Bronco and Bronco Sport World Premier July 13th!!

12 minutes ago, Edgeoffroad04 said:

Dirty Bronco, I was there last Saturday mid afternoon. Was surprised how "quiet" the event was. Had plenty of time to crawl all over the two Broncos. 

Getting there in the afternoon on these weekend events seems to be key. I’ve read that on 6g as well. I unfortunately had prior commitments that evening or else we would’ve likely crossed paths. I got there at 10 AM. They had a line and the second 11AM hit they kicked me out haha.

1 hour ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Heard you guys like photos. Here are a few of mine from the Cleveland event. My order was originally for Area 51 but I couldn’t get over how good Cactus Gray looked in person. I made the switch this week. Never thought I’d consider it but it was a real beauty up close.

FDCB12F1-D73A-4BC1-B6BC-61B73D634B4A.jpeg

97C6FE14-5519-4DF6-A994-37D580421666.jpeg

793C09DE-BC9B-4F57-99C5-53280A512959.jpeg

131B1475-6AD3-45D8-AB99-5E7EBBFD3D52.jpeg

Jealous you guys had a sasquatch.

1 hour ago, Deanh said:

fords running the event...they are cordoned off, and no one can actually sit in the vehicles...sheesh...but they look fantastic....lots of griping about the lack of two door though...neither have the Sasquatch either...that had a HUGE take rate on our reservations...

Weird.  Everything I've seen has had people able to get inside and check it out.    I too am disappointed the ones that'll be at my event will be non-Sas.  At least one of them should have been.

1 hour ago, Dirty Bronco said:

Heard you guys like photos. Here are a few of mine from the Cleveland event. My order was originally for Area 51 but I couldn’t get over how good Cactus Gray looked in person. I made the switch this week. Never thought I’d consider it but it was a real beauty up close.

I had decided on Cactus Gray and my dealership happened to have a Cactus Grey Ranger and Bronco Sport on the lot when I showed up to order.  I really liked the color, especially after seeing it on Ranger which also had Magnetic Wheels. I was told they had a Area 51 Sport on order.  I went ahead and ordered Cactus Gray and told them I may switch once I get to see Area 51 in person.  The other day, the Area 51 Sport arrived and I finally got to see it in person.  I liked it, but still liked Cactus Gray better!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Anyone have anything particular about a Big Bend or OBX (or Bronco in general) they'd like pictures of or info about that I can try to answer or show when I go?

If the Big Bend is in cactus gray can you please get some close up head on shots of the front end. Want to get a good shot of how the grill and color clash.

Edited by Dirty Bronco

26 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

If the Big Bend is in cactus gray can you please get some close up head on shots of the front end. Want to get a good shot of how the grill and color clash.

From what I've seen on 6g of other local events, the Big Bend is Velocity Blue, and OBX is Rapid Red.  I'll take pics either way, but I'll be sure to if it's different than those colors.

3 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Jealous you guys had a sasquatch.

Weird.  Everything I've seen has had people able to get inside and check it out.    I too am disappointed the ones that'll be at my event will be non-Sas.  At least one of them should have been.

well they finally started succumbing to requests and started letting people sit in them...rather strange protocols but hey...

2 minutes ago, Deanh said:

well they finally started succumbing to requests and started letting people sit in them...rather strange protocols but hey...

Could be a local thing. They had zero problems letting people sit in them when I went after they wiped all the surfaces down with sanitizer. 

10 minutes ago, fuzzymoomoo said:

Could be a local thing. They had zero problems letting people sit in them when I went after they wiped all the surfaces down with sanitizer. 

I would say it was a reflection of the sheer amount  of people...we were PACKED...and its still going....

4 hours ago, rmc523 said:

Anyone have anything particular about a Big Bend or OBX (or Bronco in general) they'd like pictures of or info about that I can try to answer or show when I go?

I’d be happy with any big bend pics without the mud flaps ?

• Haha 1

Maybe this will settle some of the discussion about the Sport's capability.  Most crossovers and compact SUV's don't do well on the slip test or the hill test (and some larger ones as well).  The Sport seemed to handle everything just fine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Here are a few pics from yesterday.  Forgive the lighting as they had them under a cover and it was bright out, so many of them facing out had bad lighting.

