Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

7 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Black tops and dual tops (apparently this includes the MIC dual top option as well) are now delayed until MY22.

https://community.thebronconation.com/forums/threads/bronco-modular-hard-top-option-moved-to-2022-model-year.3915/

The delay is a mixed bag overall for me.  On one hand, it means getting the Bronco later, which is obviously disappointing.

I've waited this long, and am not in a bind vehicle-wise where I'm up against an ending lease or anything like that, so I'd rather wait longer and get what I want.

On the positive side, as a Wildtrak holder, winding up with a '22 means

1) They'll work out production bugs on '21s

2) It'll be a model year newer, despite being a few months difference, which would be nice down the road

3) Finances can get better/save up more.

That said, after re-reading the email, it's very disappointing that all I'm getting for the extra waiting is a $250 voucher for merchandise at the Off Rodeo.

It now seems that the "free" headliner now only applies to MIC (the previous announcement did not specifically list out MIC, despite what BN said), so I'm not looking at a $495 increase vs. their last announcement.  If anyone has other info on this, it'd be helpful.

Further, since I want the black painted top, I don't get the $1000 FordPass credit, which only applies if you get a '21 MIC top.

So as I said, I only get a $250 voucher for Off Rodeo.   I don't want it to sound like I'm complaining too much (guess I am).....I'm willing to wait, but feel like they could compensate better than $250 for that, after now finding I'll be paying for the headliner again.

I was fine with the additional wait when we thought you'd get all 3 of those "givebacks".

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

I'm thinking many want a Manual Sasquatch and are holding out for that in '22.

I didn't even think about the ManSquatches. Yeah that makes sense. Also Ford did say they're looking into possibilities of offering manual with the V6 too. Not sure if they came to the decision yet though. So there could be some holding out for that possibility too.

18 hours ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Black tops and dual tops (apparently this includes the MIC dual top option as well) are now delayed until MY22.

At this point they should have just pushed the whole program to 2022MY and just done late availability. Ford just creates problems for themselves time and time again, while I am still excited for mine others are becoming angry which will then lead to an indifference and off to buy something else. 

Just my gut reaction but the whole Bronco launch, even before the Job #1 Date, continues to be a disappointment with the commodity issues and late availability changes pushing back production on desirable models, etc. to the 2022 Model Year. Some of the customers affected will certainly cancel. Those cancellations will make more lower level models available for Dealer stock but overall the introduction image, experience and more has been diminished. 

9 hours ago, pffan1990 said:

I didn't even think about the ManSquatches. Yeah that makes sense. Also Ford did say they're looking into possibilities of offering manual with the V6 too. Not sure if they came to the decision yet though. So there could be some holding out for that possibility too.

Yeah, even with that, manual was destined to be a low take rate, and will only get smaller as units become available to the general public on dealer lots.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ice-capades said:

Just my gut reaction but the whole Bronco launch, even before the Job #1 Date, continues to be a disappointment with the commodity issues and late availability changes pushing back production on desirable models, etc. to the 2022 Model Year. Some of the customers affected will certainly cancel. Those cancellations will make more lower level models available for Dealer stock but overall the introduction image, experience and more has been diminished. 

I hate using this as an excuse constantly but you can thank covid for disrupting the global supply chain. Had that not happened we wouldn't be seeing nearly the same issues we are now. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

I hate using this as an excuse constantly but you can thank covid for disrupting the global supply chain. Had that not happened we wouldn't be seeing nearly the same issues we are now. 

Yup. Leadership has done just about everything possible - and spent everything possible - to get this launch off the ground WITHOUT any issues like we saw with Chicago. 

COVID disruptions are almost entirely to blame. They had opportunities here and there to risk launch quality but protect the timeline, and they made the right calls. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

The first First Edition was sold at Barrett-Jackson for $1.075M.

https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2021-FORD-BRONCO-2-DOOR-VIN-001-245163

More like...someone donated $1.075M to charity for the privilege to own a 2021 Bronco “First Edition” that is built per the donor’s requested specs (oh and the donation to charity also allows the winning bidder to visit with Dave and the design team).  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

show and tell day...Bronco event at the Dealership today...Cactus Green Black Diamond and a Black Outer banks...both 4 doors...Gentlemen...we have a runaway hit...actually looks better in the flesh than photos. Wish they had bought a 2 dr to peek at, but beggars cant be choosers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

show and tell day...Bronco event at the Dealership today...Cactus Green Black Diamond and a Black Outer banks...both 4 doors...Gentlemen...we have a runaway hit...actually looks better in the flesh than photos. Wish they had bought a 2 dr to peek at, but beggars cant be choosers.

...and no first-hand pics? For shame!

3 minutes ago, Deanh said:

I'm going to one here locally today.  I'll take some pics.

The ones that have been around locally are both 4-doors - a VB BB and Rapid Red OBX, neither are Sasquatch, unfortunately, which I was hoping to see in 4-door form.

Heard you guys like photos. Here are a few of mine from the Cleveland event. My order was originally for Area 51 but I couldn’t get over how good Cactus Gray looked in person. I made the switch this week. Never thought I’d consider it but it was a real beauty up close.

FDCB12F1-D73A-4BC1-B6BC-61B73D634B4A.jpeg

97C6FE14-5519-4DF6-A994-37D580421666.jpeg

793C09DE-BC9B-4F57-99C5-53280A512959.jpeg

131B1475-6AD3-45D8-AB99-5E7EBBFD3D52.jpeg

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Anthony said:

...and no first-hand pics? For shame!

fords running the event...they are cordoned off, and no one can actually sit in the vehicles...sheesh...but they look fantastic....lots of griping about the lack of two door though...neither have the Sasquatch either...that had a HUGE take rate on our reservations...

Edited by Deanh
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Heard you guys like photos. Here are a few of mine from the Cleveland event. My order was originally for Area 51 but I couldn’t get over how good Cactus Gray looked in person. I made the switch this week. Never thought I’d consider it but it was a real beauty up close.

FDCB12F1-D73A-4BC1-B6BC-61B73D634B4A.jpeg

97C6FE14-5519-4DF6-A994-37D580421666.jpeg

793C09DE-BC9B-4F57-99C5-53280A512959.jpeg

131B1475-6AD3-45D8-AB99-5E7EBBFD3D52.jpeg

Dirty Bronco, I was there last Saturday mid afternoon. Was surprised how "quiet" the event was. Had plenty of time to crawl all over the two Broncos. 

3 minutes ago, ice-capades said:

Quiet? That's interesting. Didn't the dealership promote the event?

it may just be down to location...we have over 160 reservations and have had to turn people away that were late to the  party...

• Like 1