Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2021 at 12:55 PM, fuzzymoomoo said:

I gotta wonder how many are waiting to see what 2022 will have and how many cancelled due to job losses. 

I FIT THAT DESCRIPTION...Mind you I want a manual trans Badlands with the Sasquatch...Which isn't avail till 2022 anyways

6 minutes ago, probowler said:

The amount of grays and silvers being ordered is honestly kind of disgusting. My local ford has 7 or 8 babies on the way, and 4 of them are gray. 1 is white, and the others are black.

Totally garbage, non-existent color selection.

Couldn’t agree more, hence why I chose Velocity Blue for my Outer Banks order.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, probowler said:

The amount of grays and silvers being ordered is honestly kind of disgusting. My local ford has 7 or 8 babies on the way, and 4 of them are gray. 1 is white, and the others are black.

I've seen more on the road painted in Area-51 more than any other color, possibly every color combined. 

23 minutes ago, probowler said:

Mary Kay Pink is probably not as popular as it once was, but you should be able to get your BS wrapped,,,,,

HRG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, probowler said:

Why is it disgusting?  You cant buy one off the lot anytime soon and you can order any color you want.  I don’t follow.

14 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I've seen more on the road painted in Area-51 more than any other color, possibly every color combined. 

IIRC (can’t look at the overall data right now as I’m on my phone) and just glancing at my charts there, Area 51 was either the most or 2nd most popular choice for 6g’s orders.   The few BSs I’ve seen have been Area 51.   I want to like the color more than I do.....it’s nice, just doesn’t grab me.  And seeing the stats, I like that I went with a less popular color in VB.

2 minutes ago, akirby said:

Why is it disgusting?  You cant buy one off the lot anytime soon and you can order any color you want.  I don’t follow.

He wants a more colorful palette of options.  Like greens and browns and whatnot.   Which are coming.   I’m surprised so many are ordering the grays, but I guess if there aren’t other options that’s what they go with?

The big question is whether people are ordering grays because they want to or whether its a color they can live with.

The value in customer feedback will drive Ford but only if there's strong response for a missing color or other option.

2 minutes ago, jpd80 said:

The big question is whether people are ordering grays because they want to or whether its a color they can live with.

The value in customer feedback will drive Ford but only if there's strong response for a missing color or other option.

Or more likely gray doesn’t tend to clash with the silly stitching and accent colors in most trim levels (for Bronco not Sport anyway).  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 02MustangGT said:

Or more likely gray doesn’t tend to clash with the silly stitching and accent colors in most trim levels (for Bronco not Sport anyway).  

This right here. If I was ordering a bronco now, the only colors I would look at would be Oxford white, carbonized gray, iconic silver, shadow black, or velocity blue. Those are the colors that work best with any of the interior color options and trim colors. I for example really like the gray and blue cloth interior on the outer banks, but that would look pretty stupid with red exterior. It would however look great with carbonized gray. 

my hope is that ford cleans up the interiors for MY 22 or 23 and offers simple interiors in gray, black or tan on all trims. The higher trims can still get the blue interiors if they want. Keep the crazy camo and bright colors for special editions.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, T-dubz said:

This right here. If I was ordering a bronco now, the only colors I would look at would be Oxford white, carbonized gray, iconic silver, shadow black, or velocity blue. Those are the colors that work best with any of the interior color options and trim colors. I for example really like the gray and blue cloth interior on the outer banks, but that would look pretty stupid with red exterior. It would however look great with carbonized gray. 

my hope is that ford cleans up the interiors for MY 22 or 23 and offers simple interiors in gray, black or tan on all trims. The higher trims can still get the blue interiors if they want. Keep the crazy camo and bright colors for special editions.

Same feeling.  Except subtract velocity blue from the list on Badlands (those orange accents, yuck).  I can live with the “grabber blue”accents in roast/black interior and VB exterior on the Outer Banks.  Is it ideal?  No, but I think the VB exterior will complement the interior somewhat.  

Edited by 02MustangGT

3 hours ago, jpd80 said:

Well I’ve had a Tungsten grey Fusion and now a Magnetic grey F150.  Wife has had a Silver Aviator and a Luxe metallic mkx.  We like grey.

Carbonized grey and cactus grey are stunning on Bronco and Bronco Sport. 

32 minutes ago, akirby said:

Well I’ve had a Tungsten grey Fusion and now a Magnetic grey F150.  Wife has had a Silver Aviator and a Luxe metallic mkx.  We like grey.

Carbonized grey and cactus grey are stunning on Bronco and Bronco Sport. 