Big Bend pics:

yscgqDK.jpg

JBR2i5e.jpg

F2zod41.jpg

FHW1Pot.jpg

Lp9OYpU.jpg

x3UUQNA.jpg

i602zzG.jpg

OBX pics:

hqcZDFa.jpg

yXhOlnM.jpg

76zRHqG.jpg

OBX Interior:

IsTU1kU.jpg

qXsx98C.jpg

If anyone has any questions post event, I'll do my best to answer!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Is that the 8 inch screen in the Big Bend? Looks too small. 

It is.  I don't recall it looking so small in person.  By comparison, the 12" looked huge in person that doesn't come across in pictures.

14 minutes ago, silvrsvt said:

Is that the 8 inch screen in the Big Bend? Looks too small. 

Yes, I feel the same, although it’s a personal preference.  I opted for the Lux package on the Outer Banks trim which includes the 12” display.  Big Bend cannot be optioned with the 12” display, at least for the 2021 MY.  

1 hour ago, rmc523 said:

If anyone has any questions post event, I'll do my best to answer!

Thanks for the pics!  I ordered Velocity Blue, although mine will be a 2022 model so I have plenty of time to change my mind.  What was your opinion of VB on the Bronco after seeing it in person?

14 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Thanks for the pics!  I ordered Velocity Blue, although mine will be a 2022 model so I have plenty of time to change my mind.  What was your opinion of VB on the Bronco after seeing it in person?

I also ordered VB.  I liked it - it's definitely a bright color - I ordered a Wildtrak with the black top (so I'm a '22 now too), as I think the black accents will go well with VB and help tone it down some, but overall I liked it.  While I was hoping to see a sasquatch in person to see how it is hopping in and out, I'm glad I at least got to see Bronco in VB......sure I can see it on F-150s or whatnot on the dealer lot, but it's still nice seeing it on THE car you're getting.

2 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

I also ordered VB.  I liked it - it's definitely a bright color - I ordered a Wildtrak with the black top (so I'm a '22 now too), as I think the black accents will go well with VB and help tone it down some, but overall I liked it.  While I was hoping to see a sasquatch in person to see how it is hopping in and out, I'm glad I at least got to see Bronco in VB......sure I can see it on F-150s or whatnot on the dealer lot, but it's still nice seeing it on THE car you're getting.

I had the same concerns with Sasquatch and hopping in and out. I am 6' and my girlfriend is 5'4". Neither of us thought it was a big deal at all. You definitely need to raise your leg up but it's nothing extreme IMHO.

5 minutes ago, rmc523 said:

Thanks for the feedback!  Painted black top for my Outer Banks build as well.  I think the top will tie in with the painted black grill, so I couldn’t concede to the MIC.  I’ve checked out VB on other vehicles as well, like you said, it’s not the same as seeing it on the vehicle you are getting (for example, I like it a lot on the F-150, it doesn’t look great on the Escape).  

22 minutes ago, Dirty Bronco said:

I had the same concerns with Sasquatch and hopping in and out. I am 6' and my girlfriend is 5'4". Neither of us thought it was a big deal at all. You definitely need to raise your leg up but it's nothing extreme IMHO.

My debate was mostly whether to get the step or not.  I'm 6'0 and probably would've been fine (those non-squatch ones were easy to get in and out of), but I went ahead and ordered it just to be safe.  I figure I can always take it off if I don't want them and/or replace them with some powered ones that will also hide that ugly pinch weld.

16 minutes ago, 02MustangGT said:

Thanks for the feedback!  Painted black top for my Outer Banks build as well.  I think the top will tie in with the painted black grill, so I couldn’t concede to the MIC.  I’ve checked out VB on other vehicles as well, like you said, it’s not the same as seeing it on the vehicle you are getting (for example, I like it a lot on the F-150, it doesn’t look great on the Escape).  

Yeah, I figure we've waited years for Bronco, I can wait a few more months to get what I want.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 02MustangGT said:

Yes, I feel the same, although it’s a personal preference.  I opted for the Lux package on the Outer Banks trim which includes the 12” display.  Big Bend cannot be optioned with the 12” display, at least for the 2021 MY.  

Yeah I wanted it, but I couldn't justify the price increase that the OB had with it and the painted fenders didn't do anything for me. 

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 12:34 PM, silvrsvt said:

Yeah I wanted it, but I couldn't justify the price increase that the OB had with it and the painted fenders didn't do anything for me. 

if you opt for the Squatch package the painted flares go bye bye...