Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

To help clarify... the Bronco Sport Mannequin units are not regular 'Demo" units but special units equipped with a pre-selected accessary package that would go into service as part of the FCTP (Ford Courtesy Transportation Program). Participation in the "Mannequin" program gave Dealers that elected to participate the ability to earn up to two additional units of allocation. The program had been modified as of an announcement yesterday. Below is a summary of the program and the changes announced. I have removed information on the financial terms of the program between Ford and the participating Dealers. 

Background
In June 2020, the Bronco team launched EFC08394 outlining the opportunity for dealers to participate in the Bronco Sport Mannequin program. The program offered dealers up to two additional units of Bronco Sport allocation with the agreement these unit(s) would have a required pre-selected accessory package and utilized in FCTP service. These units were required to be placed into FCTP service for 4 months or 4,000 miles, as outlined in EFC08705.

Changes to the Time and Mileage Requirements
Based on dealer and customer feedback, the decision has been made to remove the time and mileage requirements for the Bronco Sport Mannequin vehicles, allowing dealers to sell to end-users immediately, if they choose. This decision was made as a direct result of your feedback on ways we could better serve our customers and provide a Worry-Free and Unstoppable experience.

Effective 3/18, any Bronco Sport Mannequin vehicle assigned to the program will be eligible to be removed from FCTP service prior to meeting the 4,000 mile or 4 month requirements previously outlined in EFC08705.

Please be aware that we are not requiring the Mannequin units be removed at this time. Dealers may opt to continue to utilize their Mannequin unit(s) in-service for up to 6 months or 6,000 miles, as the FCTP program guidelines state.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ice-capades said:

To help clarify... the Bronco Sport Mannequin units are not regular 'Demo" units but special units equipped with a pre-selected accessary package that would go into service as part of the FCTP (Ford Courtesy Transportation Program). Participation in the "Mannequin" program gave Dealers that elected to participate the ability to earn up to two additional units of allocation. The program had been modified as of an announcement yesterday. Below is a summary of the program and the changes announced. I have removed information on the financial terms of the program between Ford and the participating Dealers. 

Background
In June 2020, the Bronco team launched EFC08394 outlining the opportunity for dealers to participate in the Bronco Sport Mannequin program. The program offered dealers up to two additional units of Bronco Sport allocation with the agreement these unit(s) would have a required pre-selected accessory package and utilized in FCTP service. These units were required to be placed into FCTP service for 4 months or 4,000 miles, as outlined in EFC08705.

Changes to the Time and Mileage Requirements
Based on dealer and customer feedback, the decision has been made to remove the time and mileage requirements for the Bronco Sport Mannequin vehicles, allowing dealers to sell to end-users immediately, if they choose. This decision was made as a direct result of your feedback on ways we could better serve our customers and provide a Worry-Free and Unstoppable experience.

Effective 3/18, any Bronco Sport Mannequin vehicle assigned to the program will be eligible to be removed from FCTP service prior to meeting the 4,000 mile or 4 month requirements previously outlined in EFC08705.

Please be aware that we are not requiring the Mannequin units be removed at this time. Dealers may opt to continue to utilize their Mannequin unit(s) in-service for up to 6 months or 6,000 miles, as the FCTP program guidelines state.

I interpret that as "dealers wanted more to sell, they had some lying around stuck in this program, and begged Ford to let them sell them."

Hey Guys, I went to a dealership in Michigan on Saturday to see a Bronco in person. I was hoping for a Badlands or at least a model with the sasquatch package. Unfortunately it was neither but beggars can't be choosers. I posted my thoughts on the Bronco6G forum. Overall I was impressed with the vehicle and can't wait to take delivery. A Ford rep there had some comments about the Sasquatch MPG in passing... get your popcorn ready... in typical 6G fashion the mob took this small tidbit and ran it into the ground. Enjoy...

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/3-20-varsity-ford-dealer-event-photos-questions-and-first-impressions.14124/

Btw, any of you that live near Buffalo or Cleveland will be in luck. Apparently they are heading that way next. Should be around early April.

33 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Btw, any of you that live near Buffalo or Cleveland will be in luck. Apparently they are heading that way next. Should be around early April.

Along those lines, a dealer near me in suburban Chicago is hosting a Bronco event starting April 23rd.

HRG

33 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Along those lines, a dealer near me in suburban Chicago is hosting a Bronco event starting April 23rd.

HRG

4 hours ago, jasonj80 said:

There is still times around metro Detroit if anyone wants to register and see one, SE MI Ford Dealers Preview Events (thinkfordfirstevents.com) you get 11K Ford pass points as well just have to select a dealer to find what day works for you to see it. 

Crest Ford Flat Rock just had theirs last week. Maybe I should sign up for the Taylor Ford one just for S&Gs. I've yet to actually see a Bronco in person amazingly enough.

Edited by fuzzymoomoo
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Crest Ford Flat Rock just had theirs last week. Maybe I should sign up for the Taylor Ford one just for S&Gs. I've yet to actually see a Bronco in person amazingly enough.

I'd hope you'd have seen it, if not you need a visit to the optometrist.?

It is a good deal for the points, enough for a free oil change.

42 minutes ago, jasonj80 said:

I'd hope you'd have seen it, if not you need a visit to the optometrist.?

It is a good deal for the points, enough for a free oil change.

I mean a finished one, smart ass ?

Though until Friday I hadn't touched the bronco line in like 2 months because they were exclusively running it on night shift so same difference. 

• Like 1

I will say this... the reps Ford had at the event I attended were top notch. They were just good people at the end of the day... they entertained my GF and the wives when a lot of the guys geeked out over the vehicle. Seeing that you’re on the Bronco production team I’m sure you know more than them anyways haha. It all depends on how much your kid is into cars. My nephews are dying to see it this summer and one of them is 4. I built up the excitement of the vehicle to them though. I will say they take your temperature before the event but you will be within 6’ of people constantly.

Edited by Dirty Bronco

My parents placed an order on a Rapid Red/Black Bronco Sport Outer Banks yesterday to replace their 2013 Fusion. 

I was surprised considering they're both on the edge of their 70s. They said it reminded them of a 78 Bronco they owned in the past. 

They were initially looking at the Corsair. 

Edited by 92LX302