Cactus Grey looks pretty good on Ranger too. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Same feeling.  Except subtract velocity blue from the list on Badlands (those orange accents, yuck).  I can live with the “grabber blue”accents in roast/black interior and VB exterior on the Outer Banks.  Is it ideal?  No, but I think the VB exterior will complement the interior somewhat.  

I kind of get what they were going for, but the execution is lacking.

The blue accents look great when matched with a full-on blue interior, and that sexy velocity blue paint job... but less so when it's surrounded by black or you get random red interior bits on your blue bronco.

My favorite interior is actually the blue one, but I also want a red bronco... and that just won't be a good match ?   Now if they eventually add a red interior version to match the red paint jobs, i'll be very content.

14 minutes ago, probowler said:

I kind of get what they were going for, but the execution is lacking.

The blue accents look great when matched with a full-on blue interior, and that sexy velocity blue paint job... but less so when it's surrounded by black or you get random red interior bits on your blue bronco.

My favorite interior is actually the blue one, but I also want a red bronco... and that just won't be a good match ?   Now if they eventually add a red interior version to match the red paint jobs, i'll be very content.

Yep, I like the blue interior as well, but deciding on a decent exterior match other the gray/silver/white proved difficult.   I settled on Roast/Black interior and honestly I think it look fantastic with velocity blue.  I wanted something different in the garage considering we have owned silvers, whites, grays, and reds throughout the years.  

7 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yep, I like the blue interior as well, but deciding on a decent exterior match other the gray/silver/white proved difficult.   I settled on Roast/Black interior and honestly I think it look fantastic with velocity blue.  I wanted something different in the garage considering we have owned silvers, whites, grays, and reds throughout the years.  

I have that color scheme now on the escape and I love it. My only complaint is the gray trim.  I wish I had the glossy Piano black accents from the Limited.

I'm sitting at home right now snowed in. The snow was too much for it and my stupid highway tires. Really wishing I had a 2020 Bronco Sasquatch right about now ?

At least I got the day off from work!

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, probowler said:

You would do well with winter only tires or at least something 3PMSF rated.  My Mustang was daily driven on Blizzaks during winter months for a few years.  Obviously not the same climate (or snow depth) as you see up there, but the right tires made it less of a struggle.  I’m hoping we have seen the last of the snow for the season here in central Indiana.  It was 65 degrees at 5am today (anomaly but still).  

Edited by 02MustangGT

6 hours ago, jpd80 said:

I think that's definitely a factor in average "buy from the lot" buyers.  I was surprised to see such a high take rate on them with custom orders, though.

I know there's been a lot of demand for a green and brown at 6g......how many would follow through on an order of those colors, though, I don't know.

Edited by rmc523

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

I think that's definitely a factor in average "buy from the lot" buyers.  I was surprised to see such a high take rate on them with custom orders, though.

I know there's been a lot of demand for a green and brown at 6g......how many would follow through on an order of those colors, though, I don't know.

I agree most buy from lots so small/mid dealers order what they will most commonly sell or people will settle for and trade with a larger dealer for a more rare color if a customer wants something specific. 

I probably would have gone green had it been available in either British Racing or Army, so it’s Cyber Orange. My issue with Area 51 and Cactus grey shades is while they are nice colors they are on every new Subaru/RAV4/CRV/Jeep I see. It’s the in color shade for 2019-202x. 

So I reserved the color to make it look like a School bus. I might have also gone with Lightning blue if it had been available across the lineup, but I’m not getting a first edition so it’s off limits.

• Like 1

Ironically my girlfriend and I settled on Area 51 early on. We liked Cyber Orange and carbonized grey as well. However, I work in construction where construction orange is everywhere. I didn't want my vehicle to fall into the mix with everything else as well as pay the premium for the paint. My current car is a magnetic grey explorer. Love the color but it shows dirt/salt easily here in Cleveland. I also thought it gave off a bit of a Land Rover vibe when coupled with the black top option. We liked that Area 51 and Cactus Grey were more pastel and looked like something you could get on a vintage Bronco. I am always more keen to blues than greens so we were leaning Area 51. Then once the overland concept came out it slammed the door shut on our decision. Unfortunately it opened the flood gates to the public who also had the same idea. Last time I checked over 1/5 of all reservations are Area 51.

Im torn between White and Carbonized grey...then again Im having the interior changed out to Red. But who knows...because it will be a 2022 hopefully well get a broader color palette like Lead foot and an Army green... which would change everything.

Edited by Deanh

On 3/12/2021 at 11:01 AM, fuzzymoomoo said:

Cactus Grey looks pretty good on Ranger too. 

I like how Cactus and Area 51 take Gray in different directions and then there's the darker Carbonised Gray.

None of them are boring, striking how the colours work on the Broncos, Cactus on Ranger is interesting.