is of overall tracked units thus far, and the total number of units tracked thus far and the date.  I couldn't figure out how to do the fancy 3D donut the mods had, so you're stuck with a regular pie chart haha.

?hash=65758b851e2ba00538374628dd25c7b2

I plan on getting to a similar comparison of the trims with packages (mid/high/lux) as well as sasquatch/no sasquatch, but wanted to push this out now that I finished it.

If there are any requests for other charts, I'm willing to entertain them

• Like 4